Political Correctness or just being sensitive to others who are different?

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Political correctness is a very sensitive issue. :)
In Australia in the workplace, you can be given warning letters ,fired or even sued for discriminating against a minority or "weaker" groups. These include, races other than white, homosexuals, religions, the disabled, women and so on.
It seems to me these "weaker" groups have a lot of power . Gays can tell us we must allow gay marriage. Disabled can sue for not being catered for. Women can complain about "aggressive" behaviour from males, but can use the same behaviour and call it "assertive." The racist card can be used against a white person, to get them in trouble.
I know there are two sides to every story. There is absolutely cases of neglect and abuse of the aged for instance, that is outrageous. Sexism and racism are alive and well in the workplace. But I'm talking about the other side of the story here. When weaker groups use their victim status, not for equality but actual superiority. They want to call the shots. Equality is perhaps an ideal rather than a reality.
My brother is disabled.i've seen him use his victim status to hold our family to ransom. He was given a unit/apartment to stay in and refused to pay any rent, and then refused to leave. "poor me, I don't have a job, I cant pay anything." yet he had top of the range computer and TV, nice furniture. Those of us who deal with this kind of behaviour have to tread ever so carefully. There is a guilt and of course there are people like social workers you have to deal with.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Victims actually become the bullies. But they can hide behind their "weak" label. And of course, the rest of us have to play the political correctness game. Otherwise we are branded as the "obvious" bullies.
I am not for one minute defending men who abuse their partners in domestic violence cases. That is so wrong. I hate bullies of all kinds. Ones who use emotional, physical or psychological abuse is sickening indeed. here I am talking about the less obvious bully. The one who looks sweet and innocent on the outside. Who maybe has a soft, kind disposition to all outward appearances. But works behind the scenes to manipulate things to their favour. It is the work of the devil in my view. They know how to win over the majority's sympathy whilst demonising some of their preferred targets. Those targets then become pariahs of the community. I know because I've made been a pariah in the workplace in the past.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Political correctness is a very sensitive issue. :)
In Australia in the workplace, you can be given warning letters ,fired or even sued for discriminating against a minority or "weaker" groups.

Same here if you discriminate in the workforce.

These include, races other than white, homosexuals, religions, the disabled, women and so on.
It seems to me these "weaker" groups have a lot of power . Gays can tell us we must allow gay marriage. Disabled can sue for not being catered for. Women can complain about "aggressive" behaviour from males, but can use the same behaviour and call it "assertive."

I'm not sure about the differences in Australia, but here in the state of Florida businesses have to comply with the guidelines of providing services for the disabled. If they are reported for not providing this support, the state steps in to make the changes. It's different than outright discrimination, though, where a person can take out a personal suit against a company. A difference between not adhering to federal guidelines with parking spaces versus a derogatory statement from staff, etc.

The racist card can be used against a white person, to get them in trouble.
I know there are two sides to every story. There is absolutely cases of neglect and abuse of the aged for instance, that is outrageous. Sexism and racism are alive and well in the workplace. But I'm talking about the other side of the story here. When weaker groups use their victim status, not for equality but actual superiority. They want to call the shots. Equality is perhaps an ideal rather than a reality.

I agree with you here. Racism is a horrible thing and should not be tolerated ever, but I have seen real situations in the workforce where a person was in no way discriminated against, they know they weren't, but they claim racism to try and get leeway or a lawsuit if fired for something else. It's a terrible trait.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Victims actually become the bullies. But they can hide behind their "weak" label. And of course, the rest of us have to play the political correctness game. Otherwise we are branded as the "obvious" bullies.
I am not for one minute defending men who abuse their partners in domestic violence cases. That is so wrong. I hate bullies of all kinds. Ones who use emotional, physical or psychological abuse is sickening indeed. here I am talking about the less obvious bully. The one who looks sweet and innocent on the outside. Who maybe has a soft, kind disposition to all outward appearances. But works behind the scenes to manipulate things to their favour. It is the work of the devil in my view. They know how to win over the majority's sympathy whilst demonising some of their preferred targets. Those targets then become pariahs of the community. I know because I've made been a pariah in the workplace in the past.

I especially see the bullying mentality with some of the gay rights and complain about this often. People should be able to say they don't believe in gay marriage without being ostracized, but situations and the media has shown us time and time again that people are being figuratively torn apart for giving their honest opinion. Chik-fil-A, bakers, American Beauty Pageant contestants come to mind.

It's an unfortunate reversal of roles to raise up and then try to discriminate against the ones who used to discriminate - instead of equal balances, it promotes a new type of discrimination (and in some cases, new forms of racism.) Ironic actually.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

DavetheSlave

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2016
Idaho USA
✟46,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the OP. It describes me as well. My outlook toward all is non-judgemental ( who appointed me to judge?). It seems more and more people are using social bullying, however. I worked with a man who used his background to get the boss to feel sorry for him and accord him special privilege. I think we're living in a world of many people who are quick to take offense. It's necessary to tread so carefully on social pathways because it's quickly becoming a minefield, so I have learned to keep my opinions to myself and try to live quietly. (1st Thess 4:11)

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

ShaulHaTarsi

Jul 9, 2016
USA
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel that we're coming to a point where those with majority status are trying to identify themselves as some kind of minority just in order to feel validated and justified by those around them, as evidenced by what I see as the exponential growth of new sexual and gender identities. It's not so much that I think everyone must fit into a purely "CIS-Hetero" (I feel dirty for even using those terms) mold, but rather about any sort of personal deviation of preference automatically having a self-applied label, thereby granting themselves societal privilege in the face of anticipated and even welcomed discrimination.

Upvote 0