Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just felt something change when I read this article! I think we are going to see something big happen when all the churches can get back together and worship on Sunday mornings! Something happens in the atmosphere when God's people get together to worship Him! We may see reduced depression and anxiety in people as well as reduced crime and increased peace and angelic activity! After reading this I was strongly impressed by something- we must be diligent to pay our tithes even if we can not come to the church building to meet on sundays! There are many churches out there saying they are struggling severely financially for lack of money, if everyone were paying their tithes they would not have that problem! I make it a point to come out to my empty shut-down church once a week to drop off my tithe! The link to the article is below:

More than 1,200 pastors say they'll defy California's state order and resume in-person services - CNN

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just felt something change when I read this article! I think we are going to see something big happen when all the churches can get back together and worship on Sunday mornings! Something happens in the atmosphere when God's people get together to worship Him! We may see reduced depression and anxiety in people as well as reduced crime and increased peace and angelic activity! After reading this I was strongly impressed by something- we must be diligent to pay our tithes even if we can not come to the church building to meet on sundays! There are many churches out there saying they are struggling severely financially for lack of money, if everyone were paying their tithes they would not have that problem! I make it a point to come out to my empty shut-down church once a week to drop off my tithe! The link to the article is below:

More than 1,200 pastors say they'll defy California's state order and resume in-person services - CNN

We tithe for our own benefit. Churches will benefit from proper teaching!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are many churches out there saying they are struggling severely financially for lack of money, if everyone were paying their tithes they would not have that problem! I make it a point to come out to my empty shut-down church once a week to drop off

Corporate worship is far more than a good sing song, a challenging talk and a good gossip.
There is a spiritual dimension to meeting together for worship, we are refreshed, re equipped, enfigerated etc etc
I for one Look forward to physically meeting together again.

Then as members of a church and we all should be such we also have to pay for the church, any wages and costs.
We should make it a priority to pay our offering, dropping a cheque into the treasures house, or by paying at the bank direct into the churches account or online.

Remember also the missionary societies and other charities that you support and continue to make payments to them as well.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In our church now, there are three ways to give:
1.online thru the diocese, which then dispenses the money to the church automatically,
2. in person,
3. or through the U.S. Postal mail. I choose the latter.

When the church opens up again fully, I will use my envelopes and drop them into the basket as it is passed down the row.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Tithing is not for anybody in The Body Of Christ in this present Age of Grace.....Tithing was under the Law.....Paul says we are to give from the Heart.....not out of Coersion...God is looking for “Cheerful Givers”....

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just felt something change when I read this article! I think we are going to see something big happen when all the churches can get back together and worship on Sunday mornings! Something happens in the atmosphere when God's people get together to worship Him! We may see reduced depression and anxiety in people as well as reduced crime and increased peace and angelic activity! After reading this I was strongly impressed by something- we must be diligent to pay our tithes even if we can not come to the church building to meet on sundays!

Where does the Bible teach that? I don't care what preachers claim. Where in the word of God are believers commanded to hand over a tithe of their wages to institutional church organizations? The biblical tithe from produce and livestock was for the food support of five classes of people (Levites, priests, orphans, widows and strangers) first and foremost, not for communal buildings, lawn care and Sunday school books.

There are many churches out there saying they are struggling severely financially for lack of money, if everyone were paying their tithes they would not have that problem!

I would be more inclined to help support one of them if they would simply teach truth rather than traditional lies about tithing.

I make it a point to come out to my empty shut-down church once a week to drop off my tithe! The link to the article is below:

What good will it do you when you brag to men about what you give? You have your reward here on earth when bragging, from what scripture teaches.

Jr

Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, when about the church we are belonging to:

Physical attence in church stopped Thursday, Febr 12, as to instructions in Norway (any assembling outside household, not “only” churches). Late May assembling of up to 10 persons allowed when social distancing, and our Bible groups in home restarted and gathering together for the Lord’s table in homes started. Next week we expect to know time planned for assembling up to 50 persones whn social distancing possible.

In our church there is no “thites” as this was abolished at Calvary Easter around year 30 and today’s law is to be found into 1 Corinthians 16,2a: “Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him..”Neighter we have “members”, as they are registered into God’s bookkeeping, not into our church’s

As we today - opposite the Corinans - have banks, we normally collect the envelopes when breaking the bread Sunday morning - opposite other gatherings in church to be for CHRISTIANS only. and thus considered suitable time for a such colletion. During ten weeks totally closed in church (exept for bible lectiures pr phone with only the lecturer physically present) we simply sent what was needed when church doors closed (still electricty bill, water supply bill and a sceduled septic tank emptying (every second year, regulated by law to be paid that period) to be handled) + missionaries sent tranferred by net banking to the daily account belonging to the foundation being responsible for the caretaking of the church building and practical tranferring of monye to “our” missionaries. More “laid in store” every Sunday will be given as soon as we gather togehter in church again.

It is that easy.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In our church there is no “thites” as this was abolished at Calvary Easter around year 30 and today’s law is to be found into 1 Corinthians 16,2a: “Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him..”Neighter we have “members”, as they are registered into God’s bookkeeping, not into our church’s

The problem is that, most generally, the "collections" in modern church organizations go mostly for the support of the institution and its staffing. In the first century Church, the collections went for the meeting of genuine needs rather than lavishing their giving back upon themselves by way of the luxuries of a communal facility, real estate, lawn care, programs, and professional staffing. Quite a reversal in priorities from the early Church. But, then, that's just the earmark of modern and historic institutionalism, instituted by Constantine.....the man who created the Roman Catholic religion.

Jr

Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that, most generally, the "collections" in modern church organizations go mostly for the support of the institution and its staffing. In the first century Church, the collections went for the meeting of genuine needs rather than lavishing their giving back upon themselves by way of the luxuries of a communal facility, real estate, lawn care, programs, and professional staffing. Quite a reversal in priorities from the early Church. But, then, that's just the earmark of modern and historic institutionalism, instituted by Constantine.....the man who created the Roman Catholic religion.
Jr

As far as I understand your are talking about another problem than the OP. I have no plans or ideas about judgeing other churches/church organizations, but when about "our" church: The building itself was built >100 years ago, are maintaned well but are for sure no luxury: Yes, we have today water and electricity installed (1950s), we have a kitchen installed (also 1950s, except for dishwasher (required by government) and fridge (changed 15 years ago due to wear and tear)), we have had a toiletroom rebuild (1990s) due to legal requirements for one toilet accessible by wheel chair, we have changed heating from wood to electricity (1980s), we have got seat pillows to our benches (benches 1950s, pillows 2000s), we have got an simple electric organ (1990s, used Yamaha from 1970s) and we have got an amplifier, six speakers and and equiment for phone calls connections to this equipment, making it possible for elderly people in vinter - or in the present corona situation - listening from home by phone. Anything done as affordable as possible. Work - maintainance as well as anything else - are done 100 % voluntary. Thus about 2.5 % of what actually collected on Sunday morning is allocated for maintainance, 2.5 % for work equipment etc (and that's to mutch, surplus is thus given our missionaries) and 95 % for missionary/outreach work where needs are more and welfare/money (far) less than in Norway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums