DKS

Sep 10, 2016
Tampa
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wanted to un-lurk here on a topic that's popped up in commentary above and has ruffled the feathers of some self proclaimed social justice warriors who seem unable pay close attention to things-- the false and outrageous claims that we ministries in Europe have been taking part in "forced conversions" of the Muslim refugees. I am tempted to dismiss this charge as the silly whine that it is, but since some predictably politically correct news organizations (including The New York Times) have repeated the charge, I wish to answer it clearly here.
Yes, we have been seeing hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of Muslims in Europe rapidly converting to Christianity in the past two years, and yes the refugees from Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan have been very keen to convert. But they are converting, as they state in their own words, to join a community of believers linked by a God of love and the word of Our Lord and Savior, against the god of fear and enslavement in Islam, and because the violent murderousness of groups like Isis and al Nusra, in the Middle East and Europe, have made it clear that they do not want to be part of such a violent, anti=humanistic ideology as much of modern Islam has become. Again, these are their words, not ours. I am involved primarily in Germany where the major influx has come, but the same is true for the refugees coming to Italy and France, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Greece and Hungary, and their own reasons for conversion.

As for the charge that we are forcing the Middle Eastern, or Balkan esp Albanian, refugees to convert and join the church to stay in the EU- this is a gross slander against what we do and an arrogant, ignorant and very selective consideration of national and international laws by the troublemaking subversives and globalists who seem to rule modern news media in the US, Canada and Britain. As the posters above have made clear, and is also true for my own group and the ones we are affiliated with, yes we do report non-converting Muslim "refugees" and African migrants (especially from North Africa, Eritrea and Somalia) for immediate deportation, and they are promptly deported. My group consisting of missionaries from Tampa and other parts of Florida, along with our US and Canadian collaborators, have between our small groups alone deported more than 15,000 Muslim migrants who did not convert as well as thousands of Africans who came into Europe and were clearly economic migrants. Angela Merkel tried to slow this deportation process down in Germany but she failed, her own government officials are indeed ignoring her entirely now and her recent electoral humiliation this week is a reflection of her failures to simply follow what her own officials are doing in speeding up deportation. This does not mean that we were forcing the migrants to convert. If they want to stay Muslims, they are entirely free to do so, but they are not then free to claim refugee or asylum status, because as has been said so concisely here, such people are economic migrants who have already crossed through several safe countries, and ignored Muslim safe countries like the Saudis or other Mideast oil exporters with a lot of space to accommodate them.

Such Muslim migrants in other words are in clear violation of universally accepted law, they are not refugees, not eligible for asylum, and they have have violated multiple laws and in effect acted as hostile invaders of the European countries they have entered without permission. The only exceptions to this are persecuted Christians and those Muslims who wish to accept Christianity, they indeed face great danger at home in the Mideast and in neighboring countries. The Muslims do not, and they therefore have absolutely no rights as refugees or asylum seekers in Europe, they are simply criminals and the angry backlash among the citizens there is entirely just. This is simply about following the law and commonly agreed upon principles, despite the bleats of the New York Times, Financial Times, Economist and some other periodicals trying to force guilt trips on Europe's people simply for wanting to safe and functioning society- one that can take in the persecuted Middle Eastern Christians and those who want to become Christians. But this does not mean the Muslims are being forced to convert. They clearly are not, and such charges must be treated as the slander they are. The Muslim migrants can stay Muslims, but they are not free to then claim themselves as refugees, and they are certainly not free to break the laws of the countries in Europe and in the process endanger the prospects of the Christians truly fleeing persecution.

Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Greetings all,
I am pleased to report that a major new effort focusing on mass conversions of Muslims in France and nearby European countries with large North African populations (Belgium, Italy, Netherlands and Spain) was launched a couple years ago and, on the basis of updates from a good friend of mine based in Nice, France, has been enjoying extraordinary success. In fact it has led to one of the most exciting developments I have encountered in my own missions work, a series of mass conversions and baptisms of former French Muslims not only embracing out faith, but going back to North Africa to spread it with a zeal that I have seldom seen even among the most fervent in my own ministry. There has already been a gradual but growing revival of Christian belief in countries such as Algeria and Morocco for the first time since the Roman Empire, and the converts in France and other countries may well be the ones who finally tip the scales and bring their homelands back into the Christian fold. My friend is currently on assignment but he will be attempting to post more details as soon as he is free to any and all interested in the French focused efforts.

Reactions: Orange Crow
Upvote 0
May 12, 2017
San Antonio
✟15,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brothers, Sisters and Friends in Christ,

I posted this separately but wanted to make sure the call to action was included among the general European-focused efforts, forwarding along this message from a member of my own flock and a good friend to all of us in our church in Nice, France: an active and energetic former Muslim and convert of North African origin, named Alexandre. Peace, great blessings and even greater thanks to all of you who heed and respond to this call to ministry. We have done our best to translate his message from the original French but his passion and the promise of this great peaceful mission will shine in any language.

--------------------------

A plea for help for the growing ministries to the Maghrebi (North African) population in Europe—we will then revive the Church in the Maghreb itself

To my brothers and sisters in Christ,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Alexandre—not my given name, but the name I took by choice when I left the darkness of Islam to embrace the Christian Gospel in my French hometown. I am a minister and missionary above all to my fellow North Africans in France, Belgium, Netherlands and the rest of Europe, and also, in the past 3 years, to my ethnic kinsmen in Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia in the Maghreb (North Africa) itself. I have come to you with a plea for assistance for a mission that my fellow converts and I from the Maghreb hold especially dear. That plea is to assist with the much-needed ministry of North African immigrants in France and Europe, who wish more than ever to leave Islam and find a path to the welcoming arms of the Church, as we ourseles use this great mass conversion as a springboard to help bring our long-oppressed homelands in North Africa back into the Christian fold for the first time since the 7th century In the Year of Our Lord. We are, in effect, helping to build a spiritual army to reach out to our brethren in the Maghreb with the love of Christ and the Good News of the Gospels—a spiritual army of millions of North African immigrants and their descendants in France, Belgium and other European lands, who are being saved by the light of Christ and wish, above all, to bring that light to their homelands..

Alongside our ministries already well underway mainly in France, we will need over 400,000 new, energetic Christian missionaries from other lands to come to Europe in the coming years, for it is only through the virtue and power of numbers that we will have enough momentum to bring about the rapid and large-scale conversion of the Maghrebi immigrant population that will be necessary to tip the balance in North Africa back toward the Church. My longtime friend and mentor, Brother Edward, brought joy to my heart two years ago upon revealing the success of a previous call to mission work in Europe, with hundreds of thousands of fervent and devout Christians mostly from the Americas, Australia and south Asia having come over the past decade to restore the Christian faith in its European homelands, and bring those who once prayed in the mosques to the Church. Their efforts have borne remarkable fruit, revitalized the Church in Europe and brought a large and fast growing percentage of the Muslim population in Europe over to the side of Christianity, with the largest conversion rate perhaps ever seen since the start of Islam in the 7th century A.D. (Brother Edward was among this group of American missionaries in Europe, and it was he and his group who first brought me to the light of the Church in my hometown of Nice, France.) So much so that Kosovo and Bosnia-Hercegovina are rapidly moving back into the Christian fold, with even Turkey slowly but steadily seeing a growing flock of converts and restoration of churches, thanks in great part to converted Turkish and Kurdish Christians in Germany who’ve gone back home to preach to their brethren—a theme I will emphasize repeatedly for my own plea. Most of the successful efforts over the previous decade have been centered in Germany, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands, where the Turkish, Kurdish, Albanian, Syrian, Iraqi, Afghan and other Muslim populations have been converted to see and embrace the light of Christ.

I am here to help describe our plea for help for a similar effort already underway, centered on France, Belgium and the Mediterranean region. In these countries’ cases, the predominant Muslim populations are from the North African Maghreb, and the historical and social circumstances of this region provide a unique opportunity to not only bring these populations within Europe into the Church, but also to bring the whole of North Africa back into the Christian fold. This is an eminently attainable goal, and we are currently in a unique historical juncture to bring this about, right now starting in 2017. This is because of a combination of critical factors coming together—the missionary revival throughout Europe, the increasing base of converted and fervent Christians with North African roots, the ongoing connections with their homelands in the Maghreb, the mounting distaste and anger at Islam both among the European general public and among many Muslims themselves, the tools of modern social media and other technology, and most importantly as I will note below, the growing ethnic awareness of the Amazigh (Berbers), the indigenous people of North Africa.

I want to first emphasize, however, that this goal can only be achieved with a massive, sustained, and numerically strong effort in France and the surrounding countries in Western Europe, nowhere else. For political and other reasons it is often hazardous for Westerners to evangelize within North Africa itself, and efforts within the Americas or elsewhere are simply too far away to bring about the needed critical mass of immigrants who can go back and work in unison within their North African homelands. However, all of you can freely evangelize the migrated North African populations in Europe, and this is the key to our success at this historic opportunity. With a large and fervent converted North African population in France and its neighbors, maintaining its connections with their homelands in Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia, we will have the great missionary force that we will need to make North Africa Christian again. Instead of being viewed as outsiders, the Christianized North Africans in Europe speak the languages and have the necessary family, cultural, political, social and administrative connections with their kin in North Africa itself. They will therefore be able to return home and provide the ministry that will bring North Africa back into the Church for good. There is in fact already a growing “back to the Church” movement throughout North Africa that is bringing in thousands of new converts every month, reminding them of the critical role of the Maghreb in founding the early Church itself. Likewise, and importantly, a growing number of magnates, magistrates, mayors and other important political and media figures are accepting Christianity there, both secretly and openly. With an army of converted North Africans from France and the res t of Europe, we will be able to tip the scales to make the region majority Christian again perhaps within 20 or 30 years.

Before I go further, a brief word about myself and my own journey to Christ, as my case is representative and it can help you to understand the hurdles that young North African Muslims wrestle with in their own journeys to Christ. I was born with the Muslim given name of Abdul, in the city of Biskra, one of the larger cities in Algeria. My mother is Algerian and my father Moroccan, with part of my mother’s side of the family hailing from Tunisia, thus I have roots across the Maghreb. I grew up identifying as an Arab Muslim and speaking Arabic at home, and yet even in my heavily Arabized family, there was a general awareness of our Amazigh roots, a key to the coming re-Christianization of North Africa. As I mentioned before, the Amazigh—known generally in the West as Berbers—are the indigenous peoples of North Africa, and in fact many of the early Church Fathers and Martyrs during the Roman Empire’s rule of the region were Amazigh. In the 7th century A.D., North Africa was conquered by Muslim Arab armies despite stiff resistance, yet the Amazigh never lost their identity. Gradually more and more of us adopted Arab ways and the Arabic language, self-identifying as North African Arabs. Yet the Arabization never effaced our knowledge of who we really are—the vast majority of the population of the Maghreb, Arabized are not, are Amazigh, and we remain keenly aware of this, as is my own family even though none of us grew up speaking Tamazight (the Berber indigenous language). In any case, like most North Africans, I grew up an observant Muslim, praying 5 times a day and piously attending the mosque in whatever city I was located.

When I was young, my family migrated to Europe, starting in Switzerland, sojourning briefly in Sweden, the Netherlands and Belgium, before eventually settling down firmly in the southern French city of Nice. Here I felt the alienation of many other young Muslims growing up in France, without quite knowing the reason. I studied the Koran, picked up French in school, but never quite felt at home with the society around me. At first I was inclined to accept the excuses offered up by the globalist mass media and the anti-Christian propaganda spearheaded by the likes of George Soros, and to blame my difficulties on Christians, the church in France, and French and Western culture in general. I never entertained thoughts of terrorism against my host, but I could understand where the alienation and resentment came from. I was brought up in a belief system that was antithetical to the freedom of thought and freedom of conscience that prevails in the West, and which was itself incubated in the Christian faith. Though I did not know it initially, this was my first small inkling of the mental straitjacket that Islam had forced me and my fellow young Muslims into, and I would soon discover that the root cause of my alienation was the darkness of the mind and spirit that modern Islam has evolved into.

One day I was at a French park in Nice after school, when I encountered an interesting group of idealistic Christian teenagers about my age. They intrigued me at first because of their accent, some spoke decent French but clearly not natively, and I could tell they were from far away—it turned out a mix of Americans, Canadians and a couple Australians. Many of the Americans were Texans, Californians and other Southwesterners with that sunny yet determined disposition I’ve come to recognize and cherish, and they took me into their pickup soccer game before inviting me to lunch. When I realized they were Christian I was initially put off, as a Muslim I was not supposed to associate with those who would talk to me about an infidel faith. But they continued to reach out to me, with a mixture of kindness and firmness, above all to talk me through the things that were causing me so much unfocused frustration and resentment, making me unable to fit in. Those kids introduced me to Brother Edward, who took me under his wing and gently, but with determination, introduced me to the Gospels and several enlightening experiences in French churches, both old-line Catholic and new churches the North Americans had put up.

I was still riddled with doubts, and my innate hostility towards the Christian faith and the church, built up over years of anti-Christian rhetoric in my mosques and social places, still stuck by me. To be clear, Muslims do—or I should say, are supposed to—revere Jesus and the Christian fathers as prophets. In practice, however, the teachings of the New Testament are regularly disparaged, and Christians and the Church are claimed to be an inferior, discarded creed, with the more aggressive imams proudly declaring that Islam has superseded it. Islam in Arabic means “submission” after all, and good Muslims are expected to submit, unquestioningly, to the “superiority” of the supposedly more advanced faith. Areas not yet under Muslim rule are in the House of War, to be attacked, demographically overwhelmed and conquered into submission themselves. Even many supposed Muslim “moderates” subscribe to this line of thought.

But as I associated more and more with Brother Edward and the American and Canadian Christians in his group, I gradually came to understand what I had been robbed of in Islam. Within Islam, I was considered a slave to the ideology preached by the imams. Submission was demanded at every turn, embodied in the prayers I was forced to make not to a caring and loving God, but to the physical homeland of a 7th-century conqueror. There had once been a time in those early days when Islam was a force for light and good, but that time had clearly past—in the mosques and madrassas of today, being a Muslim means you don’t ask questions, you don’t free your mind, you accept your inferiority and you submit. With the Christian doctrine as a contrast, I was seeing freedom and joy, and a God who accepted and loved his flock as a parent loves the children both of his own household and his neighbors.

I have since then been not only an enthusiastic Christian and churchgoer, but also an emissary to spread the Good Word to my fellow Muslim North Africans and encourage them to convert. Starting with my fellow immigrants in Europe, but then moving on steadily to bring about the same great conversion in the Maghreb homelands of North Africa. As you will have noticed, I took a Christian name to replace my Muslim given name—both my first and last names in fact—and chose it specifically to celebrate a beacon of the West, who helped to ensure that the fledgling Christian theology would be joined to the rigor of Greek thought in ancient Palestine. My fellow missionaries and I likewise insist upon this with all of our converts in our evangelism. When they accept the word of the Gospels, they must leave Islam behind, not only in their beliefs but in their very names themselves.

Thus my journey to Christ is hardly unique among the formerly Muslim North Africans of Europe and the Maghreb itself, and the next two decades are the best chance we will have in over 1,400 years to make North Africa Christian once again, for the reasons laid out previously. We are at a rare and auspicious confluence of historical factors that are making this possible, and we must seize the reins. We have already started the process ourselves and in the last 5 years alone, our endeavors have been rapidly bearing fruit. Hundreds of new churches, both open and underground, have sprung up in the Maghreb in the past half-decade, and the great impetus for this phenomenon has been the missionary work of the converted North African immigrants in France and other European nations. However, we must advance beyond this initial threshold to achieve the revolution which is now, uniquely, within our grasp. Based on the number of North Africans in France and Europe, and the numbers of converts we will need to preach and spread the Gospel in their homelands—reaching all the way up to the political and cultural power-brokers of the lands, whom we will need to bring about a full Christian conversion—we will need at least 400,000 new Christian ministers, missionaries, and volunteers from outside Europe to come to the continent in the coming years, to help in the process of not only revitalizing the churches, but in evangelizing and bringing the mass of North African immigrants into the fold. Only then will we have the critically large enough mass to bring about the conversion of both the masses and elites in North Africa that we will need to make them Christian once again.

For those of you who come, welcome, and we appreciate your support dearly. Do not be deterred by the practicalities or inconveniences of issues like languages, visas or permits, remember that our forefathers faced much tougher obstacles in the early days of Christianity’s official persecution by the Roman Empire. If you come with determination in your hearts, you will find the support to succeed and overcome all hurdles. When you arrive, do not afraid to be firm and determined in your efforts to win converts, as Brother Edward was with me. Above all, do not be swayed by misleading pleas by the corrupt PC globalist media, godless academics and traitorous anti-Christian EU “leaders” like Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande for “tolerance” of Islam. While there are many great values that make Europe and the Christian West strong, “tolerance” is no longer one of them due to the way this concept has been abused.

A moral person does NOT tolerate evil and enslavement of the mind and spirit, and that is exactly what Islam has become to its adherents. A moral person will work to save their souls and minds, to save them with the freedom and righteousness of the love of the Lord and the Holy Bible. Think of it this way, if you saw people of a certain culture moving voluntarily into an advanced nation (which Muslim migrants are doing), and adherents fo this culture practiced brutal slavery, human sacrifice and horrible abuse of women, would you “tolerate” this cultural difference in the name of multiculturalism, on your own soil? Would this be moral? Of course not. Islam cannot be “tolerated” anymore than slavery and overt oppression can be “tolerated”, even more so since we are talking about voluntary immigrants here. Thus all of us have not only the right, but the ABSOLUTE DUTY to work energetically , every waking hour of every day, to convert these brutally oppressed Muslim migrants to the faith that will save them.

My own family and friends are the most powerful proof of this that one could ever see—by refusing to bow down to political correctness, by refusing to “tolerate” the spiritual and mental scourge of Islam, the ministers who brought us into the Church literally rescued us, dozens of us. Our true enemies were the corrupt globalist fools, faux PC moralists and spineless cowards who urged “tolerance” of Islam, constantly whining about “Islamophobia” and “intolerance” towards the wretched false creed to which we had been subjected. Such “tolerance” of our Islamic yoke only ensured that our minds remained enslaved to it for years longer than we would have wished. Whereas, the courageous Christian missionaries who converted us from the darkness of Islam, both the immigrants in France and Belgium as well as our relatives back in Morocco and Algeria, saved our lives and our souls with their courage. By being so firm with us, by showing us the dark oppression and mental and spiritual slavery of Islam, and by refusing to back down, they saved us by finally helping us to realize the love of Christ and the embrace of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost—a God of love and caring rather than fear and slavery, as is the case in Islam. Anyone especially in Europe who “tolerates” Islam is an accomplice to evil and the most wretched crimes against humanity, and in fact, their most suffering victims are precisely the benighted, long deceived Muslim migrants who could be saved by the Good News of Jesus filling their hearts.

The people of the North African Maghreb are primed and ready to rejoin the Christian fold as it is. Our people are shocked at the evil of al-Qaida and the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, and have come to realize that the evil is from Islam itself, not a fringe offshoot. This is why there are already tens of millions of new Christians throughout North Africa and the Middle East, many of them practicing in secret. In the Maghreb, another factor driving this is the push for the indigenous Amazigh of North Africa to reassert our identity—both the Arabized among us and those still fully cultural Amazigh. We, too, have come to realize that our Christian faith is the missing link to liberate us from 1,400 years of oppression from the yoke of Gulf Arab Islam and the warlords who subjugated our peoples.

Please join us, and recruit everyone you know with an interest in spreading the light of the Gospels to help. For the first time in 1,400 years we now have a chance to save the subjugated peoples of North Africa from the Muslim yoke that has for so long oppressed them. With your help and determination, we will succeed.

Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Greetings Brother Edward and a hearty welcome to you Alexandre,

Thank you and many blessings for sharing your story and your journey into the fellowship that has taken you in. It takes great courage and determination to stay on the path you have chosen, even more so to bring the Gospel to your compatriots both in France and in North Africa as you have done. I too look forward to the day that the lands of Tertullian, St. Augustine and Origen will once again embrace their Christian past, and it is thanks to converts like yourself, eager to share the message of salvation and fellowship that you have been given, that the region is once again on this path. Godspeed to you, and bienvenue y merci beaucoup from all of us here.

Reactions: Galworth
Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks for tackling these all too common questions about our new members, indeed the accusations of forced confessions are gross, ugly and scurrilous exaggerations with no foundation in truth. Forced conversions are what ISIL mass murderers are doing in Iraq and Syria to the Christian, Yazid and Druze people, forcing them to convert on pain of death and attacking them in homes they've occupied for centuries. Our ministries in the Netherlands and Spain are quite different, spreading the joy and love of the Lord largely to immigrants who have come voluntarily and are in new homes in Christian lands. We must of course observe and comply with the laws like anyone else, and anyone who is abusing the refugee process, meant for those very Christians and other minorities in Syria being brutalized by ISIL, must indeed come to understand that their actions are wrong and not acceptable. This of course does include a number of Muslim economic migrants who are often themselves acting as agents for ISIL, and of course we like anyone else will report their crimes. But to paraphrase the instructions of our Lord in Mark 12:13, we of course render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and in this case we will of course comply with refugee laws that are designed to protect the human rights of persecuted Christians and report persistent Muslim economic migrants for deportation. This is entirely separate from our ministries and has absolutely nothing to do with forced conversion. We have had thousands of converted former Muslims join our churches in the Netherlands, France, Portugal, Spain and Italy, and every single one has come of his or her own free will. We would not wish it otherwise, so please do not be discouraged or weaken your determination by false accusations of forced conversion, there is not a drop of truth in it/

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, is there anything you guys need me to do to help you out? Although I have been giving the gospel out to people over the Internet, I don't think that I can actually travel to a different country. My mother would freak out.

If there is anything you need me to do, just let me know. I will pray for you guys.

Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Hi, is there anything you guys need me to do to help you out? Although I have been giving the gospel out to people over the Internet, I don't think that I can actually travel to a different country. My mother would freak out.

If there is anything you need me to do, just let me know. I will pray for you guys.

Greetings Jacqueline,

Thanks and blessings to you for your interest and inquiry. Do not worry as there are countless ways to contribute to the effort State-side as much as those who are moving to Europe physically for ministry, I myself have been mainly US-based over the past two years and contributing to my brethren's efforts in Europe as a coordinator in North America. The urgency to get more American and Australian missionaries into Europe quickly for ministry is a product of the unique historical opportunity that has arisen in the past five years, namely the influx of Muslim refugees into Continental Europe yearning for a breath of fresh spiritual air, and their already high rates of conversion. This has created an opening not seen in many centuries, not only to bring them and their families into the Church, but also to create a pool of millions of new and enthusiastic ministers of the Gospel who, in turn, are evangelizing back in their homelands in the Middle East and North Africa.

Nevertheless, although hundreds of thousands of those involved have moved to Europe out of necessity, many of us provide key contributions by furnishing assistance and coordination abroad-- the independence alongside the financial and organizational capacity of churches in North America and Australia provides a crucial complement to the direct efforts in Europe, supplying not only personnel but also valuable logistical resources, recruitment and information. This indeed has been my role of late in the US and Canada. Since the European ministry efforts are spread out and autonomous there's no central authority to report to, instead there are a variety of groups operating independently, and sharing information where helpful on forums and on Twitter.

Thus one of the best ways to help State-side, as I've been doing, is to simply give talks and announcements at churches with which you or others have a connection, letting them know that large numbers of Americans, Canadians and Australians are already involved in European ministries with a particular focus on refugee conversions, church revival and construction of new churches. And that they are welcome not only to join existing efforts but (better yet) to found and initiate their own.

