• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please pray for me I'm being spiritually attacked.

JennyPenny901

Dec 6, 2010
America
✟11,795.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm being spiritually attacked with thoughts that I don't want to take my own life which I don't want to do. I keep having to battle off these thoughts and I keep telling them to go away and stay away in Jesus Name. Sometimes they stay away a long time but it seems like sooner or later they come back and I don't want them to. I know being spiritually attacked is just part of being a Christian and I accept that. I just wish I was attacked in other ways and not to take my own life. I don't wanna do that I honestly want to live and experience life. I feel like the threat is I'll keep being attacked by these thoughts until it drives me nuts and I fall which I don't want. I want this specific attack to leave and be gone for the rest of my life. Please pray that this spiritual attack leaves me and stays away for the rest of my life.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm being spiritually attacked with thoughts that I don't want to take my own life which I don't want to do. I keep having to battle off these thoughts and I keep telling them to go away and stay away in Jesus Name. Sometimes they stay away a long time but it seems like sooner or later they come back and I don't want them to. I know being spiritually attacked is just part of being a Christian and I accept that. I just wish I was attacked in other ways and not to take my own life. I don't wanna do that I honestly want to live and experience life. I feel like the threat is I'll keep being attacked by these thoughts until it drives me nuts and I fall which I don't want. I want this specific attack to leave and be gone for the rest of my life. Please pray that this spiritual attack leaves me and stays away for the rest of my life.
Praying for you Jenny. "Heavenly Father, I lift up this saint to you in prayer and pray your protection from Satan's attacks. Empower her through your Spirit and grant her peace. In Jesus's blessed and Holy Name, I pray, Amen."

Do you have a support group for crisis counseling? When you're feeling like this please call someone you trust. Seeing your pastor in person may also help. You have a wonderful life ahead of you and God has many plans for you. Don't throw it away. Please keep us posted. God bless.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Here is a PDF copy of my book that may be of help to you.

Attachments

• BREAKING.FREE.6May.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, we naturally want to have our problems, trials, and obstacles just removed. But I know that You have a greater plan, that we not have these tests cancelled or removed, but that we pass the tests. You didn't destroy the Egyptians when the Israelites got to the Red Sea. You destroyed them after the Israelites exercised faith by entering into the division of the sea and starting walking across it on dry land. You didn't strike Goliath down with a heart attack or bolt from lightening. You allowed David to represent You and thru faith in You, slay the giant with a sling, stone, and sword. May we not want to rest in peace when there is a battle to fight in as a soldier for You. Instead of praying for problems to go away, may we put on the armor, keep it on and keep fighting and winning battle after battle till we die. All for Your glory. Amen.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Jesus name I bind you suicide spirit and I command you to leave Jenny and never speak to her again. You are defeated and must go now in Jesus name. Father, I plead the blood of Jesus over my sister and ask you would fulfill your word in 2 Timothy 1:7 which says For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Father, in Jesus name I ask for you to grant Jenny a sound mind and cleanse her of any ungodly thoughts. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray this.

Jenny, pray along these lines and also speak this scripture over yourself:

Proverbs 18:10

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.

Lean on the promises of the Lord:

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord
Lord, though I don't believe there is a "suicide demon" and I don't believe in "binding" spirits, I do believe demons can tempt us to kill ourselves, and that we can resist them till they flee, if we submit ourselves to God (James 4:7). Father may we correctly know the Scriptures so that we can use them effectively, and not just wildly swing the Sword of the Lord and bemuse our enemy. Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see under the above post that I have been "Gifted". This is the first time I have seen this, and don't know what it means. Can someone explain this to me? I should also say "Thank you" to Hope, who gifted me.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see under the above post that I have been "Gifted". This is the first time I have seen this, and don't know what it means. Can someone explain this to me? I should also say "Thank you" to Hope, who gifted me.
I never have received an answer of what it means to be "gifted."

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, may those that are troubled with the wrong kind of thoughts, learn how to use those thoughts to spur them on to thoughts of You, Your Word, and thoughts You WANT them to think. May they use the "Pavlov's Dog" method (ringing a bell every time the dog was fed, causing it to salivate even when the bell was rung and it was not fed). Every time a wrong thought comes, it stimulates one to replace that thought with good thoughts. May they find memory verses to associate with those thoughts. Ex: "I am afraid" --- "Fear thou not..." Isaiah 41:10 "I can't...." "I can do all things through Christ..." Phil 4:13 Amen.

Reactions: msmistk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never have received an answer of what it means to be "gifted."

Members can send you a "gift" of different lengths of premium membership at $5.00USD for each month. You can also use blessings to by premium membership (become a supporter) but I don't know if you can use those in a gift. Under someone else's post; click on "gift" and you can see the options.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Members can send you a "gift" of different lengths of premium membership at $5.00USD for each month. You can also use blessings to by premium membership (become a supporter) but I don't know if you can use those in a gift. Under someone else's post; click on "gift" and you can see the options.
Thanks for your informative and immediate reply. I will try to use this.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, those that are being spiritually attacked, I pray that they will first come to know You as Savior and Lord, and then come under the umbrella of Your protection, and take advantage of both the defensive and offensive armor and weapons You provide for their protection. To Your glory. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums