• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please pray for me

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome. God bless you. All glory to the LORD.
Thank you for your post. I appreciate your prayers. I have ocd and I struggle with intrusive thoughts and it can be hard for me to pray for some reason, I really do love the Lord God and I love Jesus Christ. I take medication for my ocd and it helps a lot but I still struggle to pray. I pray everyday and I really appreciate your prayers. God bless you and Jesus is Lord. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let you know about my life a little bit.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your post. I appreciate your prayers. I have ocd and I struggle with intrusive thoughts and it can be hard for me to pray for some reason, I really do love the Lord God and I love Jesus Christ. I take medication for my ocd and it helps a lot but I still struggle to pray. I pray everyday and I really appreciate your prayers. God bless you and Jesus is Lord. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let you know about my life a little bit.
Amen. God knows our prayers and needs before even we know our needs and the LORD provides for his people. The Holy Spirit will help us pray too. God bless you. I'll pray for you too. Jesus is KING. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Please pray that I will rest in Jesus Christ for my salvation. I struggle with that sometimes. God bless you all and thank you. Jesus is Lord

I am praying for you! I also have OCD and can understand your struggles on many, many levels. I believe the key for us is to trust God even when the waters are deep. One thing, I like to pray whenever I am weak is for the growing faith of Abraham. That when I am weak God will carry me. I am convinced that we can get through ALL things through Christ who strengthens us.

What seems impossible to man is not impossible for God. Even when we can't see the way out...or we feel we have fallen too far with OCD...it is a LIE. God is in control. Jesus is love. I know my mind with OCD often brings up my worst fears, twists, and distorts them. This can be in the form of intrusive thoughts, worries, fears, etc. No matter how DEEP the waters are God's love is greater.

Jesus is holding you in the palm of his hand. Rest in Him, the great I AM. I often pray Lord, any thought that comes against you today is not something I want. Please forgive me, and help me move forward in You. Whatever you are facing Jesus is greater....and, always remember you are not alone. There are many of us facing the same struggles.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 ESV
Matthew 11:28; Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

If you ever need someone to to talk to feel free to message me. You can get through this with Christ.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am praying for you! I also have OCD and can understand your struggles on many, many levels. I believe the key for us is to trust God even when the waters are deep. One thing, I like to pray whenever I am weak is for the growing faith of Abraham. That when I am weak God will carry me. I am convinced that we can get through ALL things through Christ who strengthens us.

What seems impossible to man is not impossible for God. Even when we can't see the way out...or we feel we have fallen too far with OCD...it is a LIE. God is in control. Jesus is love. I know my mind with OCD often brings up my worst fears, twists, and distorts them. This can be in the form of intrusive thoughts, worries, fears, etc. No matter how DEEP the waters are God's love is greater.

Jesus is holding you in the palm of his hand. Rest in Him, the great I AM. I often pray Lord, any thought that comes against you today is not something I want. Please forgive me, and help me move forward in You. Whatever you are facing Jesus is greater....and, always remember you are not alone. There are many of us facing the same struggles.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 ESV
Matthew 11:28; Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

If you ever need someone to to talk to feel free to message me. You can get through this with Christ.
Thank you very very much for your reply, I need to rest in Jesus and I will try to focus on Jesus more. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen. God knows our prayers and needs before even we know our needs and the LORD provides for his people. The Holy Spirit will help us pray too. God bless you. I'll pray for you too. Jesus is KING. Hallelujah!
Thank you, may God bless you and may His will be done in Jesus's name amen.

• Friendly
Upvote 0