Dec 8, 2007
✟827,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers, Gail and myself really appreciate knowing that the community here is praying.

I'm not scared of the process, a little nervous of course, I've never spent a day in the hospital for myself in my 61 years. I have no clue on what it's like.

My biggest fear is losing hope and giving into desperation.

Right now I'm linking my anxiety with Christ in Gethsemane.

Father let this cup pass from me, but not my will, yours be done.

I'll know more tomorrow after my wife and myself meet with the surgeon.
Luckily, my wife was a nurse and can translate for me. :D

Thanks again!

God Bless You All
Jim

Jim, you and Gail are blessed with a strong faith in Christ; may you both be strengthend and comforted through this faith that you share, and may our Lord, according to His Will send you healing and comfort!

You both are in my prayers:crossrc::crossrc::prayer::prayer::crossrc::crossrc:

Mark

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Love me or Hate me, You'll never forget me...
Apr 20, 2013
The Hearts of My Loved Ones
✟138,312.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You never have to thank us Jim...we're all brothers and sisters, that's what we do...look out for each other, no matter what...

I admire that you tell people everything head on...no sugar coating...you say what needs to be said whether the person wants to hear it or not...tough love my brother...it's nice to have people like you...we need more...

Staying in the hospital isn't so bad...you feel like a rich person lol...they bring everything to you, you get to relax, prop your feet up, watch tv...

And surgery, pffft, no biggie...I've had 2 for groin hernias...when they give ya that sleepy shot, count back from 100....I got to 82...by force lol...then you shut your eyes, open them back up and you're done...it really is THAT fast...FEELS like 1 second...

And IF you feel desperation, remember, there is one above that knows EVERYTHING you're going through...lean on Him...and remember Gail...dude, where would us guys be without our awesome wives? IMO, women truly are the superior race...borrow strength from her...I know she'll freely give it...

Maybe you'll get a dietician to get ya on some awesome foods...for any type of cancer, try Turmeric...it's like the #1 Cancer destroyer....and it's yummy on foods...there are quite a bit of good foods that screw that cancer up...check into them...

*HUGS* big brother...:)

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Jim has helped me so much on this sub-forum despite my brief time here. He has, along with the wonderful people around here, helped me make peace with my Catholic faith, despite my doubts and struggles. Even if I made rushed and irrational judgments (especially about our Blessed Mary), he still answered my opinions with utmost care and politeness, guiding me in the right direction. I still haven't replied to many of his posts to me, but I am so grateful...so grateful...

It pains my heart to hear about the horrible occurrence that has befallen him. As he has helped pull me back on my feet regarding my faith, may the Lord have mercy on him...may the Lord recognize Jim's kind acts, including the ones towards me.

I pray that the Lord, Gail, will watch over you and Jim, and provide you both with the strength to push through this ordeal :crossrc:

Lord Your will be done, Your will be done...

I will offer my Breviary intentions this week for his healing.

Well Jim, given that your health has been so good throughout your life can only be a good thing and will be in your favour as the treatment process commences.

You're also blessed with a great person at your side. Gail's experience and companionship is yet more, abundant, entrants on the credit side of the account.

You also have a stubborn streak, which I've noted with chagrin at times in conversation :D Make every use of this quality in the coming weeks...:)

I pray God will grant grace and healing.

Lord have mercy.

Jim, you and Gail are blessed with a strong faith in Christ; may you both be strengthend and comforted through this faith that you share, and may our Lord, according to His Will send you healing and comfort!

You both are in my prayers:crossrc::crossrc::prayer::prayer::crossrc::crossrc:

Mark

You are all such a blessing to us ~ God bless YOU :crossrc:

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Friends ~
It is with a sad heart, that I ask you to pray for my beloved hubby of 40 years ♥ JimR-OCDS ♥ , who was told this week that he has colon cancer :(

He needs surgery to remove a large polyp/tumor, and we will know more details after we see the surgeon on Monday re: stage/surgery date/treatment options/prognosis.

Tuesday he will have a CT Scan to see if it has spread to other organs.

Today before Mass, he will be receiving the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.

Please join me in praying for Jim's healing, as well as for the grace to embrace the Lord's will, and His blessing on every need Jim will have of body, mind, and spirit :crossrc:

I will update you as I know more ~

We thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers ~ God bless you :hug:

I am so sorry to have just read this. I will of course pray for Jim and you.
Lord Jesus, I pray for healing and restoration for Jim . I pray Lord that his cancer will be dealt with by good doctors and that his cancer will be brought into remission.

