Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Seven years ago, my wife and I left a church that we have now come to realize has every maker of a cult. When we left, many things were told concerning my wife and I, but we made a complete break from these people.

Now, two years ago, some very dear friends of ours (who was and is closer to my wife, daughter, and I than our own family) also left this gathering. They've fought hell (almost literally) because of this decision. Within the last 24 hours, the "pastor's" wife has launched one of the most hurtful attacks on this family that we have witnessed to date. This woman has slandered them, threatened them, and claimed that God has spoken to her that He has written Ichabod and reprobate over them. They have hit the wall now and are questioning why, if God is Good (which there is no doubt there in my spirit, Praise the Lord!), is He still letting them constantly tear down their family. Please, please pray that God will give my wife and I the words to say, to calm the flared tempers and broken spirits. Like the old Gospel song said, He is God on the mountain and He is God in the valley!

ralangley

Veteran
May 30, 2007
Washington State, USA
✟18,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Seven years ago, my wife and I left a church that we have now come to realize has every maker of a cult. When we left, many things were told concerning my wife and I, but we made a complete break from these people.

Now, two years ago, some very dear friends of ours (who was and is closer to my wife, daughter, and I than our own family) also left this gathering. They've fought hell (almost literally) because of this decision. Within the last 24 hours, the "pastor's" wife has launched one of the most hurtful attacks on this family that we have witnessed to date. This woman has slandered them, threatened them, and claimed that God has spoken to her that He has written Ichabod and reprobate over them. They have hit the wall now and are questioning why, if God is Good (which there is no doubt there in my spirit, Praise the Lord!), is He still letting them constantly tear down their family. Please, please pray that God will give my wife and I the words to say, to calm the flared tempers and broken spirits. Like the old Gospel song said, He is God on the mountain and He is God in the valley!

Praying right now for you. Praying wisdom, knowledge, and discernment for you and your wife. Lord, give them powerful words that encourage, heal, and decree Your will in this situation. Praying for this couple too, that they stand strong against the tactics of the enemy to break their spirits and tempt them to retaliate or otherwise stumble. Praying strength over this couple, and courage. The courage to love, forgive and bless, and to hold on to You in this time of testing. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
that's a good prayer!^^^

remind your friends of the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace,etc.

what they see now comming out of the other woman's mouth is what she has stored up and previously hidden in her heart, but which is now being revealed.
they can thank God that they are out of that atmosphere. but at the same time they should also be able to feel compassion for someone who is so filled with all that bad stuff.

the hatred she holds in her heart will do her great damage. if she does not get rid of it, it will warp her character and feed her self pride, making her cynical and bitter and angry.

i feel as sorry for her as i do for your friends.:hug:

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just tell them to remember that our precious JEsus was mocked, ridiculed, lied about and still to this day it goes on.

The way this alledged church are acting should show them they do not have the love of God in their hearts.

This should also be a sign that they are doing the right thing because the enemy knows they have lost them and letting their true selves come out.

Just keep moving ahead hand in hand with Jesus - He will lead you out of this deceitful mess.

Reactions: the.Sheepdog
Upvote 0

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Your prayers were well apreciated! My wife and I sat with them and listened as they poured out their hurts and insecurities concerning everything that has gone on since they left. I do thank God that before we left, their attitude had changed from "why is God letting this happen?" to "we will make it through this because God has not given up on us!" Thanks again!

Upvote 0

~GodsMouthpiece~

May 18, 2006
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The typical MO for false prophets is to decide that if you don't agree with them wholeheartedly, you don't agree with God, and therefore are apostates....Usually they are the ones who are off the wall, not you..Beware, there are many false prophets in these last days..They are deceived and are deceiving..They think they truly love, but its all based on their own agenda. If you will fall in with their agenda, then you are accepted into their hearts as "brethren"..But disagree with them, and they try to become your God..They are willing to say in their hearts, that the confusion they have had of whether they are speaking for God or not has been cast aside as from devils, when all along that was the conviction from Gods Spirit warning them of their error..

Upvote 0

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The typical MO for false prophets is to decide that if you don't agree with them wholeheartedly, you don't agree with God, and therefore are apostates....Usually they are the ones who are off the wall, not you..Beware, there are many false prophets in these last days..They are deceived and are deceiving..They think they truly love, but its all based on their own agenda. If you will fall in with their agenda, then you are accepted into their hearts as "brethren"..But disagree with them, and they try to become your God..They are willing to say in their hearts, that the confusion they have had of whether they are speaking for God or not has been cast aside as from devils, when all along that was the conviction from Gods Spirit warning them of their error..

Since my wife and I left and more so since these friends have left, we've looked, in depth, at what we were being taught. For anyone that is only looking in at them from outside, they look like they are really doing good for their people and for the community. I was part of the "inner core" of leadership and witnessed so many things that as I look back on it, if I don't catch myself, I become depressed at having accepted and agreed with their teachings without question. I have since realized that these people and their pastor and his teaching carry every marker of a cult that I've ever read. When my wife and I left, we occasionally joked that someday, the pastor would have the people drink the Kool-Aid (like Jim Jones). This hasn't become a joke as of recent, though. It is now a true possibility.

On a brighter note, though, my wife talked to our friends early this morning and they felt much much better. They sat down together and made a decision that they weren't going to retaliate against them, but instead they were going to pray that God opened their eyes and they truly prayed that God would have mercy on them. I think we are all on our way to inner healing. Praise God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.