Madison, WI
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone. Lately, I have been feeling very sad, unfulfilled, and unmotivated at my current desk job. I am fighting with God because I just feel like I am stagnating him, and I am frustrated that I feel as though I am not helping Him with my laziness and apathy at work.

I found some new, exciting opportunities that could help me work either to advise students on studying abroad, or working with college students from working-class, minority backgrounds. I feel like this would be a great way to utilize my skills and previous work history instead of printing papers and being ordered around by faculty to do busy work. Please lift up prayers that if it is the Lord's will...that I can move to a different position.

Finally, please pray that if the Lord closes these doors, that I can stay patient and always find joy in Him. Thank you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. Lately, I have been feeling very sad, unfulfilled, and unmotivated at my current desk job. I am fighting with God because I just feel like I am stagnating him, and I am frustrated that I feel as though I am not helping Him with my laziness and apathy at work.

I found some new, exciting opportunities that could help me work either to advise students on studying abroad, or working with college students from working-class, minority backgrounds. I feel like this would be a great way to utilize my skills and previous work history instead of printing papers and being ordered around by faculty to do busy work. Please lift up prayers that if it is the Lord's will...that I can move to a different position.

Finally, please pray that if the Lord closes these doors, that I can stay patient and always find joy in Him. Thank you.

I’m in a similar struggle with my job friend. Just recently got passed over for a supervisor position by a guy I trained 5 years ago. I have 26 years experience in my work and have literally been doing it since this guy was in diapers. Lol I’m not sure why I’ve been passed over 3 times by people who don’t know half as much as I do. I’ve learned every aspect of my job which is concrete demolition and have out performed my coworkers on the job countless times. In spite of being passed over several times I don’t hold God responsible for this at all. I don’t believe God interferes with free will so it is my manager who is responsible not God. So I’ve begun taking college courses and decided to change my field of work to construction safety. I’m confident God has a plan for us both and we must be patient and trust in Him. I know His plan is much better than our’s. God bless you friend.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Otm_Shank

Nov 20, 2017
Madison, WI
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I’m in a similar struggle with my job friend. Just recently got passed over for a supervisor position by a guy I trained 5 years ago. I have 26 years experience in my work and have literally been doing it since this guy was in diapers. Lol I’m not sure why I’ve been passed over 3 times by people who don’t know half as much as I do. I’ve learned every aspect of my job which is concrete demolition and have out performed my coworkers on the job countless times. In spite of being passed over several times I don’t hold God responsible for this at all. I don’t believe God interferes with free will so it is my manager who is responsible not God. So I’ve begun taking college courses and decided to change my field of work to construction safety. I’m confident God has a plan for us both and we must be patient and trust in Him. I know His plan is much better than our’s. God bless you friend.
Thanks so much for your words of wisdom. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Being still relatively young, I can only imagine the sheer frustration and impatience you must be feeling. I agree that in these times, let's keep our eyes focused on God and His plan. It is always hard at first, but He knows what is best for us.

Upvote 0