Please Pray for my Family!

CRSTL13

Dec 28, 2013
✟15,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi there! First and foremost, I chose to post a prayer request on this wall for my family. We are and have been followers of Christ for a while!

My wife runs an in-home daycare where she babysits for our two good friends' children who are 7 months old and 2.5 years old. We also have an 11 month old and a 3 year old. My wife is 29 years old and has been in childcare her whole life and hasn't even had the slightest negative occurrence happen. Last week, my wife woke up our friends' 7 month old to feed him, fed him on our couch, and then placed him on the floor with some toys while she went into the kitchen to wash some bottles out. Our living room and kitchen are approximately 8 feet away from each other as we live in a condo. During this couple of minute time span, the baby started screaming hysterically and my wife went over to see what was wrong and checked the baby over, but couldn't find anything. The baby continued to be in pain and so my wife called the baby's mom who works nearby who eventually arrived at our house. She stayed for a while to try to calm the baby down and she also didn't have much luck. Thinking the baby was either sick or teething, she took the baby home. They ended up taking the baby to the hospital later that night and it was found out that he had a broken arm.

Per standard protocol, DHS opened up an investigation and that is where we stand in the process. We have never been through this before and don't know what to expect. We know God is in control of our future, but we also question why this had to happen and what God's will is telling us. There exits the possibility that my wife could be criminally charged with something depending on DHS' report. We are a lower-middle class family so coupled with the anxiety of my wife not having a job anymore, there exists the possibility of all the costs associated with the legal system. If she is charged, we are absolutely going to fight it. I have been in contact with my friend and he absolutely acknowledges that he knows my wife would never do anything to harm a child, but it's all dependent on what.

Please pray for guidance. Spiritual warfare is all too real. We know God is in Control but what is the Lord telling us if my wife gets charged with a crime? We have two young kids of our own and this would be devastating.

Thanks all!

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there! First and foremost, I chose to post a prayer request on this wall for my family. We are and have been followers of Christ for a while!

My wife runs an in-home daycare where she babysits for our two good friends' children who are 7 months old and 2.5 years old. We also have an 11 month old and a 3 year old. My wife is 29 years old and has been in childcare her whole life and hasn't even had the slightest negative occurrence happen. Last week, my wife woke up our friends' 7 month old to feed him, fed him on our couch, and then placed him on the floor with some toys while she went into the kitchen to wash some bottles out. Our living room and kitchen are approximately 8 feet away from each other as we live in a condo. During this couple of minute time span, the baby started screaming hysterically and my wife went over to see what was wrong and checked the baby over, but couldn't find anything. The baby continued to be in pain and so my wife called the baby's mom who works nearby who eventually arrived at our house. She stayed for a while to try to calm the baby down and she also didn't have much luck. Thinking the baby was either sick or teething, she took the baby home. They ended up taking the baby to the hospital later that night and it was found out that he had a broken arm.

Per standard protocol, DHS opened up an investigation and that is where we stand in the process. We have never been through this before and don't know what to expect. We know God is in control of our future, but we also question why this had to happen and what God's will is telling us. There exits the possibility that my wife could be criminally charged with something depending on DHS' report. We are a lower-middle class family so coupled with the anxiety of my wife not having a job anymore, there exists the possibility of all the costs associated with the legal system. If she is charged, we are absolutely going to fight it. I have been in contact with my friend and he absolutely acknowledges that he knows my wife would never do anything to harm a child, but it's all dependent on what.

Please pray for guidance. Spiritual warfare is all too real. We know God is in Control but what is the Lord telling us if my wife gets charged with a crime? We have two young kids of our own and this would be devastating.

Thanks all!

The secret to all business success is dealing with problems and solving them.
Make plans to how you will fix this problem on the other side.
Constant video monitoring is a good solution for high liability situations.
Dashboard camera/recorders are pretty cheap nowadays.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

CRSTL13

Dec 28, 2013
✟15,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Engaged
How did she know that baby was in pain before calling his mother? How could people not know that his arm was broken for so long? You are so concerned about your family in this - and the future of it, but you didn't even ask us to pray for the child that was hurt. You were engaged back in 2013 when you joined this forum? You told us that your wife checked the baby over before she called his mom.

You are very correct. I have been making it a point in every other person I tell to first and foremost pray for the baby. I apologize if I sounded selfish in that regard. She knew the baby was in pain because he was crying hysterically. Not the normal cry, but a cry of pain. The baby didn't appear to be favoring any arm or anything of the sort and literally nothing looked wrong. I was married in June 2014. Yes, my wife checked the baby over to observe any bumps/bruises after the baby started crying, and didn't see anything.

• Informative
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0