✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read and Agree before Posting

If you would like to participate in this forum, please make a post in this thread acknowledging that you have read the Statement of Purpose for the Spiritual Gifts forum and agree to follow the guidelines, as well as the CF sitewide rules.

If you receive multiple staff actions for violating either the SoP for this forum, or the CF sitewide rules, your access to the this forum will be removed. Your access may be restored if you open a support ticket to discuss your staff actions with the Admins and are willing to receive mentoring.

**If you make a post or start a thread before reading and agreeing with this sticky thread, your post or thread may be removed. This is effective for threads created after 7/12/17.

If you have any questions please ask in this thread, or send a PM to JCFantasy23 or Sojourner1.

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you would like to participate in this forum, please make a post in this thread acknowledging that you have read the Statement of Purpose for the Spiritual Gifts forum and agree to follow the guidelines, as well as the CF sitewide rules.

If you receive multiple staff actions for violating either the SoP for this forum, or the CF sitewide rules, your access to the this forum will be removed. Your access may be restored if you open a support ticket to discuss your staff actions with the Admins and are willing to receive mentoring.

**If you make a post or start a thread before reading and agreeing with this sticky thread, your post or thread may be removed. This is effective for threads created after 7/12/17.

If you have any questions please ask in this thread, or send a PM to JCFantasy23 or Sojourner1.

Read & Agreed. (A little confusing, however, will do best, and watch as others do to try and follow their lead.)

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read the statement, I strongly disagree with particulars in the statement but I agree to abide by it. I am simply left wondering what is even spiritual about these gifts you have defined. In one particular case highly debated theology among mainstream Christians is being defined for all Christians here in order to participate in these forums. (Edit: I talked to Sojourner privately about my concerns over the definition of prophecy formerly used in the statement and he/she was very gracious in hearing me out)

Additionally, dividing the forums between overt gifts and gifts that are defined in such a way as to be indistinguishable from natural talent gives the impression that the forums are being divided between cessation and continuance. I hope that is not the case because the church needs less division not more. I have personally been blessed by the internal discussion and interaction of Christians who believe differently than me.

I do not object to your authority or right, but I pray you reconsider these changes and take what I have said into consideration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are doing what we can to prevent debate about the sign gifts in this main forum. Debate about the sign gifts should take place in General Theology. The spiritual gifts that are listed come from the Bible (verses were referenced in the SoP).

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are doing what we can to prevent debate about the sign gifts in this main forum. Debate about the sign gifts should take place in General Theology. The spiritual gifts that are listed come from the Bible (verses were referenced in the SoP).

I am confused. Are you saying that the gift of miracles isn't in the bible?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am confused. Are you saying that the gift of miracles isn't in the bible?
The moderator means we can't talk about it in this division of the forums but it's okay to promote and talk about it in the "sign gifts" section. Those gifts aren't banned from the site, just banned from this section of the forums and moved into a subsection of the Spiritual Gifts section. I read it the same way first time around and thought it was banned from the forums in general.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Additionally, dividing the forums between overt gifts and gifts that are defined in such a way as to be indistinguishable from natural talent gives the impression that the forums are being divided between cessation and continuance.
We are doing what we can to prevent debate about the sign gifts in this main forum. Debate about the sign gifts should take place in General Theology.

The new rules appear to an attempt to keep the peace, not only between cessationist and continuance adherents, but also between those exercising sign gifts and those who would oppose them doing so at this site.

I think they're excellent rules, and allow for all concerned to have their say without interference, and without things always becoming heated. Debates are still fully allowed on the topic, only the opportunity now exists for the gifts to actually be practiced at this site without things incessantly becoming a free-for-all.

I read the rules, and I applaud them. Fully agree to abide. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also everyone please remember that gifts are discussed in other areas of CF too - you can debate certain things in the Theology sections. We have a section for the faith groups too,
Spirit-Filled / Charismatic

For this area as others have stated we have it divided into two sections, and we prefer debating be kept in the Theology section, etc. This area is meant for growth and uplifting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
OK but using the term "unorthodox Christianity" is a bit vague.

I have read and agree with the Statement of Purpose nad guidelines associated with this forum, and look forward to participating.

There we are. Word perfect even including your spelling mistake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I have read and agree with the Statement of Purpose nad guidelines associated with this forum, and look forward to participating.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree to follow the guidelines of the Statement of Purpose for the Spiritual Gifts forum as well as the CF sitewide rules.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

I have read the Statement of Purpose for the Spiritual Gifts forum and agree to follow the guidelines, as well as the CF sitewide rules.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

read and agreed

Upvote 0