• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Please send Prayers to help me with this Pride.

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Talihood, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Talihood

Talihood Newbie

+27
    Christian
    Celibate
    i'm having a rough time keeping Lady Pride at bay. any help would be appreciated!

God Bless.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+7,671
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    When tempted to exalt myself mentally over someone I'm mad at or feel superior to, I pray "Father, I'm no better than them", and this helps melt the hostility and pride.

There's also a Litany of Humility which is really good;

Litany of Humility | EWTN

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+5,120
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Pride is before the sin so keeping pride away is of utmost importance. Understanding that in our pride we shall not inherit eternal bliss will help enormously staying away from it. Priding in our Heavenly Father and brother you may have indeed do reserve pride for worship of God alone.

Peace.

4. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+4,078
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lord help Talihood to keep Lady Pride at bay, yes Lord let Talihood become humble, please bless Talihood. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

5. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+6,158
    Messianic
    Private
    Good for you that you want to deal with pride. You probably know that the Lord hates pride. But He loves you! I pray not that you will forego pride so much, as that you will be given a great spirit of humility, and compassion for others.

"Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and in due time He will raise you up."