Usa
✟16,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for me I feel as tho I am a lost sheep. I came to the conclusion I had my focus on myself, obsessive fear, on having correct doctrine, fear of not being saved, the sin of fearing, sin in general and other matters that I have not lived out the 2 greatest commandments Jesus gave since becoming a believer 7 years ago. I feel God has brought this to my attention and I need all the prayers and help I can get. I desire to love God and neighbor with the right heart and mind.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please pray for me I feel as tho I am a lost sheep. I came to the conclusion I had my focus on myself, obsessive fear, on having correct doctrine, fear of not being saved, the sin of fearing, sin in general and other matters that I have not lived out the 2 greatest commandments Jesus gave since becoming a believer 7 years ago. I feel God has brought this to my attention and I need all the prayers and help I can get. I desire to love God and neighbor with the right heart and mind.
Been there done that, ya know what ? Still working on it, it's life long sanctification to become more like Him. He's got His shepherds hook on you and plucking you out of the pucker brush right now. So my prayer ? Lord, that you are not just lambs savior but Lord of her life in all areas, in the name of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Been there done that, ya know what ? Still working on it, it's life long sanctification to become more like Him. He's got His shepherds hook on you and plucking you out of the pucker brush right now. So my prayer ? Lord, that you are not just lambs savior but Lord of her life in all areas, in the name of Jesus.

PLEASE DON'T THROW ME IN THAT PUCKER BRUSH!

I couldn't help but give you a star for your response! God really does pick us up and wash us with forgiveness. Then He says, Come follow me, I will help you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
PLEASE DON"T THROW ME IN THAT PUCKER BRUSH!

I couldn't help but give you a star for your response! God really does pick us up and wash us with forgiveness. Then He says, Come follow me, I will help you!
Amen ! He is a true shepherd and leads the flock, doesn't drive the flock but they/we follow His voice. Yet He will leave the 99 to get that one stray and get him or her back in the flock. He promises to lose not one .

Confess sin in 1 John 1:8-9. And believe the promise !! We are not greater than God that we have to keep ourselves in guilt, a promise is made there in 1:9 trust that He did that the moment you confessed. I could go on and on but will stop here.

• Agree
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dave G., where did you learn about pucker brush? I actually thought it was one word.
Actually it is one word. It's a common saying from when I was growing up, thanks for pointing that our !

Have you ever read the book by Philip Keller on Psalm 23 ? A lot of insight in there on an actual shepherds view on sheep and shepherding. One is sheep get entangled in undergrowth and can't get free, they will die if the shepherd didn't go seek them.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreeing that God hear us, He forgives us, cleans us up, blesses us. Remember that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus according to Romans 8:1So I pray that you will not have those feelings of condemnation. Just take it to the Lord. Bless you.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Agreeing that God hear us, He forgives us, cleans us up, blesses us. Remember that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus according to Romans 8:1So I pray that you will not have those feelings of condemnation. Just take it to the Lord. Bless you.
Think about 1 John 1:9, mixed with the faith in Ephesians 2:8 and being in the spirit of Romans 8:1 and we emerge victors to Gods Glory. Stand up Contend for the faith till the end, Amen !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen ! He is a true shepherd and leads the flock, doesn't drive the flock but they/we follow His voice. Yet He will leave the 99 to get that one stray and get him or her back in the flock. He promises to lose not one .

Confess sin in 1 John 1:8-9. And believe the promise !! We are not greater than God that we have to keep ourselves in guilt, a promise is made there in 1:9 trust that He did that the moment you confessed. I could go on and on but will stop here.

Rather than isolate 1 John 1:9, I believe we are saved the very second He gives us faith(regenerates us). The Good Shepherd speaks and we follow because we are sheep; that is why we recognize His voice.

Actually it is one word. It's a common saying from when I was growing up, thanks for pointing that our !

Well, I enjoyed hearing/seeing it again, instead of sticks, boonies, boondocks, willywags, etc. :clapping: It's so rare.

