✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
@christine40
I'd be for her getting manslaughter or even negligent homicide expect for one thing.
The medical examiner said the bullet trajectory was downward. If he was walking towards her when she shot him it would be impossible for the bullet to have a downward trajectory. She lied.
Being a trained police officer she knew that she should only shoot if her life was in immediate danger. It's more likely that he was getting up from a chair, sofa, or even the floor.

That's a good (and crucial) point, Hank.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I agree.

From the details i read, and the photos, including the red mat outside the neighbor's door, including that it was an entirely different floor, and the question remains: how did she get "in" his apartment?

What a weak and wobbly to the nth "story" she eeked out. Another question, of course, is why didn't she get him help?

I agree. She should've gotten the death penalty.

Sickening.

:sick:
Wow how Christian of you.

nobody deserves the death penalty, especially for a tragic and horrible mistake that she should have avoided by being observant and acting as a police officer. Yep she is guilty, but she did not plan to kill anyone when she finished work after a 13 hour+ shift, she made a series of horrible misjudgements.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
I agree.

From the details i read, and the photos, including the red mat outside the neighbor's door, including that it was an entirely different floor, and the question remains: how did she get "in" his apartment?

What a weak and wobbly to the nth "story" she eeked out. Another question, of course, is why didn't she get him help?

I agree. She should've gotten the death penalty.

Sickening.

:sick:
Wow how Christian of you.

nobody deserves the death penalty, especially for a tragic and horrible mistake that she should have avoided by being observant and acting as a police officer. Yep she is guilty, but she did not plan to kill anyone when she finished work after a 13 hour+ shift, she made a series of horrible misjudgements.
Nonsense.

Her stories are about as wobbly as a rubber band.

Here's another link to an article with a little more details from the neighbors before the shooting.

Link:
Botham Jean neighbors: Amber Guyger was banging door, ‘let me in’

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
At first when I read that the judge instructed the jury they could consider the castle doctrine, I was bothered by the decision. But now I realize the judge was just making sure that they can't use that excuse on appeal. It looks like the judge thought ahead, now she just needs to receive a just sentence. I don't think she should go to prison for life, but I feel that way about most murderers. However, 20-25 years sounds reasonable to me.

I think the worst thing she did was get on the stand and talk about how she hates how much this killing affects her, way to center his death on yourself. When I heard her crying while saying that, all I could think was, "She still thinks it's all about her."

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The death penalty. Period.
She wasn't convicted on capital murder, so the death penalty is off the table. Depending on if her murder conviction is determined to be a first or second degree felony she can be sentenced from 2-20 years or 5-99 years.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
Nonsense.

Her stories are about as wobbly as a rubber band.

Here's another link to an article with a little more details from the neighbors before the shooting.

Link:
Botham Jean neighbors: Amber Guyger was banging door, ‘let me in’
Then how did she get in?
Neighbors (per the linked article) reported that they heard her banging on the door, demanding to be let in. More details are needed, for instance, whether some reports are accurate and if she was possibly involved with the man she shot according to some reports, and if so, if she possibly had a key to his apt., and if he didn't answer the door fast enough (apparently, from the angles of both bullets, they were shot from "above" in a downward angle), she used her own key to come into the apt., and shot him as he was lying down.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She said that the door was unlocked and/or ajar.
Yup, but @brinny said, that people said, she was banging on the door yelling 'let me in'. If that were the case then he would have had to open the door for her in get in.
If it were ajar and she banged once it would open.
If she had a key she wouldn't need to be banging and yelling at the door.

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yup, but @brinny said, that people said, she was banging on the door yelling 'let me in'. If that were the case then he would have had to open the door for her in get in.
If it were ajar and she banged once it would open.
If she had a key she wouldn't need to be banging and yelling at the door.

The article i linked, according to the neighbors, reported hearing her banging and demanding to come in.

In addition, more details about the angle of the bullets shot into this man needs to be divulged.

This is a major "key" to this case, including why "two" shots were fired, amongst other details.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single