United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
A Fundamentalist Christian is a born again believer in Lord Jesus Christ who:
  1. Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
Has this changed? Is this no longer the case? Do we still believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible? Do we believe that God is able to preserve and protect His Word down through the centuries of human existence? Do we still have a "more sure word of prophecy?" Do we still have "a double-edged sword?"

Have we succumbed to the view that all these things are true ONLY in the originals, and does not apply to the oldest English Bible in the English-speaking world?

I notice that this "fundamentalist" forum seems to be dying. I see very few posts and many of them are dating back to 2017. Have we lost our zeal? Do we believe that we have lost our purpose? Have we lost our way?

Is this forum worth reviving? As I understand it (and I am new here) that this forum is not open to anti-fundamentalist arguments.

So, the bottom line is, Fundamentalists? Do we STILL maintain an IMMOVABLE ALLEGIANCE to the Word of God, or have we allowed the correctors to win?

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Fundamentalist Christian is a born again believer in Lord Jesus Christ who:
  1. Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
Has this changed? Is this no longer the case? Do we still believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible? Do we believe that God is able to preserve and protect His Word down through the centuries of human existence? Do we still have a "more sure word of prophecy?" Do we still have "a double-edged sword?"

Have we succumbed to the view that all these things are true ONLY in the originals, and does not apply to the oldest English Bible in the English-speaking world?

I notice that this "fundamentalist" forum seems to be dying. I see very few posts and many of them are dating back to 2017. Have we lost our zeal? Do we believe that we have lost our purpose? Have we lost our way?

Is this forum worth reviving? As I understand it (and I am new here) that this forum is not open to anti-fundamentalist arguments.

So, the bottom line is, Fundamentalists? Do we STILL maintain an IMMOVABLE ALLEGIANCE to the Word of God, or have we allowed the correctors to win?
I don't know everything I need to know yet (I've only been a Christian since July) but I was drawn to the KJV strongly and I'll stick with it. As I'm still probably a "babe in Christ" I don't have the boldness I would like.

Time for honesty. I do feel like the KJV is THE legitimate English Bible. I also am sometimes not bold enough to state this though. I even feel something tugging me away from writing this reply

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Like all movements, Fundamentalism has enjoyed both successes and failures. The greatest failure may be in allowing Fundamentalism’s detractors define what it means to be a Fundamentalist. As a result, many people today see Fundamentalists as radical, snake-handling extremists who want to establish a state religion and force their beliefs on everyone else. This is far from the truth. Fundamentalists seek to guard the truth of Scripture and defend the Christian faith, which was “once for all entrusted to the saints” (Jude 1:3).

The church today is struggling in the postmodern, secular culture and needs people who are not ashamed to proclaim the gospel of Christ. Truth does not change, and adherence to the fundamental principles of doctrine is needful. These principles are the bedrock upon which Christianity stands, and, as Jesus taught, the house built upon the Rock will weather any storm

Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Like all movements, Fundamentalism has enjoyed both successes and failures. The greatest failure may be in allowing Fundamentalism’s detractors define what it means to be a Fundamentalist. As a result, many people today see Fundamentalists as radical, snake-handling extremists who want to establish a state religion and force their beliefs on everyone else. This is far from the truth. Fundamentalists seek to guard the truth of Scripture and defend the Christian faith, which was “once for all entrusted to the saints” (Jude 1:3).

The church today is struggling in the postmodern, secular culture and needs people who are not ashamed to proclaim the gospel of Christ. Truth does not change, and adherence to the fundamental principles of doctrine is needful. These principles are the bedrock upon which Christianity stands, and, as Jesus taught, the house built upon the Rock will weather any storm
Guardians of scripture... nicely put! Personally, I don't think fundamentalism will ever succumb because its purpose is imperative.

Upvote 0

ml5363

Jan 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟28,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started attending an independent fundamental baptist church three years ago . I can home to look to see what makes them different. Some of it was uhh ohh what did I get into.. point is online makes us look out there and barbaric... We are not

• Friendly
Reactions: JazzHands
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Fundamentalist Christian is a born again believer in Lord Jesus Christ who: Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible; Has this changed? Is this no longer the case? Do we still believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible? Do we believe that God is able to preserve and protect His Word down through the centuries of human existence? Do we STILL maintain an IMMOVABLE ALLEGIANCE to the Word of God, or have we allowed the correctors to win?

Even the liberal churches are actually stodgy right wing and fail to acknowledge the passage below:

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God's laws change with every new law in congress.

1 Peter 2:13-17
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Even the liberal churches are actually stodgy right wing and fail to acknowledge the passage below:

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.
I don't know if I'm allowed to contribute on this subject since I'm not a 'fundamentalist' by nature (that is, I'm a little bit 'free' in my interpretation of scripture) but I take authority to be 'innate' authority.. not 'prescribed' authority. I've seen plenty of examples of 'rulers' who seem utterly clueless to me, especially on theological matters but I've met humble clergy who practically ooze wisdom!

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You all speak encouraging words and perhaps we can bind together to make this forum a strong community for "like-minded" believers. And JazzHands, I see no reason why you can't come along for the ride. I don't see you as argumentative and maybe you'll find a reason to embrace some of our 'ways!' No pressure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Baptist, I'm touched by the gesture and you'll get no arguments from me (though I can be a feisty debater - be careful what you wish for! :p). Of course, I'm always along for the ride and I'll take all I can get from any source. There be gold in these here mines!!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Baptist, I'm touched by the gesture and you'll get no arguments from me (though I can be a feisty debater - be careful what you wish for! :p). Of course, I'm always along for the ride and I'll take all I can get from any source. There be gold in these here mines!!
Nah, We will have you converted in no time :p

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
JazzHands, I find it interesting that "debate" is listed in Romans 1 of reprobates . . .

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them" (Rom 1:28-32 KJV).

Now I am NOT calling you reprobate . . . it just seems strange to me that that particular word made the list. :)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
We need to be giving priority to God's word more than ever right now in this nation, Jesus is coming soon and foolish hearts are being darkened. Can I get an Amen???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to be giving priority to God's word more than ever right now in this nation, Jesus is coming soon and foolish hearts are being darkened. Can I get an Amen???
:amen:

Reactions: JazzHands
Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JazzHands, I find it interesting that "debate" is listed in Romans 1 of reprobates . . .

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them" (Rom 1:28-32 KJV).

Now I am NOT calling you reprobate . . . it just seems strange to me that that particular word made the list. :)
Wow.. your powers of recall are quite incredible! I keep missing my Dad's birthday! I grant you, that IS an interesting observation and I confess, I have no answer. I practically LIVE for debate.. I see it as stress testing! :p

Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Amen!!!

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
One of the major rubs against Fundametalism is that we tend to "shoot our wounded." Brethren, this thing ought not to be! We are all sinners saved by grace and not a one of us have arrived to the place in 1 Jo 3:2 where we are "like him", but we are simply in the process of becoming. I know some doctrinal views can be divisive, even among Bible believers, we in some cases we just have to agree to disagree. So long as it isn't an essential of the faith like the virgin birth.

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Absolutely AMEN! Jesus is coming soon, and I want to be found faithful, occupying till He comes!

Upvote 0