Plz can someone explain what happens to Christians? ie post trib etc?

judge2

Nov 25, 2016
UK
✟10,488.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,
Please can someone explain to me what happens to Christians in all the below theologies (please list any I have missed out) before Christ returns? and if there will be any degree of protection for them from God if things are very bad on earth just before Jesus returns? Also which of the below does not include any rapture? And those who believe the Millennial has already begun, how do they know when it started as its only suppose to last 1 thousand years right?

1. Post trib premillennialism
  2. pre-trib (dispensational) Premillennialism (I know Christians are suppose to be raptured and removed so no need to comment on this one?
  3. Mid Trib
  4. Postmillennialism
  5. Amillennialism

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,
Please can someone explain to me what happens to Christians in all the below theologies (please list any I have missed out) before Christ returns? and if there will be any degree of protection for them from God if things are very bad on earth just before Jesus returns? Also which of the below does not include any rapture? And those who believe the Millennial has already begun, how do they know when it started as its only suppose to last 1 thousand years right?

2. pre-trib (dispensational) Premillennialism (I know Christians are suppose to be raptured and removed so no need to comment on this one?
  3. Mid Trib
  4. Postmillennialism
  5. Amillennialism

I am, as is Christianity, "amillennialist". The idea of a one thousand year reign of Christ at some future point hasn't been a part of Christianity since the Council of Nicea. The Nicene Creed was amended to include "whose kingdom shall have no end" to dispel the idea.

The idea revived itself among some Protestant groups over the last several hundred years in various forms. Most of them center on a seven year period of tribulation at some future date. The most recent idea is that believers will be "raptured" prior to that period and not suffer any of its tribulations, a thing completely foreign to Christianity.

The "millennium" is a time of indeterminate length that no one can say when it began. As Jesus said at Luke 17:20, "the kingdom of God does not come with observation".

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

3. Mid Trib
  4. Postmillennialism
  5. Amillennialism
None of the five 'ism's' you list will be what the Lord has planned for our future.
We Christians will experience all that is prophesied for the end times. We must endure until the end. Matthew 24:13, Revelation 14:12
But there will be some faithful people who will be taken to a place of safety on earth for the 42 month time of Anti-Christ world control.

Then when Jesus Returns, He will gather His people and they will be His priests and co-rulers for the Millennium. Revelation 5:9-10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

3. Mid Trib
  4. Postmillennialism
  5. Amillennialism

Pretrib Paradox by a former Pretrib believer:

A description of the gathering of the Church is found at the end of 1 Thessalonians chapter 4, and the timing of the event is found in chapter 5.

Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

3. Mid Trib
  4. Postmillennialism
  5. Amillennialism
something something pre-wrath so post mid-trib but pre-wrath of God , Millenial
not that I support it its just that this idea exist

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was Pretrib Premil, then Posttrib Premil. I am now Posttrib Amil. When Jesus comes that is it! It is the end. We are into eternity. Sheep are put on His right hand, the goats on His left hand. Caught up or caught on.

Daniel 9 is now fulfilled, so is much of Matthew 24 and the great tribulation. We are currently in Revelation 20.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0