Please keep Orion in your prayers today....

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Last evening Orion fell off the couch. How does a cat manage that? He has arthritis and possible intestinal cancer and does not play or do much since he almost died last October (2018). He fell because he came out looking for food and decided to jump on the couch where Donna, Andromeda and I were. He was standing at the edge licking Andie (he still will groom her, but not as often as he used to) and he must have been JUST at the edge. Either Donna or I may have moved or he just lost balance and fell on his side. We was limping a lot and I thought it was getting better but he was still limping this morning and bad enough I brought him to the vet. I was supposed to go back after x-rays and observation, about 2:30, but I just had a call and they want a consult at 3:20. Those consults are never good new and I am hoping nothing is broken or that he is a lot worse internally (intestines). *sigh*

I still remember finding him on the road at 3 or 4 weeks of age, way back on September 4th, 2003. He was dropped in front of my car by a hawk, and it left talon marks on his back that the vet found.

Attached is the first image ever taken of him, perhaps 2 hours after I found him and brought him to the vet.

Attachments

• FirstPicture.jpg
    FirstPicture.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Last evening Orion fell off the couch. How does a cat manage that? He has arthritis and possible intestinal cancer and does not play or do much since he almost died last October (2018). He fell because he came out looking for food and decided to jump on the couch where Donna, Andromeda and I were. He was standing at the edge licking Andie (he still will groom her, but not as often as he used to) and he must have been JUST at the edge. Either Donna or I may have moved or he just lost balance and fell on his side. We was limping a lot and I thought it was getting better but he was still limping this morning and bad enough I brought him to the vet. I was supposed to go back after x-rays and observation, about 2:30, but I just had a call and they want a consult at 3:20. Those consults are never good new and I am hoping nothing is broken or that he is a lot worse internally (intestines). *sigh*

I still remember finding him on the road at 3 or 4 weeks of age, way back on September 4th, 2003. He was dropped in front of my car by a hawk, and it left talon marks on his back that the vet found.

Attached is the first image ever taken of him, perhaps 2 hours after I found him and brought him to the vet.
:heart: i'm sooooo soooooo sorry. Precious Orion has had some harrowing experiences. i'm soooooo thankful that you found him and that he survived the hawk. Praying that our Creator and Healer intervenes for His precious creature, as only He can, and that He, as only He can, grants Orion longer life as HE heals Him. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Orion is home now. We hurt himself on the fall, but did not break anything. Orion is old and has a lot of back problems, arthritis in his back legs and back, the intestinal issues, cataracts..... Today the vet said that he is old and wearing out and that we should get used to the idea he may not be here next year. BUT his pain from the fall is just bruises and more like an elderly person falling and not breaking bones. He will heal up from the bruises. Mean time we are doubling his pred medication for 2 weeks to help the swelling and pains from the fall.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so thankful that Orion is back home.
I understand what the vet said to you but until that time is ( and you will know it) just put it aside and live and love each day with him to the fullest, along with your other cats.
Just like we as Christians should;)

Last year on Christmas eve my dear cat Timmy had come to his time, he was 16 and he was sent to heaven where age is no more.
He looked very much like your Orion (who is beautiful).
Thank you Lord God for your love and care for Orion and may his bruising heal well soon.

Thank you for keeping us updated, that is wonderful news:cat::heart:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Orion is home now. We hurt himself on the fall, but did not break anything. Orion is old and has a lot of back problems, arthritis in his back legs and back, the intestinal issues, cataracts..... Today the vet said that he is old and wearing out and that we should get used to the idea he may not be here next year. BUT his pain from the fall is just bruises and more like an elderly person falling and not breaking bones. He will heal up from the bruises. Mean time we are doubling his pred medication for 2 weeks to help the swelling and pains from the fall.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
:heart: Thank you for the update. Continuing to pray for Orion, and all the family, and you too (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: rhawk
Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am so thankful that Orion is back home.
I understand what the vet said to you but until that time is ( and you will know it) just put it aside and live and love each day with him to the fullest, along with your other cats.
He has been aging poorly for a while and I knew/know it will come. I HATE that part, I have been through it far too many times over the last 30ish years and it is always overly painful when it happens. *sigh* Though I always live though it and the pain will lesson over time and I will always have a warm spot in my heart that is Orions. But whewre the heck did time go! I feels like just yesterday I held the tiny kitten in a single hand!
(the user image I have right now [cat with lit antlers] is ^Itchy^. I lost him in 2004 when he was 6 or 7. :( [Gosh! And we lost 3 cats that month too]) Soon I will go back to my usual image here, which is my little ^Leo^, who left us at 17 in 2015.

Last year on Christmas eve my dear cat Timmy had come to his time, he was 16 and he was sent to heaven where age is no more.
He looked very much like your Orion (who is beautiful).
I am sorry about Timmy! 16 is just too young! (I long for the day one of my cats makes it to 20 and in decent health).

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Orion seems to be less still this morning. He is still slow and old of course, but his limp is not as pronounced now, so I hope he is feeling better. He is eating a lot more now, but that is likely caused by his increase of prednisolone for 2 weeks.
Thanks to all who kept him in your thoughts and prayers. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
On December 15th my sweet ^Orion^ had to leave us. The home vet came and he left in my arms.
I am still very sad. He was friends with Nova, who has been yowling at night looking for him. That is so sad. And now we have 3 other cats who are ^Orion^s age and Nova (one of the 3) now had renal disease and the vet assumes a month or a year at best for him. He has lost a lot of weight and is down to 7lbs from 12 (over a year) and Andromeda is also getting worse healthwise (also one of the 3). :(
For those of you who did pray for ^Orion^ last December, thank you. Perhaps that gave him the needed strength to go for another year. :)

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayers for you and your precious cats.
I firmly believe animals are in heaven and your beloved Orion is surely there free of all pain.:cat:
It is so difficult when your pets are at advanced ages, including health issues.
I was in that position a couple of years ago with my horse, three dogs and my cat. They all went within twelve months. It was heartbreaking.
Cherish the time you have with them, do your best and when the time comes set them free to return to God who keeps them until you all meet again.:heart:

God bless you, comfort you and sustain you.

• Friendly
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On December 15th my sweet ^Orion^ had to leave us. The home vet came and he left in my arms.
I am still very sad. He was friends with Nova, who has been yowling at night looking for him. That is so sad. And now we have 3 other cats who are ^Orion^s age and Nova (one of the 3) now had renal disease and the vet assumes a month or a year at best for him. He has lost a lot of weight and is down to 7lbs from 12 (over a year) and Andromeda is also getting worse healthwise (also one of the 3). :(
For those of you who did pray for ^Orion^ last December, thank you. Perhaps that gave him the needed strength to go for another year. :)
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Orion. We lost one of our cats last month. It's just been such a rough year in so many ways! One of the hard realities of allowing pets into our hearts; they bring so much joy and love, but they must leave us all too soon.

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hello NerdGirl,
Thank you. I am so sorry that you also lost a cat, last month.
In the end they bring far more joy than pain in the end, it is just that the pain/sorrow hits all at once. I believe the pain is proportionate to how much we loved them though.
I will say a prayer for your kitty.

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Heavenhome,
I also believe our pets at least are in heaven. Though that has always caused me to ponder how my relationship with them will be there. Sounds silly, but I cannot imagine them not being granted full intelligence, but putting them well above where they were would alter my relationship with them, no? It is something I ponder but have no solution except to say everything is possible with God and I am in no position on Earth to understand any of it. :) But I look forward to seeing my friends (Hamlet, Itchy, Leo, Electra, Calliope, Copycat and others) again one day.
I am sorry you lost 5 animals in a year, that hurts. I lost 3 in one month, heck in about 1 week in 2004 and it was awful.
Thank you for the post and prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums