✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody,

This is quite a tough thing for me to ask for. It has been hard enough coming to terms with the reality that since about the age of 12/13 I have been watching inappropriate content online. I didn't realise that watching it and masturbating to it had become an addiction until recently when I saw somebody else describe their addiction and it was exactly how I felt.

I don't want to live like this anymore. I want to be closer to God. I have just now deleted all of my saved inappropriate contentography which pained me to do (which sounds so lame when I say it out loud), but this has definitely been a big step for me.

Please pray that I am able to overcome this addiction +

Thank you guys!

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Father I lift up Decanus to you and I pray that this stronghold be cast away. Father we pray that You lay the axe to the root of this spiritual bondage and cast it as far as the east is from the west and then fill that void with great peace and the Holy Spirit. Father the glory will be given to You AMEN

Reactions: Decanus
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you @Southernscotty ! I really appreciate it.
Prayers lifted!

I see you are Catholic. Have you sought help through your parish ministry team? I know of some wonderful ministries for Christians called the road to recovery. I'm sure your parish has something similar or knows of a local parish that has one.

I do know this is deeply personal and exposing our addictions to other church members or even the clergy is embarrassing for some. However, we all have sin we seek to rid some more powerful than others but we have to help each other out.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Decanus

I don't even know anymore
Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Prayers lifted!

I see you are Catholic. Have you sought help through your parish ministry team? I know of some wonderful ministries for Christians called the road to recovery. I'm sure your parish has something similar or knows of a local parish that has one.

I do know this is deeply personal and exposing our addictions to other church members or even the clergy is embarrassing for some. However, we all have sin we seek to rid some more powerful than others but we have to help each other out.

Thank you!

I haven't sought help, no. I haven't been the best lately at going to church and I don't have a parish community as such at the moment (working on it). Being a student, i've let the student lifestyle take over, but now I am serious about changing.

Thank you for the information! I will try and do my best as I am now, if I find that it is too much for me to bear alone I will contact a priest for his guidance.

Thank you once again :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi everybody,

This is quite a tough thing for me to ask for. It has been hard enough coming to terms with the reality that since about the age of 12/13 I have been watching inappropriate content online. I didn't realise that watching it and masturbating to it had become an addiction until recently when I saw somebody else describe their addiction and it was exactly how I felt.

I don't want to live like this anymore. I want to be closer to God. I have just now deleted all of my saved inappropriate contentography which pained me to do (which sounds so lame when I say it out loud), but this has definitely been a big step for me.

Please pray that I am able to overcome this addiction +

Thank you guys!
Prayers for you. By the way, we have a forum for men only to discuss issues like this privately and get help. I can't access it so I can't provide a link right off, but I'll look for info for you if you don't see it on your forum list.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Decanus

Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Prayers for you. By the way, we have a forum for men only to discuss issues like this privately and get help. I can't access it so I can't provide a link right off, but I'll look for info for you if you don't see it on your forum list.

God be with you.

Thank you Anastasia!

Yeah, I used to know where that was but for some reason I couldn't find it today. Thank you for taking the time to look for me!

God bless you

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Two words: Jason Evert.
Look up his talks on YouTube, they're incredible. God has graced me enough that I've never had a inappropriate content addiction, so I've mostly listened to his talks on relationships & dating, but much of his talks are about combating inappropriate contentography, based on his own experiences thereof & a deep understanding of the Bible.
God be with you.

Upvote 0

Decanus

Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Two words: Jason Evert.
Look up his talks on YouTube, they're incredible. God has graced me enough that I've never had a inappropriate content addiction, so I've mostly listened to his talks on relationships & dating, but much of his talks are about combating inappropriate contentography, based on his own experiences thereof & a deep understanding of the Bible.
God be with you.

That's great! I'll head over to youtube and check his stuff out. Thank you for that recommendation, Alex. It's very appreciated.

God be with you also!

