Please share your experiences on hearing God's voice

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I like it :)

That is how you pick up the Lord. He comes across with thoughts, which we might say enter our mind or we might say entered our hearts. It often seems those thoughts from Him actually tend to effect more out heart than our mind, but they are thought which we associate with our mind.

Well friend your post here I take as the Lord just confirming something my wife and I were talking about today and that is what does it mean to hear from God. Many are looking for the spectacular.....a vision, or seeing and angel or hearing the audible voice of God. I was saying earlier today it's probably more like this most of the time how God works.....you worship God and create the spiritual atmosphere and tone for your day.....You thank Jesus and the Holy Spirit that they're in you and that I have wisdom, revelation and insight of God coming to me from him every moment of the day Eph 1:17

.....and then we can many times trust the thoughts we basically find ourselves having more times than not....are actually the thoughts of God. Christ is in us, and we have therefore the mind of Christ.....1 Cor 2:16, Col 1:27 so revelation from God doesn't have to be in hearing a voice. Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he'll give us the desires of our heart." Maybe an interesting way of considering this is the desires you many times find in your heart have been placed their by God.

If He can both pick up a thought from my mind and also put a thought into my mind, then I must be able to have conversations with Him. He is not rude is He, so as to not listen and talk to me, right?

I'm really, really, really trying to practise the presence of God in my life. Meaning theologically I know that God is with me and in me BUT ACT in such a way that I believe it. I've been trying to make a point every moment of the day to act just like God is in the room with me. And we know it's greater than that! He's not just with us but IN US. The other day driving the car my wife and I were saying, "Well God, Jesus is with us here. Now imagine he's in the back seat and we never talk to him! That'd be so rude!" So I said we don't want to be rude so let's talk to him so we'd practise it, and guess what....lol.....he really is talking back through so many confirmation things!

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well friend your post here I take as the Lord just confirming something my wife and I were talking about today and that is what does it mean to hear from God. Many are looking for the spectacular.....a vision, or seeing and angel or hearing the audible voice of God. I was saying earlier today it's probably more like this most of the time how God works.....you worship God and create the spiritual atmosphere and tone for your day.....You thank Jesus and the Holy Spirit that they're in you and that I have wisdom, revelation and insight of God coming to me from him every moment of the day Eph 1:17

.....and then we can many times trust the thoughts we basically find ourselves having more times than not....are actually the thoughts of God. Christ is in us, and we have therefore the mind of Christ.....1 Cor 2:16, Col 1:27 so revelation from God doesn't have to be in hearing a voice. Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he'll give us the desires of our heart." Maybe an interesting way of considering this is the desires you many times find in your heart have been placed their by God.

I'm really, really, really trying to practise the presence of God in my life. Meaning theologically I know that God is with me and in me BUT ACT in such a way that I believe it. I've been trying to make a point every moment of the day to act just like God is in the room with me. And we know it's greater than that! He's not just with us but IN US. The other day driving the car my wife and I were saying, "Well God, Jesus is with us here. Now imagine he's in the back seat and we never talk to him! That'd be so rude!" So I said we don't want to be rude so let's talk to him so we'd practice it, and guess what....lol.....he really is talking back through so many confirmation things!

Yes - that is the conclusion we should have from being Christian's (those trying to follow Jesus Christ like the Bible explains) and we indeed find "he really is talking back through so many confirmation things!" as Bobber posted.

Yesterday, while seeking the Lord, I picked up the following in my spirit: "If faith comes from hearing and hearing by a word from Christ, then living by faith comes by hearing Jesus Christ.

The reference was obviously do to Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

And we also read verses like Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE [DISAPPOINTED.”

Bobber has testified to above: That when we seek Him by faith we find ".he really is talking back through so many confirmation things!"

Still, as we continue to seek He tends to stretch us and challenges us to believe more and He also sheds light onto the other things in the spiritual realm, which include the Kingdom of God and those against it. So you will, at some point, come across angels and demons (good and evil) Never-the-less are asked to seek Jesus Christ and listen. The more we do it the more we get reason to believe - so faith does come by hearing, just like written.

The Lord asked me to work in a healing ministry for Him for about five years. I learned more and had my faith increase more during that time. Probably the biggest reason for that was that working in the ministry "required" seeking the voice of the Lord. Indeed, we were required to take a paper the person we were about to pray for which was folded in half so you could see anything written in it, then ask the Lord for a word, vision, or something for the person about to be prayed for. We had to write it down and ask the person if it meant something to them?

It was amazing how often what we got turned out to really effect the person, and it didn't have to mean anything to you. In fact we told those training in the ministry that we should never think we knew what it meant. We were required to ask if it meant anything to the person, so as to not get in the Lord's way. I have seen things so extremely accurate that it was incredibly amazing, but you would not have known until the person coming in told you. It can also be, and often was so, that it seemed to not mean anything importance but just blew the person away.

For example: once someone I worked with got the words "Bow and arrows". The worker (who was new to us) heard it from the Lord and didn't want to write it down. Still we did, because who knows and who believes? As we got going it didn't mean to make sense. The person coming in was thinking about going into some different things in their life, and want help clarifying what they should do. There were three things being considered, and I forget what two of the three were. They were something like working in an office. Yet the third thing was making bow and arrows and selling them for money.

It stunned both the new helper and the person coming in, and even me too. God is real. He really does speak to us. That was of course was one of the more interesting things we got and so don't think it is normally that incredible, but you will indeed find that "he really is talking back through so many confirmation things!" as Bobber posted.

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thoughts and ideas come into my mind at the most random of times, I believe that's God communicating with me, or sometimes I get a feeling to give someone one something, you know that inkling feeling that you get? Growing up I had an inner awareness of what was right and wrong with an inclination to do right, but sometimes I would do the wrong thing knowingly, I believe God' is that inkling feeling in us, that intuition.

Have you ever experienced having a thought, or idea pop into your head, or come across your mind? I believe God speaks to us like that. He speaks in many ways but this is the most personal. It's like radio waves and he's very gentle and subtle. he's like a mainframe and we are connected to him, messages and thoughts get uploaded and downloaded into us all the time. Sometimes we get gifts and opportunities in the form of thoughts and ideas from him miraculously. Don't miss it, write it down or text it to yourself. As well, when we pray we speak to God, prayers are a conversation, ask a question and wait' .. be silent, listen, wait for that subtle thought or idea to pop into your mind, or good feeling that overcomes you. Yes sometimes we get bad thoughts, that's not of God, that's from the other side, remove them and do not entertain them. Sometimes teenagers choose not to listen and miss their Father's message, ... So are we sometimes.

You are right about how He speaks to us in many ways. I try to be sensitive to His voice but sometimes I get oversensitive and convince myself I'm hearing what I want to. Or I get so caught up in myself or culture that I don't heed warnings.

I want to share a specific event along the lines about hearing from the Lord. There was one time I heard 4 words ring/blast/shake in my head. I knew that I knew that Voice could shake the entire earth. I had to stoop over from the impact. Then I got on my knees. Maybe my hands and knees --can't remember but it was real.

**I want to add the voice was not a shout but firm. It stated a firm fact with fathomless depth--earthshaking and earth making depth. It had the power to tear me and everthing apart. I could feel it with just those 4 words.**

So, it was the answer to a personal matter I was confused about. The personal matter was linked to a past tragedy and I wasn't handling it well/thinking clearly.

The crazy thing is I still went on to not listen. Not so smart right?I caused myself a lot of grief and embarrassment by not listening to His voice because He was right all along. I just didn't trust. It wasn't my preferred answer.

(Not to justify my behavior but more to explain why God might have been extra communicative at that time- my hubby was halfway through a remote 1-year tour overseas, I was sick, and there were tensions at our new church. Plus, my kids and I lived far from family.)

On a positive note, I praise Him for doing that. Though I didn't listen He knew what a sensitive situation I was in and went above the norm (at least for me) to help me try and avoid more pain.

