Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MEMPHIS, Oct. 4 (UPI) -- Police in Memphis said a man faces aggravated assault charges for allegedly shooting a teenager in the buttock when the teen refused to pull up his saggy pants.

Kenneth Bonds, 45, was charged Saturday with two counts of aggravated assault, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported Monday.
Police: Man shot teen over saggy pants - UPI.com

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
At first I was hoping this was someone who pulled out a nerf gun... maybe paintball gun... to get the kids to pull up their pants. But then I was disappointed to learn this guy had an actual gun he shot them with. Aren't gun laws supposed to read these guys out from the gun owning population?

Also, should he be charged with attempted murder? What about physical abuse of a child?

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I hate this saggy pants phenomenon as much as the next person, but that policemans reaction is a bit excessive.
The individual isn't a cop, according to the article. I do agree, that pulling a gun and shooting at teenagers because they won't listen to you is extremely excessive.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
The individual isn't a cop, according to the article. I do agree, that pulling a gun and shooting at teenagers because they won't listen to you is extremely excessive.

Doh! I just read the title of the thread and I read it as police man, rather then Police: Man .... :blush:

Reactions: Yusuf Evans
Upvote 0