Virginia
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not feeling too good about this one. It has been a minute since i've been on this site and i just want to say hello and God bless to all.
I declared a fast today and was doing rather well until I got to work... at Taco Bell!!! At around 7ish I ate one of those new gordita crunch's and a mini chicken quesadilla. Now i feel like I did the fast for nothing because I didn't complete it. Please give me some advice and let me know what you think.

wayseer

Jun 10, 2008
Maryborough, QLD, Australia
✟11,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not feeling too good about this one. It has been a minute since i've been on this site and i just want to say hello and God bless to all.
I declared a fast today and was doing rather well until I got to work... at Taco Bell!!! At around 7ish I ate one of those new gordita crunch's and a mini chicken quesadilla. Now i feel like I did the fast for nothing because I didn't complete it. Please give me some advice and let me know what you think.

You did not do the fast for nothing - you learnt something, even if that experience might be something of a negative. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Fasting is a subject all of its own. I have fasted at certain times and for various periods of time.

The thing is you have to have a reason to fast - an objective. I don't think it any good just to fast for the sake of doing a fast. For me, there has to be a reason.

If you have not fasted before it is perhaps best to start of with some easy goals, say a day's fast. And do not select a day when you are going to fast with certain 'stressors' like going to work in a fast food outlet - I don't think I would handle that.

Once the objective is clear then the duration and intensity of the fast ought to be determined - how long and from what should I fast. I do not fast with regards to water - in fact I tend to drink more water as the body is purging itself of a whole range of 'baddies' and they need to be flushed out of the system. Others I know limit themselves to orange juice as an intake. You make your own boundaries.

Always tell someone what you are doing - just in case things get out of hand. At least you have someone looking after you who can intervene if the situation demands as much.

Fasting is really not a Western 'thing' to do so there will always be distractors. It is best perhaps to remove yourself from such distractions by going somewhere quiet. Generally I do a lot of reading when fasting - a nice quite activity.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

hpnotiqpnk

Apr 3, 2005
Virginia
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks. I've been reading the book Fasting by Jenzten Frankiln and he said some of the things you did. Mainly about having an objective, a reason to fast. I think I did kind of set myself up with going to Taco Bell and all. I think I'm gonna go back and re-focus and try on my days off. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

nikkipompom

Call me Noodles...
Jan 28, 2009
@ my untidy desk in MN
✟11,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
read the miracle results of fasting by dave williams,it's a small pocketbook like 86 pages of amazing messages. my friend and me did 5 days,we then went to small fruit and veg servings. during the fast i wanted to break away badly but it takes starting a fast as a call to something. you'll never need Jesus more than on a fast, he did 40 days.

Upvote 0