Please pray for my upcoming marriage and messed up situation..

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm praying for you.

But the main point is that you are completely justified getting married and your former "promise" isn't relevant.

In addition to the fact that one can't expect to always make sensible, lifelong "promises" when one is 15, (deleted) means that it doesn't apply to the promise anyway.

It is always right to stand up for yourself and leave someone (deleted), no matter what any interpretation of any religion or sacred scripture says. You are completely free to marry Nick - and to expect him to be caring, and to leave him if he becomes (deleted).

Staying with the (deleted) behavior, and punishes good, caring people like Nick. That's part of why some men think that being (deleted) is the way to go.

Don't fall for the "purity" line. It devalues you as a person. It contributes to all kinds of harm against women. It's a big part of why Elizabeth Smart was kept captive as a sex slave, and she had to break free from "purity" thinking before she could escape.
Elizabeth Smart: Cultural Obsession With Purity Makes Rape Victims Feel “Worthless”

You are a fully valuable and wonderful person regardless of (deleted). End of story.

Yes, you had a 'messed up situation' when (deleted)(and when close family and friends failed to support you in getting out of that). You do not have a 'messed up situation' now. Now you are free to be in a loving, mutually respectful, healthy relationship.

You can have a wonderful life going forward. You deserve to have a wonderful life. Leaving (deleted) wasn't a mistake at all. It was the best thing you could do - and the sooner the better. The goodness of marrying a caring person now is unaffected by (deleted) in your past.

In Christ-

Papias

P. S. I've deleted stuff after seeing that you deleted stuff. Let me know if that is a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; good to see you; God bless His Word to you.

If you are getting married, you do need to be sure about it before God before you are united in marriage.

A daily Bible reading habit is a great blessing; John's Gospel is a wonderful book to get to know, and from which to learn much about the love of God in Christ.

Upvote 0

HayleyMarie

Jan 4, 2017
United States
✟15,335.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
P. S. I've deleted stuff after seeing that you deleted stuff. Let me know if that is a problem.

Thanks haha. I think your reply came at the right time because I think it was very nice and helped me feel a lot better. I will read that bit from Elizabeth Smart!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Papias
Upvote 0