May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, guys. So, this past Thanksgiving, my younger brother, George, ended his own life. He was 23. My request is for you to please lift my Mom up in prayer.

And, if folks are ok with it, please pray for my brother, too. I think the Catholic and Orthodox posters will be more ok with this in general, but if you guys could please pray for him, too, that would be great. Thank you.

Reeeeeeeeally not wanting to turn this into a debate about the worth or possibility of praying for the dead, so please don't go there. If you can do so, thank you, and if not, please pray for my Mom only. Thank you.

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Holy Spirit of Lord Jesus please give Gracia's mother your boundless and Peaceful heart to ease her from the grief of losing, and assure her that his son has rested beside You in peace now. in Jesus name amen.

Upvote 0

Sunshine21

Jan 26, 2018
United States
✟21,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh I am so sorry for your loss! That is painful. I am praying for you and your family. May you have healing. And I pray that God will give your mom a sign that your brother is with him happy in heaven and at peace to comfort her. I miss my loved ones and would love to have a sign.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just said a prayer but I'm about to log off. I pray at bedtime. I will pray again, this time for your whole family & not just George & your mom. This has got to be so hard on all of you. God be with each & every one of you.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just said a prayer but I'm about to log off. I pray at bedtime. I will pray again, this time for your whole family & not just George & your mom. This has got to be so hard on all of you. God be with each & every one of you.
Thank you, GB. God bless and reward you, and all of you, for your prayers. Thank you.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God our strength and our redeemer
you do not leave us in this life
nor abandon us in death.
Hear our prayer for those in despair,
when days are full of darkness
and the future empty of hope.
Renew in them your sustaining strength
for we believe that there is nothing in all creation
that can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.

amen

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dearest Lord,
We entrust George to your undying mercy and love.
While in this life, he felt much pain and found life difficult.
May you enfold him now with your love where no pain can find him, but rather your love can heal him.
Make him a Guardian Angel for those who struggle with life, for those who struggle to see you and the love that is around them.
Give him Lord, kind admittance to your Kingdom and bring comfort to his family
We ask this, as we ask all things, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Father in Heaven, it's so hard when we lose loved ones and suicide is especially painful leaving us with the question, "Could we have done anything to prevent it?" Please have mercy on Gracia's mother. We know that you are the God of all comfort so we ask that You will especially bless and comfort her grieving mother and assure her that you will one day wipe away all her tears. Let her feel an outpouring of love from her friends on earth. Bless her and all the family now and in the times ahead. Praying in Jesus' name, Amen. :heart::praying:

Christian God of all comfort 1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bless, O God of eternal life,
all who have died
by their own hand.
Grant them peace
from their inner turmoil
and the compassion of your love.
Comfort those who mourn
their loved ones.
Strengthen them to face the questions of pain,
the guilt and anger,
the irreparable loss.
Help us to reach out in love
to others who prefer death
to the choices of life
and to their families who grieve.
Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray for Gracia's Mom, that You will bless her with Your comfort, with inner spiritual strength, with illumination in how to trust in and rest upon You to be able to work through her grief and to walk in Your power upon this earth in peace, joy, and glorious purpose. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lozzymagoo

Mar 9, 2018
UK
✟16,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry Gracia. I'm sorry for what you are going through.

Let me pray for you...

Jesus Christ, our saviour, our strength, our shield and our comfort in suffering, I pray in your holy name that peace in abundance will be showered over this family in this season of grief and loss. I pray Jesus for Gracia. I pray you will give her strength, supernatural strength that will keep hopelessness at bay. I pray that your comfort through your Holy spirit, will come to Gracia. I pray Lord, that you will wrap your arms around her and hold her hand and bring her through this grief. I pray she will be a solid strength for her mother and her family. I pray you will minister to her mind and heal her heart. I pray that through this loss, you will take these ashes and give this family something beautiful.

Lord, I bring before you the mother of Gracia. I pray that you will heal her heart. I pray Jesus that with every day, new life will take root in her soul. I pray that you will shine your light upon her and I pray that even in the midst of grief, you will bring a new found joy. I pray that her focus will be on eternity and all you have for her and her family. I pray Lord that she will find comfort in knowing that you are the God of righteousness and justice and that you are the God of love.
I pray that any hidden pains inside her will be healed and I pray Lord that no matter how painful, depression will not take root. I pray that you will protect her mind and help her to grieve. Let your love lead her in all her days ahead and Lord, bless her with long life. In your mighty name Jesus Christ, Amen.

Lord, thank you for the precious soul of George. He was so young Jesus. You see the world Lord, you see the darkness here and you see how satan brings ruin to lives and to minds of people. I pray Jesus Christ, in your holy name, that you will have mercy on the soul of George. You know all about him. Thank you for him Jesus. May he rest with you and one day, may we stand next to him by the power of your unfailing love. In your name Yeshua, Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0