United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello Friends.
My sister in law checked herself in to a mental health crisis center two days ago - this is the third or fourth facility in the past couple of years. She finds these facilities online herself; calls them; makes all the arrangements, and then tells her husband to find a way to cover the amount of their cost. It is usually thousands of dollars, and she has yet to complete one of the programs or stay the full 60 days.

Kicker number one -
She has a Master's degree; was a cop for 11 years; was a child abuse and murder Investigator for 10 years, and lead Investigator for the county school system another 5 years. Her IQ is around 136. She used to run marathons.

Kicker number 2 -
Two of my sister in law's brothers committed suicide.

One of her sons plays the violin and piano; the other plays the trumpet; both are flight attendants, and they love their mom.

Her daughter, on the other hand, hates her. Five years ago, she solicited the help of an Aunt who paid for a lawyer for my niece to legally sever all ties with her parents. None of us can figure out why. Her mom tried to reach out to her several times - begging her to come back. She even sent a card and some money, but her daughter responded with a text photo of herself lighting the card on fire.

My sis n law has steadily declined, and nothing we say or do seems to make any real difference. She has seen several doctors. They prescribe meds for her, but then she starts researching the side affects and obsesses so much that she doesn't take her meds correctly - then decides not to take any of them but instead, buys a ton of vitamins and supplements online with the belief that they are safer than prescription drugs.

Her husband says he is afraid to leave her because she might finally kill herself - he also is afraid to stand up to her and demand respect because she might finally go over the edge and kill herself. . . I told him it was emotional blackmail.

We all love her. We are all at our wits end. We have lost two brothers to suicide already.

I don't know how to pray, and I am a prayer warrior. Please pray for my sister in law; for her husband, and for us - for all of us.

My love to you all. God bless all here in Jesus' name.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello Friends.
My sister in law checked herself in to a mental health crisis center two days ago - this is the third or fourth facility in the past couple of years. She finds these facilities online herself; calls them; makes all the arrangements, and then tells her husband to find a way to cover the amount of their cost. It is usually thousands of dollars, and she has yet to complete one of the programs or stay the full 60 days.

Kicker number one -
She has a Master's degree; was a cop for 11 years; was a child abuse and murder Investigator for 10 years, and lead Investigator for the county school system another 5 years. Her IQ is around 136. She used to run marathons.

Kicker number 2 -
Two of my sister in law's brothers committed suicide.

One of her sons plays the violin and piano; the other plays the trumpet; both are flight attendants, and they love their mom.

Her daughter, on the other hand, hates her. Five years ago, she solicited the help of an Aunt who paid for a lawyer for my niece to legally sever all ties with her parents. None of us can figure out why. Her mom tried to reach out to her several times - begging her to come back. She even sent a card and some money, but her daughter responded with a text photo of herself lighting the card on fire.

My sis n law has steadily declined, and nothing we say or do seems to make any real difference. She has seen several doctors. They prescribe meds for her, but then she starts researching the side affects and obsesses so much that she doesn't take her meds correctly - then decides not to take any of them but instead, buys a ton of vitamins and supplements online with the belief that they are safer than prescription drugs.

Her husband says he is afraid to leave her because she might finally kill herself - he also is afraid to stand up to her and demand respect because she might finally go over the edge and kill herself. . . I told him it was emotional blackmail.

We all love her. We are all at our wits end. We have lost two brothers to suicide already.

I don't know how to pray, and I am a prayer warrior. Please pray for my sister in law; for her husband, and for us - for all of us.

