Please pray for me to work the will of the Holy Spirit, and to be at peace :)

EllyGrace7

Jul 30, 2017
Melbourne
Visit site
✟9,412.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
For a few months I found myself to be very unfocused on God... I prayed yes, but I was indulging far too much in the world. I even forgot to read my bible... I ask that anyone who has time to spare, pray for me? I want to be the best that I can be for God... After all, without Him I'd still be caught up in depression and all manners of illnesses :( Please pray for me to overcome the wiles of the enemy, and to stay on the God-ordained path the Lord has laid out for me...

Thank you all so much...

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
For a few months I found myself to be very unfocused on God... I prayed yes, but I was indulging far too much in the world. I even forgot to read my bible... I ask that anyone who has time to spare, pray for me? I want to be the best that I can be for God... After all, without Him I'd still be caught up in depression and all manners of illnesses :( Please pray for me to overcome the wiles of the enemy, and to stay on the God-ordained path the Lord has laid out for me...

Thank you all so much...
"Peace I give unto you. My peace I give unto you. I do not give as the world does." He is your peace child. Spiritual discipline will come in time. God bless :).

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thank you all so much...
EllyGrace7:

You know the best way to keep focused on God's will? making sure that your Bible reading and prayer time is undisturbed, day by day. The fellowship and encouragement of other Christians is also very important; Acts 2.42 has a great list of profitable activities that the early believers practised.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
7338973f8f35a5898484496370ff8f1b.jpg

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thank you all so much...

Praying for you, to learn to walk according to the Spirit, and separate yourselves from friends and those who live for the the world and gratifying the desires of the flesh.

We all are in this together, and all of us have this same thing to overcome.

He loves you dearly and desires to be close to you, and for you to walk with Him.

He loves to hear the things you say, when you draw near to Him.

Being around people, who still are unsaved and serve this world, defiles us, and kills our desire for the things of God.

Please associate with those who are filled with His Spirit, for out of the heart proceed either that which is life and holy, or that which is unclean and defiling.

• 20 And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.” Mark 7:20-23

I had to learn this lesson the hard way, as I would become backsliden turn back to my old ways, whenever I would be around the wrong people, doing the wrong thing, in the wrong place.

Stay strong, for your Lord is jealous for you, and loves you with a fiery passion.

• Seek Him for the baptism of the Holy Spirit

Be blessed child of God, for great is the Lord you serve.

JLB

Upvote 0

EllyGrace7

Jul 30, 2017
Melbourne
Visit site
✟9,412.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you all so much... I appreciate all of your kind words, and they truly are an encouragement to me! I'm making sure to return to what I was originally doing; taking time to speak to God and read His word... How the backsliddenness came upon me I don't know for certain. It happened so fast, and soon I was doing things so far from Him! :( Luckily, He rebuked me and brought me back to Him... God is great... He really is...

Again, thank you all so much for your love and prayers!!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Seek Him for the baptism of the Holy Spirit
As I read Scripture, at Pentecost - Acts 2 - the church came into the good of the baptism of the Spirit when He came to indwell, and the individual believer comes into the good of it at the new birth. 1 Corinthians 12.13

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all so much... I appreciate all of your kind words, and they truly are an encouragement to me! I'm making sure to return to what I was originally doing; taking time to speak to God and read His word... How the backsliddenness came upon me I don't know for certain. It happened so fast, and soon I was doing things so far from Him! :( Luckily, He rebuked me and brought me back to Him... God is great... He really is...

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

Elly Grace, praying for you
Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-01.jpg

f15f7b2f2bb23522ac53b34905a9642b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As it is written:
"Watch and pray therefore, lest you enter into temptation."

The enemy will always try to reduce your prayer, Bible study, and meditation. No prayer, no Bible study, no meditation, and you are like dry gunpowder waiting for the devil to spark it.

These things are your spiritual life, without them you will start dying spiritually.

I learnt this the hard way - the enemy, when I was a kid, used this tactic to lead me into four or five years of backsliding.

Also, make sure to fully surrender your will and whole life to God. At that point, things get much easier. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Bless yer heart, dear one. It happens to all of us. God is drawing you to Himself right now. What a PRECIOUS God and Father He is, amen? Praying for you precious, and welcome to CF. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you all so much...
Father, I pray for this one in accordance with her request. I pray that she will develop and strengthen habits of prayer, Bible reading, memorization and meditation on particular verses suited for her present life, and that she will learn to utilize all these effectively and powerfully in relation to You and and the people in her life. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums