Los Angeles Area
✟828,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The plot came to law enforcement's attention when a man contacted them to say someone had tried to recruit him to the plan. The man who reported the plot said he had previously tried to have DeWine removed from office by filing charges of tyranny against him, but that he was not interested in operating outside the law.

On October 22, a group gathered in front of the Ohio statehouse as a woman swore an oath of office and declared herself governor, according to Redick. He said he confirmed it was the same woman involved in the alleged kidnapping plot.

That's sedition.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The plot came to law enforcement's attention when a man contacted them to say someone had tried to recruit him to the plan. The man who reported the plot said he had previously tried to have DeWine removed from office by filing charges of tyranny against him, but that he was not interested in operating outside the law.

On October 22, a group gathered in front of the Ohio statehouse as a woman swore an oath of office and declared herself governor, according to Redick. He said he confirmed it was the same woman involved in the alleged kidnapping plot.

That's sedition.
That’s Quazy!

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

That's sedition.

Now that a Republican was targeted, will the Right actually take these threats seriously? I hope I’m wrong but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If anything good comes out if thus period of civil unrest maybe it would be that waaaaaaaaaaay too many people have way too many guns.
Be nonviolent. Use the tools at your disposal in our democracy.

Support court expansion. There isn't a federalist society judge out there who will care about your rights, so better work for balance fast.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now that a Republican was targeted, will the Right actually take these threats seriously? I hope I’m wrong but I doubt it.

Did they ever not take them seriousely? I mean what is it you want them to do to prove to you they do?

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If anything good comes out if thus period of civil unrest maybe it would be that waaaaaaaaaaay too many people have way too many guns.
Be nonviolent. Use the tools at your disposal in our democracy.

Support court expansion. There isn't a federalist society judge out there who will care about your rights, so better work for balance fast.
Yes you are correct, if we had good gun laws only the criminals and terrorists would have guns. Why not defund the police and then take away all the guns that law abiding citizens have. Sounds like a real good idea, RIGHT?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did they ever not take them seriousely? I mean what is it you want them to do to prove to you they do?

How about the President of the United States not mocking it and making out like it didn’t matter, while simultaneously firing up his base to attack the governor in question even more?

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: StromRider
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes you are correct, if we had good gun laws only the criminals and terrorists would have guns. Why not defund the police and then take away all the guns that law abiding citizens have. Sounds like a real good idea, RIGHT?
If we had good gun laws it would be much easier for law-abiding citizens to have guns than criminals and terrorists. That's the point of gun laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about the President of the United States not mocking it and making out like it didn’t matter, while simultaneously firing up his base to attack the governor in question even more?

Bring a full copy of your arguments sorce here so I can take a look and see if it means he does not take the plan in the OP seriousely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we had good gun laws it would be much easier for law-abiding citizens to have guns than criminals and terrorists. That's the point of gun laws.
Having laws that only restrict the options of legal gun owners is not going to do a thing about the criminals and terrorists, the point is that they do not obey any law that restricts them. Frankly I feel safer in places where almost everyone is likely packing a gun. A criminal or terrorist would be a fool to show up in those places, unless they want ten guns pointed at them for every one they had.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Having laws that only restrict the options of legal gun owners is not going to do a thing about the criminals and terrorists...
Correct. That's why I specified good gun laws.
...the point is that they do not obey any law that restricts them.
LOL! Do you think gun laws are supposed to magically enforce themselves?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Well then, the solution seem obvious, if people do not like the laws here move to another country.

That attitude is for if we had an authoritarian government. In this country if we don’t like a law, we have a right to work to try and change the law. If you don’t like that people can work to change laws you like, I suggest it is you that should leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well then, the solution seem obvious, if people do not like the laws here move to another country.
And you will do this ... how? By force of arms if necessary?

Sounds about right. I quite clearly remember a gun owning white supremecist telling me he would gladly shoot me if he had a chance merely because I wasn't white. That seems to be the motivation for a large percentage of "law abiding" gun owners.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well then, the solution seem obvious, if people do not like the laws...

...petition your elected representatives who make the laws on behalf of We The People.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Bring a full copy of your arguments sorce here so I can take a look and see if it means he does not take the plan in the OP seriousely.

Why, so you can suddenly agree he did something wrong, unlike the last 200 times we're done this dance?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why, so you can suddenly agree he did something wrong, unlike the last 200 times we're done this dance?

Show me those 200 times.

And if you couldn't stand behind your claim there was no need to make a second false claim, just admit you got nothing.

Upvote 0