please pray that I will learn from God's correction.

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have since 08 been going thru some sort of trial. You would think by now I would of listened. I used to struggle with inappropriate content. I no longer do. But I do struggle with abusing medication that takes me out of the depression of discipline. So you see I know God wants the best for me. My health is failing. I feel I'm always looking for my next fix to forget my issues when in reality if i would just listen than none of this would be an issue. At what point in someone's life do they see the suffering could be turned into joy if one simply follows the rules?

JDNC

Mar 31, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're in my prayers, brother.
You should spend more time with God in prayer. That's what I did, it was hard at first.
I didn't know what to do or how to start, so I fasted 40 days with games, music and pretty much anything that took my attention, including soda!
My praying became sincere, I started talking and I knew my words were/are being heard.

After the fast, I felt my faith stronger and my relationship with God stronger!

I know how hard it is to overcome addiction, but you WILL overcome it through Christ!

Have you tried listening to Gospel music?
I find myself in a good mood after listening to music, it awakes my memory to God's promises.

I daydream, thinking this could be The Day our Lord comes! :)

You could try to find a small hobby, like planting and gardening.
I've recently started growing trees from fruits' seeds at the market.
The germination process is a slow process, but once the root sprouts and the shoot pops through the soil, it's exciting! Haha

God bless you, brother! I'll pray for you! :)

Upvote 0

retlaw

Dec 2, 2010
✟8,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have since 08 been going thru some sort of trial. You would think by now I would of listened. I used to struggle with inappropriate content. I no longer do. But I do struggle with abusing medication that takes me out of the depression of discipline. So you see I know God wants the best for me. My health is failing. I feel I'm always looking for my next fix to forget my issues when in reality if i would just listen than none of this would be an issue. At what point in someone's life do they see the suffering could be turned into joy if one simply follows the rules?

When Israel was set free from slavery they were no longer in bondage just like getting saved released us from the bondage of sin. Unfortunately after 400 years in Egypt Israel was full of Egypt, the food, the false gods, they thought like Egyptians, Probably dressed like them. God took them in the desert for 40 years to purge Egypt from them. YOU are in that desert. How long you stay there is up to you. Come clean from all things unrighteous, including the drugs. You can do it you just don't want to. You're stubbornly holding onto that Egyptian golden calf. The reason I know this is I was there too. Getting out of that desert is going to require pain. It did for me. In fact I'm still suffering the pain of that exodus as it was recent. But when you come out the other side you will be sanctified, totally free form sin and unrighteousness. It will NEVER have power over you again.

Upvote 0