• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please i do not remember calm me down

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was in an ocd dilemma.

ocd was telling me stuff like

ocd1: before you leave the house drink the bottle of water because you may have made a promise to God.

ocd2: do not drink them.

I left the house without drinking them and ocd started giving me worries. I do not remember how but I managed to ignore it after some minutes and feel good. it was like

ocd: you left the house without drinking them. you may have made a promise to God to drink the bottle waters before you leave the house.

Today, I drank some water from one of these bottles and started feeling very anxious

ocd: why you drunk water from this bottle? maybe you made a fast promise to God not to drink from the bottles because ocd was bugging you to drink. maybe you did it to relieve yourself from the worries.