Please pray for my 14 year old son to find healing and salvation.

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I grew up with mental health problems myself, and this turned into frequent visits to mental institutions and a more and more heavy drug-abuse when I was no longer allowed to be a parent for my son. Now gladly he don't live far away, but my brother, my sister in law and 4 nieces have introduced him to a normal, healthy family, but he is struggling terribly, is only 14, but seem filled with dark thoughts, OCD and depression and anxiety it seems like, things I feel I recognize from what I used to live with myself as a teenager, about feeling ugly, about being only bad, having no good abilities, even if he's a very good boy and very kind, still he have no friends, and don't seem to see any meaning in anything, but talk a lot about the meaninglessness of death, that we live such a short time on earth and then we die and that's it - is what he think is true, even if I've tried to talk about Jesus, generally I guess my opinion don't bear much weight, since I don't do so well in life myself and only recently managed to stop using drugs, but still are struggling with many things. I wish I could be a normal parent, and have what I needed to teach him how to deal with life. It was a fervent wish for me, that whatever happened, I only wished he wouldn't ever have to struggle with mental health issues like I've had to do, but it seems he will have to walk through many hard trials in life himself.

So please pray for my son. He's the only one I have and will ever have, and I wish so deeply for him to just enjoy life, to find faith in Jesus and not having to live with such dark thoughts as it seems like he do now. Pray all you can, that he will become a great man of God, and inspire others to seek and find the truth in time. To get friends, to find love, to live a life he can enjoy. I wish I could take what hurts him and instead carry it myself, but I can't. Only Jesus can. Pray for us. I beg all of you sisters and brothers, to find compassion for this child.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Father, we pray for this son to receive hope and ministry by the Holy Spirit. That he would find Jesus and realize his need for God That you would heal him of any mental health issues and surround him with your love and grace. We ask that the windows of heaven open and that he be touched by your power. We pray that your hand is on Alv V's life as well. That you are working to bring about healing and restoration. That they may have a revelation of your love and know the vastness of it, especially in the area of their greatest need. In Jesus name, God bless.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying including asking Yahweh to remove the blinders from his mind and let him see the wonderful news of Christ.
. "...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, help Alv's son to find a purpose and peace in his life. Reveal Your love to him, bring him salvation, and a new hope that there is more to life than what he is able to see right now. Use him for Your Service to help others. Give him healing for his fractured emotions and bring in a new light into his life, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I grew up with mental health problems myself, and this turned into frequent visits to mental institutions and a more and more heavy drug-abuse when I was no longer allowed to be a parent for my son. Now gladly he don't live far away, but my brother, my sister in law and 4 nieces have introduced him to a normal, healthy family, but he is struggling terribly, is only 14, but seem filled with dark thoughts, OCD and depression and anxiety it seems like, things I feel I recognize from what I used to live with myself as a teenager, about feeling ugly, about being only bad, having no good abilities, even if he's a very good boy and very kind, still he have no friends, and don't seem to see any meaning in anything, but talk a lot about the meaninglessness of death, that we live such a short time on earth and then we die and that's it - is what he think is true, even if I've tried to talk about Jesus, generally I guess my opinion don't bear much weight, since I don't do so well in life myself and only recently managed to stop using drugs, but still are struggling with many things. I wish I could be a normal parent, and have what I needed to teach him how to deal with life. It was a fervent wish for me, that whatever happened, I only wished he wouldn't ever have to struggle with mental health issues like I've had to do, but it seems he will have to walk through many hard trials in life himself.

So please pray for my son. He's the only one I have and will ever have, and I wish so deeply for him to just enjoy life, to find faith in Jesus and not having to live with such dark thoughts as it seems like he do now. Pray all you can, that he will become a great man of God, and inspire others to seek and find the truth in time. To get friends, to find love, to live a life he can enjoy. I wish I could take what hurts him and instead carry it myself, but I can't. Only Jesus can. Pray for us. I beg all of you sisters and brothers, to find compassion for this child.
I

Is he born again? I ask because of he knows Jesus He can use the scriptures to help him fight these thoughts. I would also pray for him to get some help from a professional. I struggle with OCD, anxiety and other diagnoses and I find medication and therapy to be a great help also. and being part of a supportive church that teaches us the transforming love of
Jesus and Jesus finished work for us

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟162,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord do some miracles in Alv Vatzdal's son. That he may know the love of Christ at a young age and find real purpose in life. That Alv would be a good witness to him and he may see positive changes in his father and want the same. In Jesus name, Amen.

Reactions: Elfkind
Upvote 0

Brenda Blakely

Apr 26, 2019
Portland
✟21,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God I pray for this family. I thank you for this wonderful person that You have brought thru many difficult times. I thank You for the strength You have given them to hold on. I thank You for this precious son that you have given to them and allowed them to bring into the world. I pray that each of them will know Your love and be able to rest in it. I pray that You will renew their minds and help them to be able to keep You in their thoughts. I pray that they will be wrapped in Your love as a blanket and shield around them and that You will water their parched spirits. I pray that they will be able to receive all that You have prepared for them and live in the fullness of Your plan for their lives. I pray that You will put a song in their hearts to praise You and rejoice in their lives. I pray that You will supply all their needs and they will know, without doubt, that nothing is too big for You, God of creation. I pray that they will know that just as you brought Light out of darkness, You will bring Light into their lives. In the name of Jesus, Thank You and Amen

Alv here is a list of numbers you can call to talk with someone who can help you find resources for helping you. I continue to pray for you and your son. God bless you.

Upvote 0

ZaneHe

Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
College Station
✟75,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for @Alv Vatzdal and her son. Please save @Alv Vatzdal from drug abuse and send peace and hope to her son. Let him get close to You and feel the love from You. All glory to You, our dear God. I pray in our Savior Jesus name, Amen!

Upvote 0