My love to you all. God bless all here in Jesus' name.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Have you broken Satan's hold over her life? Has she been involved in the occult or done drugs? (or both). Yes, we should seek God to help but we also need to deal with Satan's attacks. Lord Jesus gave us the authority, the power and the command to do just that.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is another choice but it calls for a lot of strength.
If she is committed to a mental hospital by her husband she cannot be released by her self. Only her husband or the doctors can get her released. It is a really tough thing to do but for her sake it needs to be done unless God will heal her.
Perhaps her husband could talk to a mental health doctor and explain all that is going on with her. The doc can make suggestions on how to treat her even opening the door for in house treatment such as above.
God bless all of you.
prayers

Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have you broken Satan's hold over her life? Has she been involved in the occult or done drugs? (or both). Yes, we should seek God to help but we also need to deal with Satan's attacks. Lord Jesus gave us the authority, the power and the command to do just that.

Lord my Creator, I come before your throne of Grace boldly and ask that You create new hearts in Mary and Robert. Reveal the truth to them, Lord, and help them to find the courage to fully confess and repent for any damage done to their love; to their trust, and to their family as a whole through their actions. I pray the spirit of anger and rage be removed permanently from their house. Lord, with your Holy Spirit, please bring them to a true conviction that will ultimately set each of them free from the power of the enemy.

Give Mary a gifted ability to hear You and to always know your voice - open her understanding of how the enemy lied to her and used her. Help Mary to cultivate gentle, kind, considerate, and loving speech. Create in Mary a gentle beauty that deeply touches Robert.

Lord, make a new husband and wife team - a powerhouse team working together. Father, let their eyes reveal the joy of the Spirit of the Living God that lives inside them. And Lord, I ask for a special anointing to cover them - a mantle of power and protection.

Deliver Mary, Lord. Transform her by the renewing of her mind and the washing of the Word. Remove the trespasser from Mary's spiritual house and in it's place, put rivers of Living Water. Let knowledge, understanding, and wisdom flourish within them both supernaturally.

Lord, You promised in your Word that You would give the oil of joy for mourning and beauty for ashes. I thank You for what I am about to see manifested in the lives of my two precious friends. I know that your mercies are new every morning.

Let them fall in love again - let them see through each others' eyes and hear with each other's ears so that they can better understand one another's heart.

Lord, all I have asked here, I already know is your will, and Lord You know I already have faith. So I thank You now for your Promise to grant all that I have asked here in Jesus' name. Amen.

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
She finds these facilities online herself; calls them; makes all the arrangements, and then tells her husband to find a way to cover the amount of their cost. It is usually thousands of dollars, and she has yet to complete one of the programs or stay the full 60 days. ...

I don't know how to pray, and I am a prayer warrior.
There seems to be a stronghold on her, some exploit of satan that she's trying to confront but doesn't know how to. The facilities, the prescriptions, I'm not saying are bad or unnecessary, but don't seem to be getting to the root of the matter. Perhaps it has something to do with the daughter's rejection.

that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. [I pray that] the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. - Eph 1:17-19 NASB
See also the prayers at Eph 3 and Col 1; and 2Cor 10.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I propose we look at this on the entirely positive (but not easy) side. There is this calling to be part of the solution to traumas and horrors in this world. I am including facts in my response as a clue to aid you all around prayer points.

It's intelligent to enquire into medicines. It's intelligent to adjust dose / negotiate an adjustment to dose; to seek negotiate a change of med and a combination of med. Does her interim schedule allow sleep? Has she intelligent and interesting pursuits / diversions mental and / or manual to continue her development - geography, chemistry, crafts, games, plant care? Cooking whether simple or complicated? Fresh mild cheese and butter, and fine but plain tea (while available) can be an "eye opener". Falling back on old favourite ideas without guilt. Being open minded about interim outcomes.

Grief about this world is often mistaken for guilt.

Mary loves to be home and we have to be home (while we've got one) IN our pain. She saw pain for 26 years plus. This is the calling of most or all of us. We will ALL have to live with pain, for ourselves and others, for the rest of our lives.

All programmes have to be importable to home and continuable at home. It's essential to pray that professionals will listen in regard to side effects and that God will give Mary and them and you maximum discernment as to details, going forward. Our Father said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0