Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm having a blood test Monday to check the amount of alcohol, I guess to know how to help me, that I need to deliver in before I get into rehab. I'm pretty scared, afraid of how sick I'll become, have been drinking for several months, and I really don't want to end up as an old, damaged drunk.

It's a miserable kind of life, so I really hope I can get something to do in the days, somewhere to go, something to work with, people to talk to and a feeling of meaning about this short life.

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟266,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would be with you powerfully during this troubling time. I pray that God would make a way for you to overcome your addiction to alcohol and that He would demonstrate His unconditional love for you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To learn to love Jesus more than the drink is the job at hand. The best is to go to Jesus when you hang out for a drink and confess to Him how come it is like that and ask Him to rebuild you there.

Keep doing that, eating His loving grace into you. When you love Jesus more than the drink then you will be able to break free.

The good thing is that when we walk in love for God we don't want to sin. So that is where you want to be.

Peace.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You have opened the correct door. I wish to join with the others that God would begin to break new soil for you to sow for the future, but for the present, to gain self-control provided by His Spirit. We can only do so much, so wait, God knows every need before you can think to ask for it. We are better off thanking Him for the answers to our request. Some of us have been through some of the worst ordeals that if we knew, half of us wouldn't dare bring our cares to bare. Yet Jesus does peer into the deep aspects of our lives. It will eventually succumb to the revelation of Him welling up to establish you and shows us all through His necessary patience and trial, a place of peace where once unrest lived, and holy-gusto of joy where one's feelings of worthlessness ruled. God is so far above being able, it is really quite the stunner how mercy takes hold. God bless you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm having a blood test Monday to check the amount of alcohol, I guess to know how to help me, that I need to deliver in before I get into rehab. I'm pretty scared, afraid of how sick I'll become, have been drinking for several months, and I really don't want to end up as an old, damaged drunk.

It's a miserable kind of life, so I really hope I can get something to do in the days, somewhere to go, something to work with, people to talk to and a feeling of meaning about this short life.

Welcome Elfkind. If God can help me to stop drinking and taking drugs (mainly cannabis in my early days). I know he can do the same for you! I wish to join everyone else here in supporting you. For me God was my strength and I found my strength in seeking him through His Word and prayer especially when there was temptation. His promise to us is to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto us *Matthew 6:33 and you will seek Him and find Him when you shall search for me with all of your heart *Jeremiah 29:13 and one more written out in full below...

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi Elfkind!

Praying for God to intervene in your life that you are able to find and hold on to Sobriety.

Been there 22 years ago myself. Got down on my knees one night and prayed to the Lord to change my life.

22 years now and I have not looked back! Amen! With God all things are possible!

I found it important to move on from drinkers and associated with non-drinkers since I quit alcohol. And to stay away from bars.

We are creatures of habit and surroundings and people we associate with alcohol, such as bars and drinkers, can trigger physiological as well as psychological cravings.

Best to keep away from these.

I can tell you that the joy and happiness and peace you will experience living as a sober person will astound you. Life is wonderful and to be cherished.

God opened my eyes since I became sober and I am amazed more and more each year that passes at how amazing and complete His love is for us.

I pray you reach out and touch the hem of our merciful Saviour.

God bless you...

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray for you for complete release from these cravings as you fill your mind with the Words of the Lord. Read your Bible and pray everyday, and I pray for God to overwhelm you with his presence and peace.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Sure will pray for you; God used AA to bring me back to Him and Christ and into a useful life full of friends. Your life has been hijacked, you've been a POW. But, God is hiring. And when He does that, your tragedy becomes your resume.

God bless; it can and will get better.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I have no way to check out their validity, but some people report that certain vitamins and minerals help them to overcome alcoholism.

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to check that out, like an a place such as CureZone.

I pray you will be led to sobriety for life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

(Galatians 6:7-9) 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. [Do not make provisions for the flesh this is satan trying to keep you in bondage to him, resist the devil and he will flee from you, seek God diligently and you will find him. I had the same struggles as you with alcohol and I yielded my heart to God died to my own will and fully accepted God's will and I never craved alcohol again, God took those lustful desires out of me and gave me the desires of his Spirit and he will do the same for you if you submit and live for him. God listens to a contrite spirit all you have to do is believe that the Son of God is alive from the dead and can make you a new creation, die to your ways give your life to God repent and yield your heart to God and you will receive the set-apart Spirit and be changed forevermore. I pray this helps you and God bless you.]

Upvote 0