• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please i need your help

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was having a compulsion not to watch a specific scene from a tv episode in youtube. i do not remember why. probably, some thoughts without my will popped up about a promise to God. I remember being anxious about it and reminding myself never click that episode. I, accidentally clicked it and watched some seconds from that scene. I do not remember what exact thoughts popped up without my will and I cant confirm if they were without my will. the last days, more scarier words without my will accompany the thoughts without my will that create compulsions. i worry if i was so tired to do a compulsion, so, without my will, I, maybe, changed the compulsion into "must not watch that scene" i do not remember. the only thing I remember was me reminding myself not to watch that specific scene.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was having a compulsion not to watch a specific scene from a tv episode in youtube. i do not remember why. probably, some thoughts without my will popped up about a promise to God. I remember being anxious about it and reminding myself never click that episode. I, accidentally clicked it and watched some seconds from that scene. I do not remember what exact thoughts popped up without my will and I cant confirm if they were without my will. the last days, more scarier words without my will accompany the thoughts without my will that create compulsions. i worry if i was so tired to do a compulsion, so, without my will, I, maybe, changed the compulsion into "must not watch that scene" i do not remember. the only thing I remember was me reminding myself not to watch that specific scene.

You always have the option and the power to
replace what you don't want to think about
with what you do. Even if it comes back
you can replace it with your choice of thinking.

Upvote 0