• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please Pray for Me

Shawb

Mar 13, 2017
Connecticut
✟31,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello All

I’ve been having a really rough time with my thoughts. They keep telling me to do things I don’t want to do, that every time I pray it says that God isn’t listening, or saying blasphemous things like God isn’t there. Though I combat these thoughts and they typically subside by telling them truth. But sometimes I feel that the thoughts are going to get to me or convince me of things that are not true. Sometimes the thoughts make me feel inauthentic as a Christian. May I please ask for prayer from you?

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello All

I’ve been having a really rough time with my thoughts. They keep telling me to do things I don’t want to do, that every time I pray it says that God isn’t listening, or saying blasphemous things like God isn’t there. Though I combat these thoughts and they typically subside by telling them truth. But sometimes I feel that the thoughts are going to get to me or convince me of things that are not true. Sometimes the thoughts make me feel inauthentic as a Christian. May I please ask for prayer from you?

Just so you know this is part of everyone’s growth in Christ. Continue to feed your personal relationship with Christ and when you come out of the valley you will be amazed at how much growth has happened. Just remember to maintain your faith till the day dawns and the day spring rises in your heart and you see like you’ve never seen before. Which will happen in Gods time, till than were told to “fight the good fight”

Yours in Christ, Not me

Reactions: Shawb
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello All

It would sound to me like these thoughts are coming from Satan. You should neither talk to, nor listen to, Satan.

Upvote 0

Gingerine

Nov 18, 2016
il
✟24,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello All

Of course I will pray for you!
I have similar problems with my thoughts, they can be really hard to deal with especially if you aren't sure where they're coming from. But as hard as it is to do, I've come up with little instructional sentences that help me with most of my I thoughts "Resist the urge to argue with the thoughts, Pray, breathe and know that God knows your heart even if you feel like you don't. Faith in God is a choice not a feeling." I found that when I ignored the thoughts they subsided more than not.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What Gingerine said! When you have OCD, trying to "combat" the thoughts works the opposite way, and your brain tends to send you more. That's because it's only sending the thoughts because it knows they bother you. If you persist in ignoring them (which is really hard to do!), they eventually go away. OCD is primarily a physical problem, not a spiritual one. There is nothing wrong with you, it's just that your brain is a little glitchy when it comes to processing thoughts (and so is mine!). If you need more help, feel free to ask. Not sure if you know how to use ERP for other obsessions, but the same applies with this one.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; here's a great verse: Philippians 4.8. :) "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Hebrews 9.14 speaks of the conscience being purged by the blood of Christ Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God.

Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0