✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone

Please pray for my brother and my family. My brother has a really nasty drug habit that has landed my parents into thousands of pounds worth of debt. He's turning 29 this year and has a child, but he and my nephews mother are no longer together. Most of the time when he has his son over he doesn't touch drugs, but when he's in close proximity to drugs even having his son around can't control the urge to take the drugs.

He's a good person inside, but when he was in school he got bullied and ended up getting in with the wrong crowd and "toughened up" because he thought that was the only way for it to stop. He has a heart of gold and would do anything for you if you needed it, but he's ripping our family apart and i'm not sure how much my mom can take before she mentally breaks. She's had to take out loans for him to get out of trouble with drug dealers and loan companies (which he used to fund his habit) and my dad doesn't know because she was too scared of what he'd do if she told him.

He knows he has a problem, but I think he treats it as an escape. I think he feels that he hasn't much to live for because he has no control over his life or his habit. We've suggested rehabilitation of some sort but he always dismisses it.

Tonight he has been out on drugs and he was telling me how he had an altercation with two other guys and they pulled a big knife out on him (all drug related). I'm scared that one day he will come back to us dead. Every time he leaves the house i'm worried something will happen to him. He doesn't even care about his own life. When he was talking about what had happened tonight with the knife to his neck he told me he was goading them to prove he wasn't scared.

I know he isn't mentally well. For years now he's had a lot of dark thoughts. He is obsessed with gang culture and thinks it's cool. He even at one point was fascinated with satanic cults. I can't even believe i'm saying this, usually whenever you hear others saying they know people who are involved with satanism and the occult I think they're just being over dramatic, but he's openly stated all of this. Maybe it's to shock me because he knows i'm very religious, or maybe it's true, I don't know. But it's certain that he is in the grips of Satan.

I don't know what to do about this to be honest. We have considered kicking him out the house, but then my mom would be lumbered with debts that she can't pay off because of him, but he's a fully grown man and if we told him he can't go out and do drugs he'd probably just go anyway. I can't even begin to tell you about all the drama he's brought home with him over the years.

He and my entire family need some serious prayers if we are ever to get out of this mess. All your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like something far beyond what average people can help with Lord. But nothing is too hard for You. You fight evil, Lord, so we ask You to fight on this one's behalf. When You fight for something, You win. You are not too busy, or anything else that would prevent You from answering those that seriously want Your help, so we pray on behalf of this entire family that You will enter into the picture mightily, and not just let Satan or sin or human nature have their own ways. Amen.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

Please pray for my brother and my family. My brother has a really nasty drug habit that has landed my parents into thousands of pounds worth of debt. He's turning 29 this year and has a child, but he and my nephews mother are no longer together. Most of the time when he has his son over he doesn't touch drugs, but when he's in close proximity to drugs even having his son around can't control the urge to take the drugs.

He's a good person inside, but when he was in school he got bullied and ended up getting in with the wrong crowd and "toughened up" because he thought that was the only way for it to stop. He has a heart of gold and would do anything for you if you needed it, but he's ripping our family apart and i'm not sure how much my mom can take before she mentally breaks. She's had to take out loans for him to get out of trouble with drug dealers and loan companies (which he used to fund his habit) and my dad doesn't know because she was too scared of what he'd do if she told him.

He knows he has a problem, but I think he treats it as an escape. I think he feels that he hasn't much to live for because he has no control over his life or his habit. We've suggested rehabilitation of some sort but he always dismisses it.

Tonight he has been out on drugs and he was telling me how he had an altercation with two other guys and they pulled a big knife out on him (all drug related). I'm scared that one day he will come back to us dead. Every time he leaves the house i'm worried something will happen to him. He doesn't even care about his own life. When he was talking about what had happened tonight with the knife to his neck he told me he was goading them to prove he wasn't scared.

I know he isn't mentally well. For years now he's had a lot of dark thoughts. He is obsessed with gang culture and thinks it's cool. He even at one point was fascinated with satanic cults. I can't even believe i'm saying this, usually whenever you hear others saying they know people who are involved with satanism and the occult I think they're just being over dramatic, but he's openly stated all of this. Maybe it's to shock me because he knows i'm very religious, or maybe it's true, I don't know. But it's certain that he is in the grips of Satan.

I don't know what to do about this to be honest. We have considered kicking him out the house, but then my mom would be lumbered with debts that she can't pay off because of him, but he's a fully grown man and if we told him he can't go out and do drugs he'd probably just go anyway. I can't even begin to tell you about all the drama he's brought home with him over the years.

He and my entire family need some serious prayers if we are ever to get out of this mess. All your prayers are greatly appreciated.
I am so sorry to be reading about all this tragedy in your family affecting not only your brother, but as you say yourself, so many close to him. It can be so scary to watch (and that is about all you can do is watch) a loved one throwing away their life on drugs. I will pray for all of you and you pray to the Lord to give you strength for the journey and to be given words to speak which may somehow reach your brother. If he's had a Christian upbringing or knows the Gospel he has to be reminded of these teachings. When he is in a wicked mood or drug craving try reaching him with Biblical rebukes (words provided by God). While he is in a gentle mood...not craving...try reminding him of God's love and mercy and forgiveness...which you must remind him all require him to ask God's forgiveness and to make efforts to reform (he too needs to be urged to pray for God's help...tell him, even if you think he'll reject it, and tell him even if he only half believes God will come to his aid that he should try to pray for help. Remind him that God works in many ways and with different response times. There are many things that can be said but it usually doesn't seem so at the time...ask God to help you in all these needs...the ability to seize the moment and at the right time.
Turning your brother out may lead him into more desperate situations driving him to do desperate things so I believe you would want to give the Gospel talks a try first so at least if in the end you do have to ask him to leave you know you planted or revived a seed. There is probably a dormant faith in him if he was raised Christian and reviving him somewhat may well activate that and work on his conscience. Not everyone lets you know when you are reaching them so do not give up.
I will pray.
Stay strong!

Upvote 0