California
✟41,185.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for me because I do not want to be a hypocrite and I deal with temptation to give into the devil for the sake of the things I want. Please pray that it never happens. Please pray that I never sin and that I never say anything wrong because if I do, I will burn in hell forever and I am not mocking or joking by saying that.

EDIT: Oops sorry I was not paying attention I posted this in the wrong forum. Moderators please change it to Prayer Request or just delete it. I was going to post something else here later is the reason for my mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: zippy2006

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
because if I do, I will burn in hell forever and I am not mocking or joking by saying that.

Hmm. Well, have you ever committed a sin before? I guess if you have then it's too late... Sorry!

Or did you get some special one-time-only absolution 30 minutes ago for everything, and now it's crucially important you never sin for the rest of your remaining life and live it in saintly perfection or... Sorry!

I'm not going to pray that it never happens. I'm going to pray that when it does happen, you know you are forgiven. And also that it happens less and less as time goes on and you walk with Christ.

He's a Shepherd, not a Butcher, a Father not a Fiend.

Lamentations 3:21-25

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for me because I do not want to be a hypocrite and I deal with temptation to give into the devil for the sake of the things I want. Please pray that it never happens. Please pray that I never sin and that I never say anything wrong because if I do, I will burn in hell forever and I am not mocking or joking by saying that.

EDIT: Oops sorry I was not paying attention I posted this in the wrong forum. Moderators please change it to Prayer Request or just delete it. I was going to post something else here later is the reason for my mistake.

Your prayers seem to be centered around your morbid fear of hell.

You are missing the point of Christianity by your obsessive fear of hell and God isn't pleased by such behavior.

Upvote 0

Moonrise Lu

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
✟9,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, there. I will pray for you of course.

Although you do seem to have a faith built on a bad foundation. Please hear me out. As timewerx said, you seem so afraid of hell. If you are a Christian and have faith in Jesus, you should find comfort in the fact that Jesus died for you. Jesus took all your sin upon Himself. Do you believe in Jesus? Do you believe He died for your sins? Then you should not have such a huge fear of going to hell. When you have prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into your life and have confessed your sins and prayed for forgiveness, then you will not go to hell! Yes, even if you sin a million more times in your life. Those who have sincerely repented (recognize you sin, confessed what you have done wrong) and asked God to forgive them will not go to hell, no matter how many times they sin or even if it is after becoming Christ followers. We are imperfect and every Chrisitan is a hypocrite without wanting to be. But God knows this and He forgives us and loves us.

Thelordskingdom777 please stop focusing on the punishment of hell, because you will not receive it. Please read John 3:16 over and over and over until you understand the meaning. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." Recognize the great mercy and grace God has given to you, and praise and thank Him for it. Of course we should try not to sin, but if you don't recognize that you are forgiven as well and that you will mess up sometimes, you will be paralyzed with fear and not ever really be in synch with God and His plans for your life. When you recognize your badness and mistakes, BUT know that the forgiveness is greater, then you can live happily with God as your friend and Father and help God's kingdom. Doesn't that sound like a much better way to live life? The best thing is God's love for you is true, and He is waiting patiently for you to fully understand it :)

Upvote 0

Little Moon

Sep 6, 2017
Melbourne
✟8,250.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're only a hypocrite if you go around telling other people they can never ever sin and judge them for all their sins.
It is not for us to judge, it's up to God. So practice forgiveness, grace, gentleness, kindness, and don't place yourself above others...then you won't be a hypocrite!

Now more to the point, do you understand what grace means? It means getting something you do not deserve. We do not deserve to go to Heaven. Because we are sinful by nature and we are always going to sin. If you never sinned, there would be no point in Jesus dying! What would it be fore? That's the whole point! No human will ever be pure and blameless, so that's why He had to die, because He was the only one pure and blameless and holy enough to be a worthy sacrifice for the sin of the world!

One of the greatest things about being a Christian is experiencing God's massive grace and forgiveness and redemption! We are made pure by His sacrifice, not because of our lack of sin. I understand you're trying to please God by not sinning but think about it, by believing it's possible for you to never sin, you're essentially saying you can save yourself. That you don't need Jesus. Do you see what I'm saying? You WILL sin, that's why Jesus died. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23

This grace and accepting of my own sinful nature helps me to be more loving and less judging to others. I know I'm a sinner so who am I to judge another? I am to be loving and kind. You will sin and fall short, but as He forgives you, you'll find it easier to forgive others.

I get it though. Sometimes guilt is hard to handle, I'd like to direct you to a Luke 7:40-50 which I find comforting...it's about a woman whose sins were apparently many! Also 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind". Don't be afraid! Ask God for peace.
Hope this helped.

Disclaimer: obviously we should try our best not to sin and live as purely as we can but it's impossible to be totally sin free because of the fall. If your faith also requires some kind of sacrament or ritual as well as faith & repentance, to receive salvation, then incorporate that too, but THEN know that you are forgiven and marvel at his grace. I'm not trying to force my denominational views.

Upvote 0

Little Moon

Sep 6, 2017
Melbourne
✟8,250.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also if you're consistently wanting things that are bad for you, it may be prudent to have some time of self reflection and prayer. It may be some kind of emotional issue, God can help you heal emotionally, and figure out what the need is that you want to be met, and to know that He can meet that need.
I've found this when I've consistently craved unhealthy things. Usually it's coming from some old wound that I need to bring to God so he can help me heal.

• Agree
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0