Please Pray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 25, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
I coach swimming. One of my athletes is battling Bulimia. She has been bingeing and purging for over a year. About 6 weeks ago her mother caught her and she is getting professional help. I am one of the only people she will talk to about this and she is hiding it from the rest of the team and a college team she has signed to swim for next year. Yesterday she was suicidal and talking about cutting her wrists. She called her Mom to come get her from practice because I did not trust her to be alone or drive home. I thought her Mom would get her into some inpatient facility but she was back at practice today saying she is OK. Please pray for her, her family, and wisdom for me to know what to do with this situation.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>wisdom for me to know what to do with this situation.

A lot of that is just mind battles. The "cure" is to put on the mind of Christ and think the divine thoughts of God.

John 10:10a The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

Philip. 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kookaburra

searching for The Hidden Country
Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have a friend with the same problem, and I'm at a loss because she won't let anyone help her, at all.
She hasn't told her parents, and as far as I know, they are unaware of her tendancies.
She's partly anorexic, partly bolemic. any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Bulimia is caused by a feeling of not being in control of her life and not being able to deal with frustrations. It is a slow suicide. She isn't going to just "get over" this.

Call her mom again and tell about what is going on. The girl needs to get into serious treatment before she ruins her body and maybe her life. This is extremely serious.

If you knew she was having a heart problem, you wouldn't just ignore it, would you? Yet many bulimics die of heart failure.

Heavenly Father, this girl is slowly killing herself and talking about speeding up the process with intentional suicide. She must be in a lot of pain about something, but she is unable to express it except through bulimia. She is begging for help in many ways. Please open everyone's ears and show them the pain that is trapped inside her. GEt her into good treatment and help her become healthy. Amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.