Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi elliewaves,

It's like fake news; only faker.

Yes, and there's another story that I circulated long ago about Donald Trump and a claim that some tiles in one of the bedrooms of Mar-a-Lago were hand painted by Walt Disney and even his butler called him on it.

In the early years, Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka slept in the same children’s suite that Dina Merrill, an actress and a daughter of Mrs. Post, occupied in the 1930s. Mr. Trump liked to tell guests that the nursery rhyme-themed tiles in the room were made by a young Walt Disney.

“You don’t like that, do you?” Mr. Trump would say when he caught Mr. Senecal rolling his eyes. The house historian would protest that it was not true.

“Who cares?” Mr. Trump would respond with a laugh.

The 'Mr. Senecal' referred to in the above account was Donald Trump's long serving butler.

This story comes from here: A King in His Castle: How Donald Trump Lives, From His Longtime Butler

The man wouldn't know or acknowledge the truth if it stood up and slapped him in the face and stuck toothpicks up his nasal passages and fingers in his ear. We have two accounts here where people called Donald Trump for flat out lying about his stuff and all he can say is, "Who cares?"

Unfortunately now he's the President of the United States and a lot of people care!

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi ROJ,

Ironic that this comes from someone who seems to hold honesty and integrity in high regard.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
When it matters, I do. In this case, I don't believe it matters. I'm not an art connoisseur, but I do know that some reproductions are valuable. I have three artist proofs in my home that I'm particularly proud of, but I have no need to brag about their value.
I think it shows that Trump likes to brag, and that sometimes it's not true what he brags about. I used to do that, too, until I figured out that what matters is what God thinks, not what everyone else thinks.
I don't care much about President Trump's personal life, much as I don't care about the personal lives of athletes, musicians, or other public figures.
I do believe that, when it comes to the country, Mr. Trump is self-less. He didn't need the job, he didn't need the attention (because he already had what he needed, there), he didn't need the pain. In this case, I think he's serving the country, and I think he's serving it better than Hillary Clinton, especially in light of what's been revealed this week by her own people, like Donna Brazil. He wasn't my first choice, and neither has any candidate been since Ronald Reagan. I believe there were better people to run the country. In fact, I boycotted Fox News for 6 months because of their biased Trump coverage.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it matters, I do. In this case, I don't believe it matters. I'm not an art connoisseur, but I do know that some reproductions are valuable. I have three artist proofs in my home that I'm particularly proud of, but I have no need to brag about their value.
I think it shows that Trump likes to brag, and that sometimes it's not true what he brags about. I used to do that, too, until I figured out that what matters is what God thinks, not what everyone else thinks.
I don't care much about President Trump's personal life, much as I don't care about the personal lives of athletes, musicians, or other public figures.
I do believe that, when it comes to the country, Mr. Trump is self-less. He didn't need the job, he didn't need the attention (because he already had what he needed, there), he didn't need the pain. In this case, I think he's serving the country, and I think he's serving it better than Hillary Clinton, especially in light of what's been revealed this week by her own people, like Donna Brazil. He wasn't my first choice, and neither has any candidate been since Ronald Reagan. I believe there were better people to run the country. In fact, I boycotted Fox News for 6 months because of their biased Trump coverage.

Hi ROJ,

So you think the issue is about the art? I'd be untruthful if I were to say that I agreed with you about his not 'needing' the attention. That's the basic foundation of narcissistic personality. I doubt, since he obviously didn't seem to understand the job of being the president, that he even thought to weigh the issue of pain. I honestly doubt that Donald Trump would classify his trials in this endeavor as pain. He likely just sees it as the price and struggle that one must endure to be what he thinks of as a 'winner'. Whether he actually is better or worse for the overall well-being of our nation than Mrs. Clinton, will never be known. That's the problem often with making choices, once a choice is made, we don't always get to see how things would have worked out if we'd made the other choice.

Like I said, I just found it a touch ironic that a man who, at least based on his screen identity, proclaiming the importance of honesty and integrity, would think that lying about anything, especially inconsequential things for which there really isn't any gain to be had, as not important. But then when I read your response in which you thought my post was actually about the actual art and not the nature of the man, then I understood what was happening here.

BTW, just curious, but did you quite bragging about inconsequential things after you turned 70?

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi ROJ,

So you think the issue is about the art?
No, but who really knows how valuable the piece is? It's in the eye of the beholder, just as I'm proud of having those pieces I have on the wall.
I'd be untruthful if I were to say that I agreed with you about his not 'needing' the attention. That's the basic foundation of narcissistic personality.
I don't know that we're qualified to say he's a narcissist. He's a public figure, just as much as any actor, athlete, or musician, to me. They all crave the spotlight. Politicians seem to, as well.
I doubt, since he obviously didn't seem to understand the job of being the president,
as if anyone who gets to be president of the United States understands the job until he gets there???
that he even thought to weigh the issue of pain. I honestly doubt that Donald Trump would classify his trials in this endeavor as pain. He likely just sees it as the price and struggle that one must endure to be what he thinks of as a 'winner'.
Or whether it's the price and struggle it takes to make America great again?
Whether he actually is better or worse for the overall well-being of our nation than Mrs. Clinton, will never be known.
I believe we know, especially in light of the news the last couple weeks.
That's the problem often with making choices, once a choice is made, we don't always get to see how things would have worked out if we'd made the other choice.
True enough.
Like I said, I just found it a touch ironic that a man who, at least based on his screen identity, proclaiming the importance of honesty and integrity, would think that lying about anything, especially inconsequential things for which there really isn't any gain to be had, as not important. But then when I read your response in which you thought my post was actually about the actual art and not the nature of the man, then I understood what was happening here.

BTW, just curious, but did you quite bragging about inconsequential things after you turned 70?

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
I haven't turned 70 yet, and most of the things of this world are inconsequential. I watch, but I try not to get sucked in.

Regarding lying, or self-aggrandizement, is it really lying? I believe lies have to be consequential, as in withholding information one needs to get something done. So if I sign a credit card app with the understanding that the rate is 6% and my bill comes back and it's 12% that's a lie. Yesterday, my wife was in Sears, and there was a 50% off rack. She really liked a shirt, took it to the counter, the cashier said "It's only 30% off". and she returned it.

I believe that Donald Trump honestly wants to fix what's wrong with America, and not for his own benefit. I don't believe that Hillary Clinton was interested in America very much. FWIW, I don't think there are many honest politicians above the level of dog catcher. So it's really the degree of lying we're talking about when it comes to the government. But the Hillary Clinton thing is really bad, as government scandals go.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure Mueller will expand the investigation to this most egregious chicanery.

Hi redleghunter,

It amazes me that you don't get the point. I don't care that the painting in question is a fake or not. I don't care if the tiles in that bedroom were painted by Disney or not. The point is the nature of the man who feels that it is so very, very important to his ego, that he tell these grandiose lies to build himself up in his own mind.

That this man feels it is of the utmost importance that everyone recognizes that he had the largest inaugural crowd, despite the clear fact that he didn't. That he somehow feels it important to tell a group that he's speaking to that there are right now people lined up around the block to get in to hear him speak, and it just ain't so. Everything that he does and everything that he says must be presented to people in a way that proves that he's the best. He's the baddest. He's the richest. He's the smartest. He's the most powerful, etc.

And what really amazes me is that seemingly christian men and women forcefully support with all their heart this man who must always and constantly be bragging about himself. Who must always and regularly cut others down in order that they're low enough for him to climb up on their backs and proclaim his greatness before all men. I honestly just don't get that.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi redleghunter,

It amazes me that you don't get the point. I don't care that the painting in question is a fake or not. I don't care if the tiles in that bedroom were painted by Disney or not. The point is the nature of the man who feels that it is so very, very important to his ego, that he tell these grandiose lies to build himself up in his own mind.

That this man feels it is of the utmost importance that everyone recognizes that he had the largest inaugural crowd, despite the clear fact that he didn't. That he somehow feels it important to tell a group that he's speaking to that there are right now people lined up around the block to get in to hear him speak, and it just ain't so. Everything that he does and everything that he says must be presented to people in a way that proves that he's the best. He's the baddest. He's the richest. He's the smartest. He's the most powerful, etc.

And what really amazes me is that seemingly christian men and women forcefully support with all their heart this man who must always and constantly be bragging about himself. Who must always and regularly cut others down in order that they're low enough for him to climb up on their backs and proclaim his greatness before all men. I honestly just don't get that.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
If people who aspire to the highest level of power shock you with their hubris and arrogance, then perhaps you are new to politics.

Trump and Obama are big into themselves. That much is clear.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If people who aspire to the highest level of power shock you with their hubris and arrogance, then perhaps you are new to politics.

Trump and Obama are big into themselves. That much is clear.

Hi redleghunter,

Yes, that's probably it. I'm just naive.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0