Charlotte
✟10,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing how the term "The Lord's Day" took off. I don't have time to document it now, but it happened very early in Christianity that it was hijacked to mean Sunday. Tone references above that there is really only one use of the term in the Bible and that is Rev. 1:10, yet 99% of Christianity would answer "Sunday" to the question of what day the "Lord's Day" is.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing how the term "The Lord's Day" took off. I don't have time to document it now, but it happened very early in Christianity that it was hijacked to mean Sunday. Tone references above that there is really only one use of the term in the Bible and that is Rev. 1:10, yet 99% of Christianity would answer "Sunday" to the question of what day the "Lord's Day" is.
interesting point. thanks for that.

Upvote 0

BibleDisciple

Aug 30, 2020
Charlotte
✟10,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking at the results, most people voted for Sunday with the same minority voting Saturday and "other" (not a day of the week).

I believe that the "Lord's Day" is the same term used elsewhere in the Bible as the "Day of the Lord", which is the time of God's intervention. The purpose of the post was to discuss the correct day of worship, but I really don't think that Rev 1:10 is talking about a day of the week, whether it be a day of worship, the day our savior was resurrected, or both.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Looking at the results, most people voted for Sunday with the same minority voting Saturday and "other" (not a day of the week).

I believe that the "Lord's Day" is the same term used elsewhere in the Bible as the "Day of the Lord", which is the time of God's intervention. The purpose of the post was to discuss the correct day of worship, but I really don't think that Rev 1:10 is talking about a day of the week, whether it be a day of worship, the day our savior was resurrected, or both.

"The Holy Day of the Lord" - Isaiah 58
13 “If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot
From doing your own pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable,
And honor it, desisting from your own ways,
From seeking your own pleasure
And speaking your own word,

The reverse of that would be "the Day of the Lord" which is a reference to an age in history future to the time of John according to 2 Peter 3.

Upvote 0