• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Police use pepper-spray on protesters — including children — marching to Alamance polls

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by tulc, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Except most of the people had already cleared the street. If the cops had just waited this probably would have taken care of itself.

2. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So how is violating police instructions and blocking/impeding travel while saying "the streets are ours" encouraging people to vote?

3. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Evidence of what? That ISIS would use women and children as human shields to carry out their attacks for propaganda opportunities?

4. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The point is that the police cannot be held responsible for the stupidity of a parent. Especially when they are carrying out the duties necessary to maintain law and order. Otherwise you can only expect more children at protests acting as human shields.

5. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Actually the majority of those present were already on the sidewalk.

6. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on... Supporter

+3,335
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    A response from the third-grade playground:

This:

Is not what you said. Nor was it your intent.

You employed the tired and juvenile tactic of stealing someone else's words, changing one or two, and then attempting to pass the result off as an original thought.

If your intent was to ask "maybe that's a two way street in this situation" then that is what you could have and should have said. It truly would not have been that hard. But then you wouldn't have been able to employ the Johnny Bravo defense.

Also:

The post did not make a point. NerdGirl123 made a point in the post she created.

Because you truly struggle to come up with your own.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  7. lsume

lsume Well-Known Member Supporter

+509
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  8. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    No, evidence that the children here were specifically brought to serve as human shields to carry out attacks for propaganda purposes.

9. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,129
    Christian
    Married
    uhmm...actually that would be why I said:
    I then posted the same quote with the changes I made:
    being careful to post the changes I made in red, so as to show I changed some words from the original post.

No, because I pointed out any time I changed something from the original post. I'm sorry you didn't understand what I was doing, but it's actually pretty standard way of pointing out something that may have escaped the attention of the original poster.

uhmmm...if you re-read my post that's what I did. Sorry you misunderstood what happened.

Don't worry, apparently it was only hard for one person in the thread to understand. And I think that's been explained now.

I'm sorry, I've been through this thread now a couple of times and I can't seem to find any poster named "Johnny Bravo" in it. Did you post that in the wrong thread? I know that can happen when people are posting in multiple threads.

Agreed, I merely pointed out that her point was actually a two way street, not one way.

Well, not in this case, it was pretty obvious her point could just as easily be applied to the other side of the argument.
    tulc(hopes that clears up all the things Sistrin didn't seem to understand about this post)

10. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lol. Please don't gaslight me. Look at the video. You would be hard pressed to even see a sidewalk. Heck you can hardly see the street with so many people on it.

11. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    There is no evidence that the officers were spraying the kids with pepper spray either. But what are facts to the left?

12. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    i’m going by what was stated in one of the articles. You probably can’t see a sidewalk because so many are standing on it.

13. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    They sprayed pepper spray knowing that there were children there. Is blocking a road such a terrible thing that it warrants getting pepper spray? These cops are scum.

14. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I bet.

15. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Except that has nothing to do with what we are discussing. This is what people do when they have nothing to say. They introduced irrelevant material

16. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,522
    Christian
    Private
    They are not responsible for the acts of the crowd they are responsible for their acts upon the crowd. You seem to suggest there was no other options and the presence of children shouldn't change how they engage the crowd.

17. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I am sure you get that a lot. But you should know the difference between someone not having anything to say, vs not having anything worth saying to you. That is all I have left to say to you.

18. Archivist

+5,962
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    In other words you have no evidence that supports your claim, so we can dismiss what you said.

19. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,522
    Christian
    Private
    Your example is hyperbole. Why not ask what if Hitler was jay walking then would it be ok to pepper spray him? This offers no insight into the event regardless if the protestors are on the street or had moved off the street, a jay walker (even if Hitler) has nothing to do with the event in question and it's fruitless to compare the two.

20. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+3,017
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In other words, you are a waste of my time. Take your gaslight somewhere else. The evidence is in the video found in the OP article.