New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is taking a lot of courage for me to post this...It’s been a rough road dealing with alcoholism. When I first got saved God gave me incredible power to abstain for months until really bad tribulations hit me. Then I dug myself into a dark hole for months.

I know God won’t give up on the work he started in me. I’ve been sober 2 weeks today and luckily am not craving it. It is to the point where I am afraid to even touch a drop. I pray I never turn back to it. I’m scared of relapsing. Please pray God will break those chains for good and that I can stay sober.

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
This is taking a lot of courage for me to post this...It’s been a rough road dealing with alcoholism. When I first got saved God gave me incredible power to abstain for months until really bad tribulations hit me. Then I dug myself into a dark hole for months.

I know God won’t give up on the work he started in me. I’ve been sober 2 weeks today and luckily am not craving it. It is to the point where I am afraid to even touch a drop. I pray I never turn back to it. I’m scared of relapsing. Please pray God will break those chains for good and that I can stay sober.

Yes please don’t touch a drop!! I will pray for you, but please don’t tempt yourself. God bless you and stay strong!

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes please don’t touch a drop!! I will pray for you, but please don’t tempt yourself. God bless you and stay strong!
Thank you! :) I don’t want to. I’d be fine without ever having it again. I’m happy I can finally say that.

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you! :) I don’t want to. I’d be fine without ever having it again. I’m happy I can finally say that.

I have some alcoholism that runs in the family so I get it. And proud of you for having the courage to come on here and be honest with everyone!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

praying... and I just sent you a personal message on something that helped me quit smoking.....

Last edited:
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Discouragement is one of the Devil's strongest traps. Keep getting up and fighting. You know when you are most vulnerable. Jesus told His disciples to watch and pray! Guard your heart from discouragement!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Consider financial planning. That might be the problem
you are tying to solve with alcohol.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Amy,
Congratulations on being sober two weeks! I’ll pray for you.

However, there’s more to it than just prayer, there’s action. I strongly recommend you go to AA or Celebrate Recovery (Google that, you’ll find one) and connect with other alcoholics in recovery. Ask specifically for a Christian sponsor. There will be one, guaranteed.

If you’re hungry, you can pray for food and God will provide, but you have to cook dinner. If you’re thirsty, pray for water, but you have to get up and turn on the faucet. If you’re an alcoholic, you can pray for sobriety but if you don’t go and use the tools God has provided, like AA or Celebrate Recovery (found in hundreds of churches), you aren’t doing your part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Just remember, no matter how far one walks off God's path, we're only one step away from getting back on it.

God bless you be strong!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I know God won’t give up on the work he started in me.

That's it, right there Any (cool name by the way), no matter what, He has you in His Loving Arms...fear nothing.

Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I may have some encouragement for you from someone who came from a life of addictions.. keep fighting and having faith in the Lord and he will deliver you and you will become strong enough to say no.. I am almost 2 years clean and it sure is a battle but keep fighting and having faith and you will have victory also over it.. will pray for you also :prayer:

Upvote 0