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
✟33,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I pray that Decanus will never lose faith in Jesus Christ to deliver him from his addictions, we are all powerless in the flesh and only he can free us. Sever the binds of his past self so that he may be born anew. In Christ, our lord I pray. Amen.

Also, I just want to congratulate you for understanding you have an addiction. I've been battling a inappropriate content addiction for about a decade or so, you're not alone brother. Stay strong in your faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Decanus

Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I pray that Decanus will never lose faith in Jesus Christ to deliver him from his addictions, we are all powerless in the flesh and only he can free us. Sever the binds of his past self so that he may be born anew. In Christ, our lord I pray. Amen.

Also, I just want to congratulate you for understanding you have an addiction. I've been battling a inappropriate content addiction for about a decade or so, you're not alone brother. Stay strong in your faith.

Thank you for your prayers OTF and for your kind words! It's definitely something I didn't want to admit because admitting it makes it real. The insidious thing about inappropriate content addiction is that you don't realise till much later on that your viewing habits are rather extreme. Good for you for going for 10 years and I also pray that God continues to help you resist temptation. God bless, OTF.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Anastasia!

Yeah, I used to know where that was but for some reason I couldn't find it today. Thank you for taking the time to look for me!

God bless you

I still can't see it of course, but here are some suggestions for hopefully how you can find it.

Check this area - I see the women's area, so maybe the men's area is there but invisible to me - Forums

And here is a struggles with sexuality area - but it doesn't appear to be privately segregated by sex - Struggles with Sexuality

There's also a women's only area under that subheading, so I don't know if there is one for men. Look here - Recovery | Christian Forums

And if you want to ask in General you can try posting here - Questions about CF

If you can see a men's area but it won't allow you to post there, you can request permission here - Support Center | Christian Forums

And finally, if you'd like to speak to a chaplain, you can go here (both public and private areas available) - Chaplains Office

I hope that helps. If you still need help, I'll ask a male member of staff to give you a hand. :)

God bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Strong Wave

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟28,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There’s a cloud of shame and secrecy surrounding the issue of inappropriate contentography addiction, and for this reason many of those who struggle in this area never find the courage to seek the help they need. You’re to be commended for taking this step. I’m joining you in praying for God to give you all that you need to get you past your struggle with inappropriate contentography. Also, I encourage you to take a look at Pure Intimacy (Life Challenges), a website that contains resources designed to assist both men and women in the pursuit of sexual purity. Best wishes!

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Deleting was a good step. Asking for prayer is another good step. I would suggest you start a file/journal on the steps you have taken and on steps you could take. See this whole thing as a war, with battles. Satan/inappropriate content would have you be a P.O.W. Jesus would want to set you free (John 8:36). inappropriate content also can be like weeds. Your life is like a flower garden. You need to get rid of all the weeds, and then tend the garden. Weed seeds come from various sources. Keep looking for weeds to pop up. As soon as you see one... don't think about it, certainly don't admire it, don't ignore it. Drop whatever you are doing and pull it out and don't just set it aside. Get rid of it so that it doesn't bother you again.
Start planting your mind with things to replace and crowd out the weeds (Philippians 4:8). Acknowledge that inappropriate content is not lovely. It is your enemy out to imprison or destroy you. Don't treat it kindly. This is war. This is war every day for you. Don't let your guard down. STAY dressed in battle gear (Ephesians 6:10-20). Starve your carnal/sinful nature by not watching or even imagining inappropriate content. Feed your spiritual nature by good doses of Bible reading, praying, memorizing scripture and applying God's Word to your life. James 4:7. You are the general, God is your Commander and Chief. You plan for your battles. Think them out in advance, and set up your defensive actions in advance. Plan to win the war, and as many battles as you can. Stay "fessed up". Don't let time go by until you quickly confess any sins to God, 1 John 1:9.
Lord, lead this one into the relationship with You and Your Word that will bring him to a place of victory throughout his life. Amen.

Upvote 0