• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Pledging more support for "transgender kids", Girl Scouts reconsider membership...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+22,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    ...for seven-year-old Colorado boy who "likes girl stuff"

Boy wanting to join Girl Scouts told 'no'

DENVER - Everyone has their favorite toys, no matter what age they are. For 7-year-old Bobby Montoya, it's Brats, Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake.
    "I like girl stuff," Bobby said.

Bobby is a 7-year-old boy. His mother refers to him as a "he," but Bobby dresses and behaves like a girl.

"Bobby identifies as a girl, and he's a boy," Felisha Archuleta, Bobby's mom, said. "He's been doing this since he was about 2 years old. He's loved girl stuff, so we just let him dress how he wants, as long as he's happy."

Bobby is happy most of the time. But he says, sometimes in school, being a boy and dressing like a girl occasionally is tough. He's been bullied.
    "It's hurting my heart," Bobby said. "It hurts me and my mom both."

Continued-
    Pledging more support for "transgender kids", Girl Scouts reconsider membership for seven-year-old Colorado boy who "likes girl stuff"...

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
  3. Eastern Drifter

Eastern Drifter Senior Member

+39
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Nothing inherently wrong with a boy liking girl things, but this is going a little far.

4. Michie

+22,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the article:

5. Angeldove97

Angeldove97 In the Lord, my labor is not in vain Supporter

+1,922
    United States
    Traditional. Cath.
    Married
    Ya, let's see how long Girl Scouts can keep boys out. Give me a break....

6. WarriorAngel

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    Apparently not long, they accepted the boy in.

Good grief.

7. ivebeenshown

ivebeenshown Expert invisible poster and thread killer

+543
    Catholic
    Married
    :scratch:

8. Michie

+22,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah...^_^ but remember, if you disagree with a point of view...even if it is faith based, then you are violent. Hate filled, bigoted, etc.

It is only when you agree or condone that you are considered reasonable & full of love.

Regardless of the teaching of the Church.

9. JacktheCatholic

JacktheCatholic Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.

+2,258
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    That is terrible.

A couple of years ago we pulled our daughter out of girl scouts because they are not as they used to be. More like a barbie gathering. But, we are fortunate that our church offers a group for girls called "Little Flowers" and 'that' has been working out awesomely.

But for a girl group to now change so dramatically so as to accept a cross dressing boy... insanity IMO.

10. WarriorAngel

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    Didnt the boy scouts refuse to yield to pressure when that one girl wanted in?
    I thot they refused...and stood by their guns.

Its ridiculous....absolutely.

Girls and boys are just that - girls and boys.
    Why does this world have blur them ?

O yah, thats right. The father of this world does everything possible to distort humans....as a means to an end.

11. judechild

judechild Catholic Socratic

+165
    Catholic
    WA,

Some sociologists distinguish between sex and gender, saying the sex is biological while gender is socially constructed. That may have merit... but I think they make a mistake when they separate society (and by extention social construction) from reality - as if society was arbitrary or meaningless. The boy in the news story could be better served by pediatric therapy that can help him be comfortable with his body. It doesn't have to make him a sports-loving rough-and-though kid, but just help him be happy that he's a boy.

12. WarriorAngel

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    I agree the 'experts' could truly help by getting people comfortable with who they are.
    Not the new social norms that dictate.

Gender is indeed a personality determination.
    On average - with some few exceptions of maybe 0.0009% world wide - some get off the norm - most babies and toddlers are attracted to what their gender is prone to.

Kids on average desire what the norm is in gender activities and not because the norm presents it as such, but because the presentation comes from what is desired from the norm.

I have a few a kids. My boys always tended to be attracted to cars, robots, race track sets, toy guns, and pretend soldier items. Including Power Rangers, the Hulk, Spider man..etc
    I didnt ask them to enjoy these things, they just did and as young as 2 or 3 jumped up and down trying to reach for said items in the store.

My daughter was attracted to pretty things like tiaras, dolls, pretend dress skirts, the color pink, toy heels, and big play chunky jewels.
    I didnt ask her to want these, she reached out for them in the stores.

None of my children sought after the opposite genders 'ideas' of toys.
    They would actually whine if they were 'stuck' in an aisle they had no interest in.

The 'experts' are trying to make us believe these things arent natural and that parents are chosing what kids like. That's pretty much false.

Watch kids - even if a boy picked up a girl toy - they throw it down immediately after inspecting it. More than likely to figure out why the other 'kid' [a girl] liked it.
    Same for girls... they just dont have the interest. Only in the minority of cases does a mishap or oddity occur.

It goes bacl to denying God and Him Being the Creator of male and female and giving us different attributes.
    So long as society denies God, they will perpetrate unnatural hypothesis and call it researched or expert opinion.

When all it really is - is personal preference to change the way society works to further deny dignity of humanity and differences in the genders.
    FOR IF they can do this - they can successfully argue there is no God and He didnt create us to BE different.

13. Michie

+22,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  14. Michie

+22,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

Our society, unfortunately, operates on the assumption that we are not created but are simply cosmic accidents; that “male” and “female” are social constructs that can be used or discarded at will; and if there is a God at all, we are that God. And as such, we can decide not only what is right and wrong, but whether we are male or female, “transgendered,” “gender-non-conformists,” you name it. Read More »

15. SonOfTheWest

SonOfTheWest Britpack

+56
    Agnostic
    Private
    UK-Labour
    Reminds me of Kim Petras. Though I doubt the States will handle it as well as Germany did.

16. Dark_Lite

Dark_Lite Chewbacha

+889
    Catholic
    Single
    Much of gender, including stereotypical "girl things" and "boy things," are a cultural construct. What it means to be masculine/feminine can differ greatly between societies. Everything from style of dress to gender roles can be different. The double standards when it comes to men/women in the West are interesting, and I wonder how long it will take before those double standards disappear completely.

But it is clear that almost all (but certainly not all) people fall into either the category of male or female. Boy scouts is for boys, girl scouts is for girls. As a private organization, they can certainly do what they want. But it does seem odd they would just accept a boy into it. At that point, can they really make a good argument for denying any other boy membership?

17. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+2,966
    Catholic
    Private
  18. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+2,966
    Catholic
    Private
    more progressive than the boys scouts i mean.

19. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I think the best solution would be to eliminate Boy and Girl Scouts altogether and simply have the Scouts. We all live together regardless of gender so wouldn't it be beneficial to teach kids gender cooperation as early as possible?

20. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+2,966
    Catholic
    Private
    good luck getting the boy scouts on board with that.