The voice thing only happened once in my life. I don't think I could take that again. But mostly God's voice is like what you mentioned for me. Though I think I get bits of the discerning spirits stuff sometimes through the Holy Spirit --maybe--if that counts as communication. But God's voice is mostly like you said. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right about how He speaks to us in many ways. I try to be sensitive to His voice but sometimes I get oversensitive and convince myself I'm hearing what I want to. Or I get so caught up in myself or culture that I don't heed warnings.

I want to share a specific event along the lines about hearing from the Lord. There was one time I heard 4 words ring/blast/shake in my head. I knew that I knew that Voice could shake the entire earth. I had to stoop over from the impact. . Then I got on my knees. Maybe my hands and knees --can't remember but it was real.

**I want to add the voice was not a shout but firm. It stated a firm fact with phathmless depth--earthskaking and earth making depth. It had the power to tear me and everthing apart. I could feel it with just those 4 words.**

So, it was the answer to a personal matter I was confused about. The personal matter was linked to a past tragedy and I wasn't handling it well/thinking clearly.

Crazy thing is I still went on to not listen. Not so smart right?I caused myself a lot of grief and embarrassment by not listening to His voice because He was right all along. I just didnt trust. It wasn't my preferred answer.

(Not to justify my behavior but more to explain why God might have been extra communicative at that time- my hubby was halfway through a remote 1 year tour overseas, I was sick, and there were tensions at our new church. Plus, my kids and I lived far from family.)

On a positive note, I praise Him for doing that. Though I didn't listen He knew what a sensitive situation I was in and went above the norm (at least for me) to help me try and avoid more pain.

The voice thing only happened once in my life. I don't think I could take that again. But mostly Gods voice is like what you mentioned for me. Though I think I get bits of the discerning spirits stuff sometimes through the Holy Spirit --maybe--if that counts as communication. But God's voice is mostly like you said. Thanks for sharing!

Does the Lord speak to us in many ways or communicate with us in many ways?

I admit that this can just be a case of semantics, but there is something very important to understand here and it is not just semantics.

The Lord communicates with people in many ways. For example: He had the Scriptures written. Is reading the Scriptures the same and hearing the Lord speak to you?

Jn 5:38,39 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent. “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

In the above 2 verses we see a group of people who did not have His word abiding in them, yet they were searching through the Scriptures! So God does not speak to us via the Scriptures though He clearly has a message in the Scriptures. That message is that we need to seek Him and His words to us personally.

So saying that God speaks to us in many ways can lead a person away from Christ!!!!!

I can begin to count the number of times I asked a person about hearing from the Lord and they told me that He speaks to them through the Scriptures! Indeed, since knowing the Lord He has so many times had me talking to Jehovah Witnesses because of this exact problem, but the problem is not exclusive to them.

I have literally been asked by the Lord to stop at a gas station for gas with I did not need gas. I did it only because He told me and not before I pointed out to Him that I didn't need gas and heard Him again speak words from Him still small voice to my spirit telling me to stop and get gas. When I did Jehovah Witnesses came over to me to give me their pamphlet and promote their church. So I asked them about hearing from the Lord and was told that He speaks to us through the Scriptures today. So I had to explain to them that hearing His voice is not the same thing as reading their Bible. And I gave them an example of something He told me.

This type of thing has happened soooo often, that I am used to talking to them, but they are not used to talking to me, because they can't accept that Jesus Christ really is standing at the door and knocking with His voice and if anyone opens the door He will come into them and dine with them and them with Him. They just can't accept that He will talk to us in words that we can pick up in our spirit!

They would agree with the statement that God speaks to us in many ways, but not with someone telling them that the Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit in words. They cannot agree to the following verse:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."

So the Lord communicates to us in many ways, but it is the Spirit who gives life and the words spoken to us are words that we pick up in our spirit.

Since this thread is about what we heard, I will put out this saying I heard from Him:

THE BEST LISTENERS MAKE THE BEST TEACHERS.

Reactions: Renata8
Upvote 0

Rest

Jul 14, 2020
West
✟17,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I believe that God begins to communicate to me through dreams and I even ask for it some times but you never know with absolute certainty that it's God until it comes to fruition. There were times where God continued to give me the same message through my dreams but with different details and that was to finally get my attention. He has also allowed storms to blow through in order to get me to pay attention and realize what He is telling me to do until I do it. I believe that once you realize that it's God trying to command you, and you execute, that's when some of your greatest blessings will then follow which most importantly honors and glorifies our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Renata8
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God begins to communicate to me through dreams and I even ask for it some times but you never know with absolute certainty that it's God until it comes to fruition. There were times where God continued to give me the same message through my dreams but with different details and that was to finally get my attention. He has also allowed storms to blow through in order to get me to pay attention and realize what He is telling me to do until I do it. I believe that once you realize that it's God trying to command you, and you execute, that's when some of your greatest blessings will then follow which most importantly honors and glorifies our Lord, Jesus Christ.

We live by faith, but faith comes from hearing - according to the Scriptures!

Of course God can communicate with us in many ways, and dreams are certainly one of them and a well recorded one. Still we preach Jesus Christ as the Word of God and Him near us! So we find His words in our heart and on our lips, simply because God is spirit and His Holy Spirit communicates with our spirit - which is why we got the dream from Him in the first place.

With all that said, don't we ask Him about our dream and listen to what He has to say about it?????

If we are indeed preaching the Jesus Christ never leaves us and that the word of God in near us, even in our heart, then we absolutely should be asking the Lord about our dreams. I usually do. Not always, because sometimes I have kind of forgotten them by the time I woke up, or perhaps I wanted to get at something, or whatever reason I have for not taking every thought captive to Jesus Christ, but I know I should and can take those dreams to Him and listen to what He has to say about them.

So what about a statement "you never know with absolute certainty that it's God until it comes to fruition."

Well, it is kind of true. We don't know, we believe! Yet our belief is supposed to be in Jesus Christ, the Word of God, who said He never leaves us. So if our belief is that He is the Word of God and never leaves us we should have talked with Him about our dreams, right? And we got some answers, right? Maybe the answer we heard in words from His Spirit talking to our spirit didn't give us absolute certainty, but it would have given us faith in Him!

So when I get a dream that really stands out to me I talk to Him about it. The first thing I usually ask is whether the dream was from Him or not. The Spirit of God is not the only spirit out there. Have you ever gotten a nightmare? Where did that come from. Or perhaps a frustrating dream, where did that come from.

We battel with the dark forces of this world and I have come to strongly believe, from talking to the Lord, that evil spirits love to give kids nightmares and adults frustrating dreams. I have also come to believe that indeed the Lord gives people dreams to communicate with them, and we can pick up a conversation with Him about those dreams. After talking with Him I find that He can hijack a dream evil starts to give you and bring another dimension to is. He even knows that evil plans on doing before they do it, so there might be a reason that the Lord lets evil do what they do. Ask Him, and He will explain!

That is why I have written that we don't want to say God speaks to us in many ways! He can communicate to us in many ways, but He speaks to us via His Holy Spirit which can be picked up in words in our spirit. And it is those words which give us life and it is from His mouth that we get knowledge and understanding!

So start talking to Him about those dreams you believe He gave you!!!
Why did He give them to you in the first place if to not get your attention???

Prov 2:6
For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Jn 6:63
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Yet again this is supposed to be a thread on experiences hearing the Lord voice So let me give you something I heard from Him

BLUEBIRD:

There was this blue bird. She flew to the tree and back and she was still blue. She flew to the bush and back, but she was still blue. She flew to the rabbits house, then to the squirrels house, yet she was still blue. She found another blue bird and they flew all around the field, from the river to the barn and back. She was still blue.

You know, it doesn’t matter what color you are, just go!

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's not a day that goes by that I don't hear God talk to me.

Was there anything worth noting?

Of course we should all be hearing from the Lord everyday call "Today". Yet the title of the tread was

Please share your experiences on hearing God's voice

So noting got shared, though a person hears from Him everyday! And the people loved the post and considered it a winner.

I don't mean to come across so critical, but isn't this a problem ???? that we hear from the Lord everyday and we don't have anything to share?

Jesus said to proclaim on the housetops what you hear whispered in your ear. He also said something about those who were embarrass about Him. So the OP asks us to share what He told us, and He has asked us to tell others about what He told us, but we don't????

This really doesn't make sense to me. I find what He tells me pretty weird at times. He does not think like me. Yet I also find it incredible. I find it incredible that He even talks to me, but the things He says blow me away. It is so interesting talking to Him. So I have things to share. So many of them, because I hear from Him everyday.

The Lord once told me He wanted me to be a pillar in the church. I didn't want to. It sounded like to much work, so he told me about what being a pillar:

"A PILLAR DOESN’T HAVE TO DO MUCH, IT JUST KIND OF SITS THERE AND POINTS UP."

"PILLARS WERE OFTEN USED TO WRITE A MESSAGE ON, MAYBE A STORY OF A CONQUEST, A VICTORY STORY."

Don't we have a story to tell?

Ps - Right after posting this I heard the Lord tell me: My people have a story to tell but if you don't see it isn't it because it has been 'whitewashed' over?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I want to share a specific event along the lines about hearing from the Lord. There was one time I heard 4 words ring/blast/shake in my head. I knew that I knew that Voice could shake the entire earth. I had to stoop over from the impact. Then I got on my knees. Maybe my hands and knees --can't remember but it was real.

**I want to add the voice was not a shout but firm. It stated a firm fact with fathomless depth--earthshaking and earth making depth. It had the power to tear me and everthing apart. I could feel it with just those 4 words.**

The crazy thing is I still went on to not listen. Not so smart right?I caused myself a lot of grief and embarrassment by not listening to His voice because He was right all along. I just didn't trust. It wasn't my preferred answer.

(Not to justify my behavior but more to explain why God might have been extra communicative at that time- my hubby was halfway through a remote 1-year tour overseas, I was sick, and there were tensions at our new church. Plus, my kids and I lived far from family.)

The voice thing only happened once in my life. I don't think I could take that again. But mostly God's voice is like what you mentioned for me. Though I think I get bits of the discerning spirits stuff sometimes through the Holy Spirit --maybe--if that counts as communication. But God's voice is mostly like you said. Thanks for sharing!

I really liked the above post - It's so honest - It's how God can be, is, and how we are.

The first words I heard were "Read Your Bible" and they came across very powerful, just like "HappyHope" explained above.

And I understand the "I get oversensitive and convince myself I'm hearing what I want to"

That if of course a concern. Yet reading my Bible helped me past that concern, because the Bible explained that our Lord is always with us, wants us to listen to Him, and even is just standing at the door knocking hoping that we would open the door to Him. So I pressed on. Tried. Experimented. And I found that He is really there. The question of 'I was hearing Him' was more a question of my faith than His presence of desire to talk to me. So my faith that He was indeed was there wanting to talk to me grew as I pressed on. Still, the question of is it me, Him, or the devil comes us. I have found that it is the devil who like to bring it up. That snakes first words were, "Did God really say", and it is the first thing Satan uses on us to this day.

Still, a great post. When I come to this forum with supposedly Christians, this it the type of thing I hope to find. Honest, sincere, people who are looking to our Lord. From them I hear testimonies about what they experience and it helps me, encourages me, and gives me enjoyment. Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really liked the above post - It's so honest - It's how God can be, is, and how we are.

The first words I heard were "Read Your Bible" and they came across very powerful, just like "HappyHope" explained above.

And I understand the "I get oversensitive and convince myself I'm hearing what I want to"

That if of course a concern. Yet reading my Bible helped me past that concern, because the Bible explained that our Lord is always with us, wants us to listen to Him, and even is just standing at the door knocking hoping that we would open the door to Him. So I pressed on. Tried. Experimented. And I found that He is really there. The question of 'I was hearing Him' was more a question of my faith than His presence of desire to talk to me. So my faith that He was indeed was there wanting to talk to me grew as I pressed on. Still, the question of is it me, Him, or the devil comes us. I have found that it is the devil who like to bring it up. That snakes first words were, "Did God really say", and it is the first thing Satan uses on us to this day.

Still, a great post. When I come to this forum with supposedly Christians, this it the type of thing I hope to find. Honest, sincere, people who are looking to our Lord. From them I hear testimonies about what they experience and it helps me, encourages me, and gives me enjoyment. Thank you.

You encouraged me too. Thank you!!!!

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are right about how the Lord speaks to us through Scripture. Being connected to the Vine helps with quality reception. Way to convict me! LOL- no worries.

As far as honesty , I came back to say it’s not easy or fun being raw. It makes you feel vulnerable. Many aren't ready. It's a risk. But postmodernists kind of require transparency.

I’ve learned to try and be as open as I dare because current culture will throw out the baby with the bath water if they sense exaggeration or puffed up self-promotion in your words.

You can’t blame people today for this either. Marketing sciences have become quite refined. We have all been had at some point. Buyer's remorse is real. If I’m not taken seriously, I don’t want it to be on me.

I actually love seeing the different types of people on here. It proves to me how God loves all kinds. Though some may be less than helpful, I get it.

In hindsight, I would add one more thing to my Voice experience. I bet it was mostly because I thought I was in a moral catch 22 situation that He spoke to me like that. I don’t like thinking about it because of how it all went down but the Lord let me know the situation wasn’t what I feared. I just didn’t feel confident in his statement. Once again, not smart.

Last, I heard of another Voice story I want to share. I think with was from a Voice of the Martyrs magazine.

A Muslim woman in the Middle East heard God say "worship me." She was actually the leader of a Muslim women's worship group. But the voice made her think it was the Christian's God calling to her because she had heard He was a personal God. So she bought a Bible and found a church/Christian group. Her husband divorced her and took the kids. One or both of the kids grew up and came to live with her and became a believer/believers.

God is so cool!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I❤JC

Jul 29, 2020
Brisbane
✟8,696.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most important day of my life was when I felt a feeling in my heart that I needed God. I knew it was Him calling me to follow him. And I did... and I am so happy I didn't ignore that feeling. And my faith gets stronger and stronger every single day. Other than that I am still seeking Him and wanting to learn more and more and more.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God does speak to us in many ways. There was a time in history where nothing was written and only spoken. The time we live in now we have His Word to read and He speaks through His own Word to give understanding to those who ask Him.
There are dreams He gives in form of a message and I still believe He does this to this day. I believe in all communication is open for Him in His Way.

However, the enemy also knows this and counterfeits everything God has ever done, and will do so in the future. Its very important that we know who God is and if He is speaking to us: we are to test every spirit because of this. There are so many people who think they hear from God but are not. I say this because they don't bother testing the spirits, especially dreams/visions. Even Daniel asked God for the meaning of His messages through his dreams. Knowing God is essential. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just wondered, what would people advise someone who has had trauma and then hears lots of voices?
My first thought is to seek professional help, find people who are in this field.

From a spiritual standpoint stick with scripture and guided bible study.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
My wife and I were driving down the highway when I noticed a van pulled over on the side of the road. And on the other side of the van, there were people standing in a circle, and I said to my wife, "Hmm, I wonder what's going on there". Then I heard a voice answer inside of me, and it said, "These people have a flat tire and they have a spare, but they have no jack, and they're praying that someone will bring them a jack".

So I said to my wife, "I just heard a voice tell me those people have a flat tire and they have a spare but they have no jack and they're praying someone will bring them one". My wife then replied with astonishment, "I heard the same thing!"... Realizing this I said, "That's us!"

So I got off the next exit and got back on the highway going the other way and then got off the next exit and got back on again so I could pull up behind them. I got out of my truck and started walking toward them and they were watching me waiting for me to say something. So I said, "God told me you all were praying for someone to bring you a jack". They all began jumping up and down yelling with great joy, and it was a wonderful thing to watch and been a part of.
Amen, yet there are many on this forum who will adamantly give you endless scriptures proving why God doesn't speak today! Sad bunch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen, yet there are many on this forum who will adamantly give you endless scriptures proving why God doesn't speak today! Sad bunch.
Hah , we have them in our own bible study group. They get all hemmed up over it too. Cessationists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0