Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yesterday, in San Bernardino, California (about an hour east of Los Angeles) a husband went to the school his estranged wife taught at, signed in at the office, went to her classroom and opened fire on her. He killed her, a student caught in the cross fire, injured another and then turned the gun on himself.

This shooting has affected me very deeply for several reasons. My wife is a teacher in the Los Angeles area and I know how the schools around here are set up. It scares me because of how hard something like this would be to catch. Because i know how easy it would be to do.

I'm also deeply troubled by the man who committed the murder because of posts on his Facebook profile. There were quite a few regarding God's blessings on him, on how good God is, how strong his faith was. But they were mixed in with his approval of using violence to make a point. He often times praised violence against police officers. In July 2016, he went as far as encouraging others to follow in the footsteps of the Dallas shooter who killed those police officers. The most troubling thing was he was referred to as a "guest pastor" at whatever church he attended. So, this means he was in a position to spread his misconstrued version of Christianity.

I ask that you pray for the families of the victims of the shooting.
Please pray for the school where the shooting took place.
Please pray for anyone this man may have ministered to and that they can see what is truth and what is deception
Finally, pray for all Christians to be more diligent in their study of the Word so they can spot false teachings and not be misled

God Bless