europe
✟44,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi there, please pray for my mind. For anxiety, worldly thoughts and confusion in my faith. I studied theology at university and regret it sometimes as it makes you question everything. In fact you would nearly think it was designed to make you doubt your faith.

Thanks

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi there, please pray for my mind. For anxiety, worldly thoughts and confusion in my faith. I studied theology at university and regret it sometimes as it makes you question everything. In fact you would nearly think it was designed to make you doubt your faith.

Thanks
:heart: Praying, dear heart, that God, our Comforter, Healer, and the Giver of His peace, grants you wisdom, discernment, and clarity, and clears away all confusion, as He ministers to you as only He can. Father may it be so, in Jesus' name, amen (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Deeper99

Sep 23, 2018
europe
✟44,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:heart: Praying, dear heart, that God, our Comforter, Healer, and the Giver of His peace, grants you wisdom, discernment, and clarity, and clears away all confusion, as He ministers to you as only He can. Father may it be so, in Jesus' name, amen (((hug)))

Thank you so much for this lovely prayer ❤️

Reactions: Sage50
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When I am feeling anxious, or depressed, or whatever, this is what works for me every time…

As the Bible says, I come before the Lord with prayer and supplication and thanksgiving. In the thanksgiving I include Bible verses. For example I thank him that he promises to lift our heads when we feel bowed down. I thank him that he is the Lord of peace to us and wants us to be at peace.

Then I ask him to help me not to feel bad, not to feel anxious, to
feel lifted up, and at peace, and for whatever I need. And I go on.

The bad feelings generally don’t go away right on the spot. They are kind of like a headache that you have and then some time later you notice it’s gone. It might not even be until the next day sometimes. But it’s gone.

Now, for me personally, I certainly may get attacked with those negative feelings again maybe in a few days or maybe in a week. The devil doesn’t give up. But no problem. I just repeat the same process as above.

As for your training in biblical studies, there are a lot of people who feel that some seminaries and so on are actually preaching unbelief, and non-Biblical doctrines. I would pray for guidance and clarity on any issue.

I pray all these things for you too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deeper99
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
studied theology at university and regret it sometimes as it makes you question everything. In fact you would nearly think it was designed to make you doubt your faith.

Was it taught by conservative evangelical Christians, who believe that the bible is the words of God or by those who don't believe that?

There are nothing wrong with having doubts or questions,so long as you are looking for answers.

Two simple sites to look for answers are answers in genesis, yes a fundamental you g earth site, but they stand firmly on the authority and reliability of the bible. So the should be your first port of call for all your doubts etc.

A second web site is coldcasechristianity for a detectives reasoning on the accuracy and trustworthy Ness of the bible.

Anxiety, talk to your minister and doctor about what you are worrying about.

Worldly thoughts. As the bible says what ever is noble, what ever is rightous, what ever is right think about these things.

Last thought, if you are not prepared to change doubt and questions into certainty andanswersthen think about praising Jesus for what he has done for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deeper99
Upvote 0

Deeper99

Sep 23, 2018
europe
✟44,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was it taught by conservative evangelical Christians, who believe that the bible is the words of God or by those who don't believe that?

There are nothing wrong with having doubts or questions,so long as you are looking for answers.

Two simple sites to look for answers are answers in genesis, yes a fundamental you g earth site, but they stand firmly on the authority and reliability of the bible. So the should be your first port of call for all your doubts etc.

A second web site is coldcasechristianity for a detectives reasoning on the accuracy and trustworthy Ness of the bible.

Anxiety, talk to your minister and doctor about what you are worrying about.

Worldly thoughts. As the bible says what ever is noble, what ever is rightous, what ever is right think about these things.

Last thought, if you are not prepared to change doubt and questions into certainty andanswersthen think about praising Jesus for what he has done for you.

Thank you so much for your reply. ❤️ My degree was taught by people belonging to the Presbyterian denomination. I really believed in prophecy, healing and gifts like that but many people there didn’t seem to really hold to these beliefs. (They were closed to charismatic beliefs and now maybe they’re right I don’t know.) Answers in Genesis is really helpful I find.
Thank you again

Upvote 0

Deeper99

Sep 23, 2018
europe
✟44,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I am feeling anxious, or depressed, or whatever, this is what works for me every time…

As the Bible says, I come before the Lord with prayer and supplication and thanksgiving. In the thanksgiving I include Bible verses. For example I thank him that he promises to lift our heads when we feel bowed down. I thank him that he is the Lord of peace to us and wants us to be at peace.

Then I ask him to help me not to feel bad, not to feel anxious, to
feel lifted up, and at peace, and for whatever I need. And I go on.

The bad feelings generally don’t go away right on the spot. They are kind of like a headache that you have and then some time later you notice it’s gone. It might not even be until the next day sometimes. But it’s gone.

Now, for me personally, I certainly may get attacked with those negative feelings again maybe in a few days or maybe in a week. The devil doesn’t give up. But no problem. I just repeat the same process as above.

As for your training in biblical studies, there are a lot of people who feel that some seminaries and so on are actually preaching unbelief, and non-Biblical doctrines. I would pray for guidance and clarity on any issue.

I pray all these things for you too.

thank you so much ❤️

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums