• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Please pray for my wife

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by only a sojourner, Sep 14, 2021.

1. only a sojourner

only a sojourner Junior Member

+2,041
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    My wife Linda is feeling overwhelmed by pressures of having to move because of renovations being done on our apartment. She is angry at me and threatening to commit suicide by taking an overdose of pills. We will also need to get a post office box as we will be moving more then once . Please pray for this situation.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+11,686
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Will pray for your wife, and you. I think Linda definitely needs psychotherapeutic counseling, if she is not getting it already. How are you doing, Sojourner?

3. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,396
    Messianic
    Private
    I will pray for insight and help for you.

4. MikeinSeattle

MikeinSeattle Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.

+100
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I imagine there is without question other reasons why she is depressed. And I would say finding out what those reasons are and helping her with whatever they are should become a top priority. I would also suggest that if you are not doing so, praying together with your wife daily about ALL of the struggles you are both going through should become a daily habit until you see your problems resolved.

God be with you in this time.

5. Jeffwhosoever

Jeffwhosoever Faithful Servant & Seminary Student Staff Member Assistant Chaplain Angels Team Supporter

+2,881
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    Praying for you and your wife. May the Lord be of comfort and grace in this difficult time.

6. William J

William J Member Supporter

+254
    United States
    Wesleyan
    Single
    I pray that God would comfort your wife and help her to find any professional help that she needs. I also pray that God would help your wife to let go of the resentment that she has about the move and for your relationship together to be strengthened.

7. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,396
    Messianic
    Private
    Friend, I am going to repeat myself Somewhat. Your wife has been violent toward you, and just in general, as I have stated, is demonstrating behavior patterns associated with domestic abusers.

The change you are hoping for in the outer world, will not change her inside. Something else will upset her, and maybe the next time that she physically attacks you she will do some kind of permanent harm.

My prayer is that you will see what the real problem is. It is not in the externals. It is in the heart and mind of your wife.

I am not a psychologist and so can’t positively diagnose your wife. However, you can find all kinds of information on the net about domestic abusers. As I mentioned earlier, you can talk to a domestic abuse counselor.There you can find out for yourself with the prognosis is for your wife to change her behaviors.

My prayer for you is for light and wisdom and freedom and safe escape.