• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Please pray for my parents

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Chrystal-J, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+3,473
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    My dad is still in the hospital with problems related to a small cancerous tumor and my mom is at home. The staff at the hospital said they should go into assisted living, but they won't hear of it. My sister came to stay for the month of February, but after she leaves, I don't know what's gonna happen. I said that I would bring out food once a week, but someone really needs to be with them everyday. I suggested home-caregivers and my sister is checking into that. Hopefully, my parents will agree to that. But, they are very stubborn and independent and tend to ignore you when you suggest stuff. Blah, it's just a stressful situation for me and my sister. Please pray that we are able to figure out how to help them and they are willing to accept that help.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+27,972
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Is there anyway in home care is an affordable option? Please try to discuss this situation privately with the doctor. You are sure to get options to look in to.

3. Chrystal-J

+3,473
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I think they could afford home care, just getting them to agree to it is the problem. Although, they did agree to a once a week housekeeper and a gardener. But, they really need a daily home health aid. They are being argumentative and stubborn and it's wearing my sister and myself down. :(

4. maintenance man

maintenance man Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,503
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I went through this same thing myself - it's extremely difficult. I'm praying for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Unworthy servant of God Supporter

+4,260
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My prayers for you and your parents and your whole family.

My family faced similar issues a few years ago before my parents reposed. It can certainly put some stress on the family! May the Lord comfort and strengthen you all and provide for their needs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,045
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Praying for you and your family.
    I think its the hardest thing of all for your parents to admit they need help because it is acknowledging they aren't independent any longer.
    Perhaps you could discuss it with them from the view that" they took care of you for so many years and now it is time for them to let you help them, so their lives would be easier for them and if they accept the home care it will enable them to stay in their own home together"?? Just a thought.
    It will probably take them a while to accept and hopefully their doctor can also back up you up.
    I pray they will understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  7. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Francis of Assisi Supporter

+8,722
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Been there Chrystal-J, take it one step at a time.

8. Chrystal-J

+3,473
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Thanks for the advise! My parents are super obsident. I tried to get them that "Life Alert" program so they could just push a button if they needed help. But, they refused. I think they don't want to admit they need help. It's really pushing my sister over the edge.
    I will tell them that if they accept home care, they can stay in their home longer.

Thanks to everyone for your support! I really appreciate it!

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Chrystal-J

+3,473
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Just wanted to thank you all again. I went to see my mom and she gave me an update on my dad (he's doing better). But, on the way home, I thought about all your posts and it made me feel less alone in this.

10. Michie

+27,972
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Anytime Chrystal. These situations are always so stressful. Continued prayers. *hugs*

11. Chrystal-J

+3,473
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Thanks Michie. I still worry about how my parents will do after my sister leaves. But, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

12. Michie

+27,972
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I know. It super stressful. Nobody wants to overstep but it’s a fine line. It can be exhausting.