✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Great series!

We've discussed Fr. Seraphim's podcasts on here before. Have you listened to the ones on Confession? The ones on prayer ARE very good, but I think those are even better.

He's one of my favorite podcasters. I usually listen to his at least 3x to get all I can out of them. He's also pretty insightful and good at answering email, though I know he's terribly busy with fundraising for the monastery, working on the Church, and right now leading a pilgrimage group. I've had one or two difficult questions on prayer that weren't finding answers elsewhere, and he doesn't mind telling it like it is. I've felt chastised a bit, but very grateful for it. I only wish I knew him well in person, instead of just through FB and email.

I don't think he wants the job, but if he ever becomes an Abbott, I think he will be a good one.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxPhoebe

Jun 12, 2016
California
✟8,441.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Great series!

We've discussed Fr. Seraphim's podcasts on here before. Have you listened to the ones on Confession? The ones on prayer ARE very good, but I think those are even better.

He's one of my favorite podcasters. I usually listen to his at least 3x to get all I can out of them. He's also pretty insightful and good at answering email, though I know he's terribly busy with fundraising for the monastery, working on the Church, and right now leading a pilgrimage group. I've had one or two difficult questions on prayer that weren't finding answers elsewhere, and he doesn't mind telling it like it is. I've felt chastised a bit, but very grateful for it. I only wish I knew him well in person, instead of just through FB and email.

I don't think he wants the job, but if he ever becomes an Abbott, I think he will be a good one.

Yes, I have listened to all of them. I enjoy his insights. I would love to see the monastery in Scotland when it is finished.

Upvote 0