Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I feel like my mental health and anxiety is spiraling out of control. I have several panic attacks per week (this has been going on for a few months).

Please pray that I will find guidance and relief.

Somedays I cannot even pray because my mind won't let me :(

God Bless

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gently ... I understand that some denominations teach people to pray in this way. But CF rules do not allow attempts to deal with demons through the forum, and this is the Orthodox forum (which posters may not realize) ... we have our own prayers and methods for dealing with demons.

I think the less said on the topic in this thread, the better. If one wants to discuss, a new thread would be a better place.

Continued prayers for the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON
Please take a moment to review the Statement of Purpose (SOP) for this forum.

Members who are not Eastern Orthodox Christians should not teach or debate in this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I feel like my mental health and anxiety is spiraling out of control. I have several panic attacks per week (this has been going on for a few months).

Please pray that I will find guidance and relief.

Somedays I cannot even pray because my mind won't let me :(

God Bless
Do you have a prayer rope? Sometimes it can help, especially if all we can say at the moment is Lord have mercy, or the Jesus prayer. God know our heart, and I believe He recognizes our prayers, even if we may not be able to fully articulate it at the moment.

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON
This thread has undergone a cleanup. The posts of several members who are not Orthodox, which amounted to debating or teaching in this forum, were removed.

Please take a moment to review the Statement of Purpose (SOP) for this forum.

Members who are not Eastern Orthodox Christians should not teach or debate in this forum.

Also, please be aware:

POSTS WHICH SEEK TO EXORCISE OR BIND DEMONS ARE PROHIBITED ON ALL PUBLIC FORUMS ON CF.COM

You may say such prayers privately,
but do not make "exorcism posts."

Respect the faith traditions of other members!

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm Catholic and I have several prayer ropes :)

I also know a couple of Orthodox people who do actually use rosaries as prayer ropes :)
Hehe, true, we don't have the prayer rope police and rosary police, making sure only Orthodox use one and Protestants the other. I know of various Protestants who use one or the other as well! ;)

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your prayers! It is greatly appreciated! :)

All4Christ- I do not own a prayer rope, no. (I am also not Orthodox- I am Roman Catholic).
Yes, I know you are Catholic :)

As Anhelyna said though, some Catholics do have them. I still recommend it though!

I was among those that used a rosary someone gave me for the Jesus Prayer before I got a prayer rope. You could pray the prayer with that as well.

Continued prayers!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The nice thing about a prayer rope or rosary is that it's something physical to hold in your hand, it can help get your mind off your anxiety.

I get anxious pretty easily. It's important to remember to breath correctly. Take a few minutes a few times a day and just practice breathing slowly from your belly. When you get anxious you will tend to breath shallow and use more of your chest muscles, and that will in turn make you feel stressed. Practicing this a few times a day will help make it a habit all the time, it's called entrainment. If you are going around breathing wrong all the time, it will be a habit when things fall apart and you get stressed.

Reactions: fragilewingz
Upvote 0