Pledging more support for "transgender kids", Girl Scouts reconsider membership...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,649,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...for seven-year-old Colorado boy who "likes girl stuff"

Boy wanting to join Girl Scouts told 'no'

DENVER - Everyone has their favorite toys, no matter what age they are. For 7-year-old Bobby Montoya, it's Brats, Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake.
"I like girl stuff," Bobby said.

Bobby is a 7-year-old boy. His mother refers to him as a "he," but Bobby dresses and behaves like a girl.

"Bobby identifies as a girl, and he's a boy," Felisha Archuleta, Bobby's mom, said. "He's been doing this since he was about 2 years old. He's loved girl stuff, so we just let him dress how he wants, as long as he's happy."

Bobby is happy most of the time. But he says, sometimes in school, being a boy and dressing like a girl occasionally is tough. He's been bullied.
"It's hurting my heart," Bobby said. "It hurts me and my mom both."

Recently, Archuleta wanted to sign Bobby up for Girl Scouts. His older sister did it, and Bobby really wanted to join. Archuleta told 9NEWS when she brought Bobby to register, a troop leader told her Bobby couldn't join.

"I said, 'Well, what's the big deal?' She said 'It doesn't matter how he looks, he has boy parts, he can't be in Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts don't allow that [and] I don't want to be in trouble by parents or my supervisor,'" Archuleta told 9NEWS.

Continued-
Pledging more support for "transgender kids", Girl Scouts reconsider membership for seven-year-old Colorado boy who "likes girl stuff"...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,649,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

When the Roman Catholic Church defends God's Creation, "it does not only defend the earth, water and the air... but (it) also protects man from his own destruction," he said.

"Rainforests deserve, yes, our protection, but the human being ... does not deserve it less," the pontiff said.

It is not "out-of-date metaphysics" to "speak of human nature as 'man' or woman'", he told scores of prelates gathered in the Vatican's sumptuous Clementine Hall.

"We need something like human ecology, meant in the right way."
The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage. It teaches that while homosexuality is not sinful, homosexual acts are.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,649,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah...^_^ but remember, if you disagree with a point of view...even if it is faith based, then you are violent. Hate filled, bigoted, etc.

It is only when you agree or condone that you are considered reasonable & full of love.

Regardless of the teaching of the Church.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently not long, they accepted the boy in.

Good grief.

That is terrible.

A couple of years ago we pulled our daughter out of girl scouts because they are not as they used to be. More like a barbie gathering. But, we are fortunate that our church offers a group for girls called "Little Flowers" and 'that' has been working out awesomely.

But for a girl group to now change so dramatically so as to accept a cross dressing boy... insanity IMO.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟437,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Didnt the boy scouts refuse to yield to pressure when that one girl wanted in?
I thot they refused...and stood by their guns.

Its ridiculous....absolutely.

Girls and boys are just that - girls and boys.
Why does this world have blur them ?

O yah, thats right. The father of this world does everything possible to distort humans....as a means to an end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
WA,

Some sociologists distinguish between sex and gender, saying the sex is biological while gender is socially constructed. That may have merit... but I think they make a mistake when they separate society (and by extention social construction) from reality - as if society was arbitrary or meaningless. The boy in the news story could be better served by pediatric therapy that can help him be comfortable with his body. It doesn't have to make him a sports-loving rough-and-though kid, but just help him be happy that he's a boy.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟437,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WA,

Some sociologists distinguish between sex and gender, saying the sex is biological while gender is socially constructed. That may have merit... but I think they make a mistake when they separate society (and by extention social construction) from reality - as if society was arbitrary or meaningless. The boy in the news story could be better served by pediatric therapy that can help him be comfortable with his body. It doesn't have to make him a sports-loving rough-and-though kid, but just help him be happy that he's a boy.

I agree the 'experts' could truly help by getting people comfortable with who they are.
Not the new social norms that dictate.

Gender is indeed a personality determination.
On average - with some few exceptions of maybe 0.0009% world wide - some get off the norm - most babies and toddlers are attracted to what their gender is prone to.

Kids on average desire what the norm is in gender activities and not because the norm presents it as such, but because the presentation comes from what is desired from the norm.

I have a few a kids. My boys always tended to be attracted to cars, robots, race track sets, toy guns, and pretend soldier items. Including Power Rangers, the Hulk, Spider man..etc
I didnt ask them to enjoy these things, they just did and as young as 2 or 3 jumped up and down trying to reach for said items in the store.

My daughter was attracted to pretty things like tiaras, dolls, pretend dress skirts, the color pink, toy heels, and big play chunky jewels.
I didnt ask her to want these, she reached out for them in the stores.

None of my children sought after the opposite genders 'ideas' of toys.
They would actually whine if they were 'stuck' in an aisle they had no interest in.

The 'experts' are trying to make us believe these things arent natural and that parents are chosing what kids like. That's pretty much false.

Watch kids - even if a boy picked up a girl toy - they throw it down immediately after inspecting it. More than likely to figure out why the other 'kid' [a girl] liked it.
Same for girls... they just dont have the interest. Only in the minority of cases does a mishap or oddity occur.

It goes bacl to denying God and Him Being the Creator of male and female and giving us different attributes.
So long as society denies God, they will perpetrate unnatural hypothesis and call it researched or expert opinion.

When all it really is - is personal preference to change the way society works to further deny dignity of humanity and differences in the genders.
FOR IF they can do this - they can successfully argue there is no God and He didnt create us to BE different.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,649,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Our society, unfortunately, operates on the assumption that we are not created but are simply cosmic accidents; that “male” and “female” are social constructs that can be used or discarded at will; and if there is a God at all, we are that God. And as such, we can decide not only what is right and wrong, but whether we are male or female, “transgendered,” “gender-non-conformists,” you name it. Read More »

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Much of gender, including stereotypical "girl things" and "boy things," are a cultural construct. What it means to be masculine/feminine can differ greatly between societies. Everything from style of dress to gender roles can be different. The double standards when it comes to men/women in the West are interesting, and I wonder how long it will take before those double standards disappear completely.

But it is clear that almost all (but certainly not all) people fall into either the category of male or female. Boy scouts is for boys, girl scouts is for girls. As a private organization, they can certainly do what they want. But it does seem odd they would just accept a boy into it. At that point, can they really make a good argument for denying any other boy membership?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the best solution would be to eliminate Boy and Girl Scouts altogether and simply have the Scouts. We all live together regardless of gender so wouldn't it be beneficial to teach kids gender cooperation as early as possible?

Upvote 0