Have you ever read the book by Philip Keller on Psalm 23 ? A lot of insight in there on an actual shepherds view on sheep and shepherding. One is sheep get entangled in undergrowth and can't get free, they will die if the shepherd didn't go seek them.

He never lets His sheep die ---- hallelujah!

I'm going to try to get a copy of that book. I forgot to buy it.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rather than isolate 1 John 1:9, I believe we are saved the very second He gives us faith(regenerates us). The Good Shepherd speaks and we follow because we are sheep; that is why we recognize His voice.
1 John 1 the whole chapter is powerful actually. I've recently revisited it, was in it about 3 days last week. But to your point, indeed all sin was forgiven at the cross. But then we have sanctification all life long that we grow in and if we want to grow in sanctification we need to be in union with the Spirit who speaks to us, leads us and draws us deeper. If we have sin piling on sin in our lives we cut off that fellowship ( don't mistake that with Him leaving us). I can't speak for you but for me to confess that sin turns that communication back on and I mean instantly. It's like driving your car with mud on the windshield, we need to wash it if we want to see. And He is free and just to do that. He is also free to lead us out of or away from that sin if it's something repetitive in our lives, all we need do is ask for the help and mean it..

As I said in another post I can go on and on lol. But nobody really reads sometimes even this far in a forum setting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Every true Christian IS being sanctified else Christ is a failure.

1 John 4
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

God is not an idle bystander. He IS working in us. And if HE is working in us, the devil can't pull us away. We aren't fighting against God. The sheep LOVE Him!

@Lamb007

Are you still with us? Read the Bible for 30 minutes every day. It is very comforting and keeps us focused.

When we recognize how much God loves us and how He, not someone else, is leading and protecting us, we don't desire evil things; we desire holiness. God is number ONE!

1 John 4
15 Whosoever shall confess* that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

* This isn't a magic formula. We tell others because we truly believe this truth. We aren't doubting.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I once had such concerns and this book helped me a lot and I highly recommend it. I found it in our church library, but after I read it, I then bought a copy so I would always have it. I thought that much of it.
upload_2021-8-10_0-25-33.png

• Agree
Reactions: Lamb007
Upvote 0

Lamb007

Aug 4, 2021
Usa
✟16,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1 the whole chapter is powerful actually. I've recently revisited it, was in it about 3 days last week. But to your point, indeed all sin was forgiven at the cross. But then we have sanctification all life long that we grow in and if we want to grow in sanctification we need to be in union with the Spirit who speaks to us, leads us and draws us deeper. If we have sin piling on sin in our lives we cut off that fellowship ( don't mistake that with Him leaving us). I can't speak for you but for me to confess that sin turns that communication back on and I mean instantly. It's like driving your car with mud on the windshield, we need to wash it if we want to see. And He is free and just to do that. He is also free to lead us out of or away from that sin if it's something repetitive in our lives, all we need do is ask for the help and mean it..

As I said in another post I can go on and on lol. But nobody really reads sometimes even this far in a forum setting.

Please do go on and on I really enjoyed this.

Upvote 0

Lamb007

Aug 4, 2021
Usa
✟16,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every true Christian IS being sanctified else Christ is a failure.

1 John 4
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

God is not an idle bystander. He IS working in us. And if HE is working in us, the devil can't pull us away. We aren't fighting against God. The sheep LOVE Him!

@Lamb007

Are you still with us? Read the Bible for 30 minutes every day. It is very comforting and keeps us focused.

When we recognize how much God loves us and how He, not someone else, is leading and protecting us, we don't desire evil things; we desire holiness. God is number ONE!

1 John 4
15 Whosoever shall confess* that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

* This isn't a magic formula. We tell others because we truly believe this truth. We aren't doubting.
Yes I was gone for a day i am still here reading responses. Thank you for taking time out to pray for me and respond

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0