rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,070.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Sure, but this particular woman was clearly not in any kind of back seat when she's up in front, teaching the lesson, responding to the question herself.

And she chose an ill-considered response and now she very well may have to face the consequences. I thought that was a pretty standard social justice principle (or, if you will, a plain justice principle, since it's not like it only applies to those who bring this social justice stuff into their workplaces, as this woman tried to do): "freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences". I don't really see any reason why this shouldn't also apply here.

I agree that the male officer was essentially being a pearl-clutcher, but who would say that this tactic hasn't worked over and over (and over!) for people espousing the very ideas that the female officer herself was trying to assert? To allude to Douglas Murray's recent book on how this sort of thing is ruining western societies, The Madness of Crowds, there comes a time when the majority simply stops seeing any compelling reason not to use the same tactics that have worked so well for others.

I'm not involved in any of this political stuff, but I worry that this may be happening.

I think your exactly right. The majority has taken the brunt of attacks for a while now and just lived with it. But now they are fighting back and using the same tactics they've endured for years. It's a sad state, but those that used those tactics in the past have brought it upon themselves. They are reaping the whirlwind.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,070.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Her reinstatement two years ago doesn't negate the larger question here.
It does call into question the choice of forums here - this forum is "Current Events", so an event two years in the past just doesn't seem current.

The claim against her wasn't dismissed. It was found to be true and she received disciplinary action for it.
Already noted. And?

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

this thread has been moved from
News & Current Events
to
The Kitchen Sink

as this article is from 2017.

Statement of Purpose - News & Current Events Forum Statement of Purpose

The News & Current Events forum is for all members to discuss newsworthy events that are currently taking place in the world. All news and current events must be documented or validated with a link to a credible online news source in the original post (OP).

Hat off

Upvote 0