Lord I pray for Servant of Merciful Love who is the wife of Jim. I pray Lord that you will comfort and strengthen her. Lord I pray that you will send your Angels to watch over them and their healers.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh man, Jim.... I am really sorry. I hope and pray, ask the Lord to not have this turn out badly. I'll keep you in my prayers. and you too Gail.
:hug:
I am so sorry to have just read this. I will of course pray for Jim and you.
Lord Jesus, I pray for healing and restoration for Jim . I pray Lord that his cancer will be dealt with by good doctors and that his cancer will be brought into remission.

Lord I pray for Servant of Merciful Love who is the wife of Jim. I pray Lord that you will comfort and strengthen her. Lord I pray that you will send your Angels to watch over them and their healers.
:amen:
I am so sorry about this sad news :( I will keep you both in my prayers :prayer:

My father had colon cancer about two years ago and had a large section of his bowel removed and an ileostomy that was later reversed. He has made a good recovery.
:hug:Thank you for the encouraging news :thumbsup:

God bless you all for your prayers and support :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EDB

Still crazy after all these years !
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2005
The Villages
✟51,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jim & Gail,

I will be praying for you both. May God hold you both in the palm of His hand and give you His infinite comfort and peace. May our blessed mother Mary cover you both with the mantle of her prayers!

God bless,
Edie

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We saw the surgeon today; he said from the preliminary reports, it is not early stage... but not late stage cancer either, so that gives him good odds.

When he examined him it seemed it had NOT attached itself to the abdominal wall.

The colonoscopy doc left a message to say the blood work was fine.
The surgeon said he expected Jim was tested for cancer markers (?signs of it being in his system)....so that's another good sign, though he said not 100% conclusive!

He will have the CT Scan tomorrow which will show if it has spread to other organs.
The surgeon will see us Thursday to go over the results.

The surgery will require an abdominal incision, and resection of the bowel (NO colostomy) :clap:
Surgery be scheduled Thursday at our visit for @ mid July
A specialized biopsy will be done then to stage the cancer and check the lymph nodes.
Those test results will determine the need for chemo.

Please keep praying ~

Thank you and God bless :crossrc:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
For you both , Jim and Gail .

[SIZE=+1]You are mine,O my child,
I am your Father,
and I love you with a perfect love.[/SIZE]

Marilla Ness - Do not be afraid. - YouTube
Beautiful ~ thank you :hug:

I listened to it before we left to see the surgeon today :pray:

I still have Jim in my prayers .... please keep us posted on things.

Continued prayers ...

I wish you a refuah shlema.

I googled your prayer ;)
May the One who was a source of blessing for our ancestors, bring blessings of healing upon (recite the English and Hebrew name), a healing of body and a healing of spirit. May those in whose care they are entrusted, be gifted with wisdom and skill, and those who surround them, be gifted with love and trust, openness and support in their care. And may they be healed along with all those who are in need. Blessed are You, Source of healing. Amen.
:thumbsup: :amen: :crossrc:
Jim & Gail,

I will be praying for you both. May God hold you both in the palm of His hand and give you His infinite comfort and peace. May our blessed mother Mary cover you both with the mantle of her prayers!

God bless,
Edie

Praying for you and Jim, dear heart (((hug)))
Thank you both :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,696.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for the update Gail :)

It must have been pretty scary for both of you today and taken a lot of nervous energy out of you.

Some very positive feedback from the Doc and it sounds like a plan of action is well underway. :thumbsup:

Rest up and try to relax until Thursday. It sounds like those cancer cells are in for the shock of their lives very soon...:hug:

:prayer:

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Take comfort and courage, God will not leave you nor abandon you

Be Not Afraid by Bob Dufford - Saint Louis Jesuits: with lyrics - YouTube

Dear Lord, bless the hands that touch, the eyes, the see, the minds that consult and examine, and the one who is in need and whom all these other serve through Christ our Lord to the glory of the Father in the love and fellowship of the Holy Spirit.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the update Gail :)

It must have been pretty scary for both of you today and taken a lot of nervous energy out of you.

Some very positive feedback from the Doc and it sounds like a plan of action is well underway. :thumbsup:

Rest up and try to relax until Thursday. It sounds like those cancer cells are in for the shock of their lives very soon...:hug:

:prayer:
You are right on that count ...It is draining :p
To beat all we had to wait over an hour because the surgeon had emergency surgeries, but he took his time talking with us and was very thorough! (We have been to him before for minor things, so that helps).

Tomorrow will be busy with the scan , but we are resting as best we can.

Yup...the Lord's plan is at work and we are in good Hands :angel: :hug:

bless yer heart, thank you for the update, Gail....continuing to pray (((hug)))

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private