• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Please pray for my laptop to be fixed and for this situation to work out

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mtol117, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mtol117

Mtol117 New Member

+445
    Baptist
    Private
    My laptop screen no longer works, I cannot afford to fix it at the moment, it will be useable for a bit but then will start flickering and freezing. Please help pray for this to stop, it’s not something I can be dealing with right now

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,112
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I know this is the prayer section, but I just wanted to let you know that I Googled, "laptop screen flickers and freezes" and got several good hits on sites that offer advice on possible fixes to your problem. If the computer you're using now is working ok, you might want to check those sites out. Here's a good one: Laptop Screen flickers, then freezes then crashes. - HP Support Community - 6827603

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    God rarely subjects you to more than you can deal with and still keep from going insane.

4. Pop D.

Pop D. Member

+317
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Praying. Does it have any video out ports (like HDMI)? If so, maybe you could try plugging it in to something, if practical.

5. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,112
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That's right! Plug an HDMI cable into the port in the side of the laptop, and the other end into a monitor, or a TV that has an HDMI port. Then select the proper input on the TV to use the TV as your monitor.

6. Matt Yeomans

Matt Yeomans Member

+86
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Have you looked into a used replacement panel? They're typically pretty easy to install, and cheap on eBay.

7. Joy

Joy Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,838
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  8. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Angels Team Supporter

+3,397
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Technology. Got to love it. Sorry it is giving you a rough time and you are frustrated by it. I'll pray for you!

9. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc We are saved purely by the work and grace of God. Supporter

+3,332
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    I don't know a whole lot about laptops but it sounds to me like your LCD display (Screen) is busted. If that's the case it would be cheaper to buy a new used laptop than to get the screen fixed (Laptop screens are $100-$200 depending on the laptop plus labor) and you can easily get a used laptop on Ebay for the same price range. My dad has gotten used laptops on Facebook for $60-$80 before. Unless your laptop was super expensive this is what I would personally recommend. If it was super expensive than take it to a repair shop when you get the money.

First though if your laptop has an HDMI port like was suggested try hooking it up that way. If it doesn't or if you dont have a LCD monitor to hook it up to, than I would highly suspect your screen is to blame.

Is there anyway you can get your laptop looked at for cheap or free?

10. William J

William J Member Supporter

+270
    United States
    Wesleyan
    Single
    I pray that God would provide a working computer screen for you in some way.

11. Vince53

Vince53 Junior Member

+258
    Mexico
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm praying for you, Buddy? How are things working out?