Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The decision to side with Mr. Trump this year delivered a blow to presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden, who prides himself on being a “union man” and longtime ally of police.

The NAPO endorsement revealed the depth of the cracks in Mr. Biden’s police support since he sided with racial justice protesters and fellow Democrats who have been hammering police departments with accusations of racism and brutality.
EXCLUSIVE: National Association of Police Organizations endorses Trump, bails on past Biden backing

• Informative
Reactions: jacks

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The decision to side with Mr. Trump this year delivered a blow to presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden, who prides himself on being a “union man” and longtime ally of police.

The NAPO endorsement revealed the depth of the cracks in Mr. Biden’s police support since he sided with racial justice protesters and fellow Democrats who have been hammering police departments with accusations of racism and brutality.
EXCLUSIVE: National Association of Police Organizations endorses Trump, bails on past Biden backing
Donald Trump: Union Man!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Given the polls, why any organization would want to associate its name with this President defies logic!

In the case of NAPO, this is a self-inflicted wound, an unforced error - it only provides its critics in the "defund police" movement with even more credibility when they assert that much like this President, law enforcement in America is out of touch with the times!

NAPO needs to realize that this is the 21stC where it should be assumed that any police misconduct by its members in public will be subject to videotaping - the traditional ways of doing business will no longer stand up to this kind of scrutiny and there is no going back!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Given the polls, why any organization would want to associate its name with this President defies logic!

In the case of NAPO, this is a self-inflicted wound, an unforced error - it only provides its critics in the "defund police" movement with even more credibility when they assert that much like this President, law enforcement in America is out of touch with the times!

NAPO needs to realize that this is the 21stC where it should be assumed that any police misconduct by its members in public will be subject to videotaping - the traditional ways of doing business will no longer stand up to this kind of scrutiny and there is no going back!

I'm a little surprised at this move. I dug through NAPO's Facebook page a bit and while the posts were understandably pro-police, the overall tone struck me as more reasonable and less strident than a lot of what I've seen from police unions.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wish I lived in a country where the police didn't have to side AGAINST the guy who stood up for social justice.
Your police also probably don't view everything as a war and murder a kid who plays the violin for cats in a shelter for having the audacity to dance in public, all while he compliments the police and begs them to stop. (I wish that wasn't a real thing that happened.)

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I'm a little surprised at this move. I dug through NAPO's Facebook page a bit and while the posts were understandably pro-police, the overall tone struck me as more reasonable and less strident than a lot of what I've seen from police unions.
The average police officer wants to be proud of his profession, but also has been subject to this "code of silence" culture surrounding the misconduct of the "bad apples!"

Video phones in the 21stC have starting to expose some of these problem officers for what they are, the only way out of this current dilemma is for the police departments and the majority of good officers to finally realize that its in their own best interests and those of the nation to finally take a stand and eliminate problem before this rogue element drags them all down!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Your police also probably don't view everything as a war and murder a kid who plays the violin for cats in a shelter for having the audacity to dance in public, all while he compliments the police and begs them to stop. (I wish that wasn't a real thing that happened.)
Link please.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Crimson Dragon

Jul 15, 2020
Texas
✟8,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Law enforcers endorse the most lawless individual ever to hold the office of president? They are sleeping with the enemy.

I agree with you. The police already have a terrible reputation as it is and they just made it worse by associating themselves with Donald Trump. It will more than likely come back to bite them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Law enforcers endorse the most lawless individual ever to hold the office of president? They are sleeping with the enemy.
Show the evidence that Trump has broken any laws. "The most lawless" come on show that evidence that does not exist. Can you find evidence that he has broken even one law?

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Show the evidence that Trump has broken any laws. "The most lawless" come on show that evidence that does not exist. Can you find evidence that he has broken even one law?
Just one? Sure. It's called Individual One. Cohen served time for breaking campaign finance law, you know, the paying off the inappropriate contentstar thing. Individual One was the co-conspirator, and the one who signed the check. Oh yeah, also the one who slept with said inappropriate contentstar. Why was he not indicted? DOJ policy. Not because he wasn't guilty, not because there wasn't evidence,. No. A technicality that literally nobody else could use, or has access to.

That's just the easy one. But you asked for just one, so there it is.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just one? Sure. It's called Individual One. Cohen served time for breaking campaign finance law, you know, the paying off the inappropriate contentstar thing. Individual One was the co-conspirator, and the one who signed the check. Oh yeah, also the one who slept with said inappropriate contentstar. Why was he not indicted? DOJ policy. Not because he wasn't guilty, not because there wasn't evidence,. No. A technicality that literally nobody else could use, or has access to.

That's just the easy one. But you asked for just one, so there it is.
Except you still do not have one, client tell his attorney to settle a case expecting the attorney to follow the law, attorney fails to follow the law. Not a violation of law by the client. So keep trying. Oh and the DOJ police excuse has been debunked so many times, I am shocked you dont know.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Mueller found 10 incidences of obstruction of justice, but prosecution has to be put on hold until the happy day when he is no longer president.

I still marvel at the US position that a sitting president cannot be prosecuted for crimes. I understand the necessity to shield a president while being able to do things some of which may be unpopular, so it's a moderator on rash "mob" decisions.

But it still sort of feels like we establish a "limited kingship" for our presidents through this. The material from the Mueller investigation was so astounding and sufficiently troubling that it should have triggered the ability to prosecute.

I worry that the "circuit breakers" that are in place (eg the 25th Amendment) are never going to be used despite what is shaping up to be one of the greatest set of disasters to hit the US (and the world) in a century. And we DEFINITELY need leadership now more than ever and it is manifestly clear the current team is not getting the job done.

I'm not saying Trump is responsible for COVID but his handling of it and his administration's failure to provide leadership necessary for America to do the hard work that was necessary to deal with it in the first wave will ultimately result in the collapse of our economy. All the good stuff Trump might have been able to achieve in his first 3 years in terms of employment and economy will be (already are) wiped out completely. Will it be a mere "blip" we can get past quickly? Well, considering we are heading straight back into the hard-core economic shutdown without having prepared in our brief "inter-spike" space it would seem to me that the next economic hiccup will be the bad one.

The stock market has remained strangely "stable" and upbeat but investors only have so much patience and if we keep running down the road on 3 flat tires we aren't going to be able to continue rolling for long.

Upvote 0