nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I'm so sorry. :( You mean alcohol? My DH was hardcore alcoholic for 5 years (I did not know him then) and broke his mother's heart about 100 times before he got clean for good. I'm sorry you're going through this worry. Praying for all of you.

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Update. . . he just called us. He seems to be okay, but I won't know until we actually see him. Will update as necessary.

He claims he came home last night, but I was awake most of the night, and didn't hear him. He usually wakes us up with the alarm beeping (house alarm) until it is reset... and that didn't happen. My husband is a light sleeper, so this seems to be strange until we can get some answers. I will still appreciate all the prayers we can get, though. He is not in a trustworthy position with us, yet.

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I got drunk every weekend and smoked weed at least once a day, every day, for a couple of years. I'm surprised my mom didn't kill me or send me to jail all the times I came home wasted. It's really a miracle how deep a mothers love goes for her children.

I cleaned up for a few months, and fell back into it one time, and I saw the pain it caused people, and I saw how it deeply hurt people who had faith in me and wanted what's best for me. I realized it's not all about me, my actions effect all those who love me, and I had to stop living a double life.

There's light at the end. He'll pull out of it. Just don't sugarcoat things for him out of love, the best thing for him is to really see how hurtful it is to you and to others when he lets you down like that. Ask him how he could be so selfish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I got drunk every weekend and smoked weed at least once a day, every day, for a couple of years. I'm surprised my mom didn't kill me or send me to jail all the times I came home wasted. It's really a miracle how deep a mothers love goes for her children.

I cleaned up for a few months, and fell back into it one time, and I saw the pain it caused people, and I saw how it deeply hurt people who had faith in me and wanted what's best for me. I realized it's not all about me, my actions effect all those who love me, and I had to stop living a double life.

There's light at the end. He'll pull out of it. Just don't sugarcoat things for him out of love, the best thing for him is to really see how hurtful it is to you and to others when he lets you down like that. Ask him how he could be so selfish.
Thank you for that. :hug: And you're only 20!! My son is 24 and still hasn't learned. I think the fetal alcohol syndrome may have something to do with that... I dunno. I keep trying to make him understand everything you said, but it falls on deaf ears. I have seen him try to come out of this, but all of a sudden, it goes awry.

I probably over-reacted on his cell phone voice mail this morning, and said I was so stressed out that I'd probably be sent to the hospital soon, or words to that effect. I'm gonna have a heart attack if he doesn't stop this nonsense soon. :cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh, Melanie

This story is touching.

The OCA diocese of Alaska has a serious alcoholism problem brought on when the US government took Native American children away from their parents, told them their parents were dead, and then forcefully separated them from their roots and their Orthodox Faith by placing them in protestant orphanages.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial][SIZE=-1]On Wednesday evening May 17th, All over the Russian Orthodox Diocese of Alaska the Akathist to Our Lady of the Inexhaustible Cup was celebrated. Below are some photos from the celebration in Kodiak, where His Grace Bishop NIKOLAI and others are gathering for the beginning of the 33rd Commencement Celebration of St. Herman Seminary. The icon “Our Lady of the Inexhaustible Cup” which depicts the Christ Child standing in a chalice with arms outstretched in blessing beneath the protecting omophor of His Most-Holy Mother has been known for healings of alcoholism and other diseases of addiction. Keep watching the web site for more from St. Herman Seminary graduation.

http://www.dioceseofalaska.org/html/inexhaustible_2006.html
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
:cry:
:cry:

Melania please pm to me his name... I want hubby to put him in his prayers.
Also pray to St. Ephraim of nea Makri. He is a saint for the youth with drug addiction and alchoholism.

here is the site:

http://www.synodinresistance.org/Theology_en/E3d5027Narkom.pdf

http://www.all-saints.ca/news/herald_2005_may.pdf

there is also a page of the monastery...but could not find it...
I have visited it and the saint's body is whole and many many young men and women visit every year, that suffer from alchoholism and drug addiction. My parents visit also. If you want pm his name and I will tell them to light up a big candle for him. In my extended family we had also drug addiction and thanks to God through the interesecion of St. Ephraim ... they were able to kick out that addiction...Glory be to God. Also read the miracles ...there are hundreds of them reported every year. While I was in Greece many parishioners of ours would wittness to actually 'see' St. Ephraim in our altar....He is known to 'follow' those who seek his help...

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.