Again these efforts are all autonomous so any church or ministry can initiate one and help with the process of settling in Europe. The emphasis on refugee conversion is valuable because it underlines the urgency of the effort, there will likely never be another opportunity to not only rapidly bring millions of Muslims into the arms of the Church, but also to bring much of the Middle East and North Africa back into the fold as well. Overseas missionaries have difficulty evangelizing in the region because of associations with colonialism, but it is a far different matter for newly converted missionaries who are already from the region, and have migrated (overwhelmingly) to the Christian countries of Continental Europe. They are simply shown the light and love of the Gospels, and bring that inspiration back to their homelands, where they know the language and culture and have family and friends. Dozens of new churches in the past year alone have sprung up in North Africa and the Middle East as result of converted refugees in Europe evangelizing to their brethren back home.

Also of inspiration, which you can no doubt mention to encourage ministers to Europe, is the extraordinary level of success that North American and Australian missionaries have been having throughout the European continent—in many towns, villages and refugee camps, especially in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the Netherlands, the ministries have not only rebuilt (or repopulated) existing churches and built new ones, but achieved a 100% conversion rate of the refugees from Islam to Christianity! This has been especially true of the Kosovar (Albanian), Bosnian, Turkish and Kurdish populations, so much so that Kosovo—which had been almost 90% Muslim only 20 years ago—is now getting close to about half Christian, and moving in the direction of complete conversion possibly within a decade, and the same with Bosnia-Hercegovina.

Even more exciting, recent conversion efforts have especially borne fruit with North African (Arab and Berber) populations in France and the Mediterranean. A village in France with a significant Algerian and Tunisian population is now 100% Christian, and North American missionaries ministering to esp. the Moroccan and Algerian immigrants in Ile-de-France region (around Paris) have already achieved majority conversions in many regions, with the numbers rapidly growing. The new converts have in turn returned home to build a network of churches and win more converts in their homelands, so much so that much of North Africa is taking on a Christian character again. This hasn’t happened for hundreds of years, more than a millennia in many cases, so the ministers in Europe are essentially becoming a part of a great historic movement.

Lastly, in terms of other specifics, any information or materials you can help to provide potential emigrant ministers are a major help—for example I’ve been helping missionaries from Sun Belt states (mainly Texas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida and Arizona) and from the provinces of Ontario and Manitoba, in Canada, to obtain the necessary visas and work permits, take language lessons and classes, and in general help get settled in Europe, so any expertise you have in these areas can be a great help.

You mentioned helping to provide online copies of Bibles and this is great, particularly in the variety of languages of Europe and, even more importantly those of the migrants and refugees. Bibles in not only French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and other European languages are important, but much of the missionaries’ success in Europe has been thanks to their determination at making sure the migrant populations have Bibles available in Albanian, Turkish, Kurdish, Bosnian, Arabic, Afghan Pashto, Dari, Farsi Persian and the other languages of the Muslim refugees and migrants being converted to Christianity. For a number of reasons the missions have been focused on the Continent outside Britain, partly with the focus on refugee conversions, partly due to high hostility from authorities in the UK in particular, at any rate what matters is that the availability of the Gospels and missionary materials in multiple languages is key. And aim high! The North American/Australian ministers I’ve talked to in Europe have been very ambitious, aiming for a 100% conversion rate of Muslim migrants as well as full restoration of European churches (and thousands of new ones) by the year 2040, and they’re very much on track to achieve these goals.

All of us agree that the full conversion of Europe’s Muslims to the Christian faith must be the principal focus of all mission work today. Ultimately we do aim to spread the Gospel to the Middle East and North Africa, long under the yoke of Islam, but the best way to do that is indeed to focus on Europe first and bring about the complete conversion of the migrant and Muslim population there, for only they can serve as ambassadors to bring the faith to their homelands. Fair or not, we in the West would be seen as cultural interlopers and colonizers and cannot evangelize freely in North Africa, Turkey or the Middle East. But we can evangelize freely in Continental Europe, where a unique collection of factors has come together to give us favorable terrain. Encourage as many of your brethren and fellow congregation members as possible to spread the word about this great effort, to encourage missionaries to emigrate to European countries where they can evangelize both natives and Muslims, provide language assistance and settle in Europe, and provide ministry there, not only to restore churches and reach the native population but also to convert the Muslims in Europe completely to the Christian faith. Do not be discouraged by defeatist attitudes or the multicultural vapidity of the mainstream media, who are driven by globalist interests hostile to Christianity. They cannot stop us, in part because the Muslims in Europe themselves are exhausted by the contradictions of their own false creed and ready for the love and illumination of the Gospels. It is our task to bring it to them.

Here are some relevant articles for encouragement, many reports noting mass baptisms in the Rhine, the Seine or other major rivers in Europe, with special significance.

Muslim refugees are converting to Christianity in Germany

New York Times Article on Muslim Refugees Converting to Christianity

https://world.wng.org/2017/03/what_s_driving_muslim_refugees_to_christianity

Muslim converts breathe new life into Europe’s struggling Christian churches

Seeking Asylum, Finding Christ: Why Muslim refugees are converting - Premier Christianity

It’s Happening AGAIN: More Syrian Refugees Convert After Seeing Jesus in a Dream

Un musulman voit JESUS et se converti au christianisme après l'apparition miraculeuse !

http://www.stern.de/panorama/gesell...tieren-vom-islam-zum-christentum-6837644.html

Finland: Hundreds of Muslim refugees converting to Christianity | God Reports

http://www.uisio.com/in-germany-muslim-refugees-convert-to-christianity/

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/20...efugees-increasingly-converting-christianity/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/why-are-so-many-muslim-refugees-in-europe-suddenly-finding-jesus

https://avemariaradio.net/muslim-re...-greece-start-evangelizing-planting-churches/

http://almayasabdam.com/germany-muslim-refugees-convert-christianity/

https://www.infochretienne.com/conv...hrist-un-mouvement-mondial-de-grande-ampleur/

Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you so very much for uploading these links, it's so inspiring and confirming to see such concrete evidence that our ministries are having a positive effect, and bringing former Muslims into the Church! We have certainly seen a lot of this with our own ministries in the Netherlands, Belgium and France and more recently in Germany, Spain and Italy but were never really sure about the broader scale. Clearly this great movement from Islam to the Gospels is happening to an even greater extent than we imagined. Even more exciting is the knowledge that many of these brave, newly converted individuals will be bringing the Good News of the Lord to their home countries in North Africa and the Middle East, and perhaps one day soon make them Christian once again. So excited to see this!

Upvote 0

Baratom

Oct 21, 2017
Dallas
✟7,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there are great and, as yet largely untapped ministry opportunities in some of the lesser-visited countries in the east and Central Europe. Like a lot of you we cut our teeth in France and Germany. But we have been focusing more on countries in the periphery lately, such as Hungary and Bulgaria where we have managed to bring their long residing Turkish populations into the church. The same with Bosnia and Kosovo, where we have helped to convert thousands of Bosnian and Kosovar Albanian Muslims to Christianity. Greece, Albania, Serbia, Slovakia and Croatia present similar opportunities. So if you're looking for new ground to help build a new church or revitalize existing ones, consider some of the countries in the east, they're also great places to learn the art of ministry and, as a practical matter, to get an EU work and residence permit that will allow you to move and minister in any of the bloc's 27 countries.

Reactions: Delanie
Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there are great and, as yet largely untapped ministry opportunities in some of the lesser-visited countries in the east and Central Europe. Like a lot of you we cut our teeth in France and Germany. But we have been focusing more on countries in the periphery lately, such as Hungary and Bulgaria where we have managed to bring their long residing Turkish populations into the church. The same with Bosnia and Kosovo, where we have helped to convert thousands of Bosnian and Kosovar Albanian Muslims to Christianity. Greece, Albania, Serbia, Slovakia and Croatia present similar opportunities. So if you're looking for new ground to help build a new church or revitalize existing ones, consider some of the countries in the east, they're also great places to learn the art of ministry and, as a practical matter, to get an EU work and residence permit that will allow you to move and minister in any of the bloc's 27 countries.

Thanks for bringing attention to this. We like most of the other American, Australian, Brazilian and Canadian groups in Europe gravitated to the big and better known countries of western Europe, and we have had great success in church building and converting Muslims and refugees there. But I think sometimes the sheer shining brightness and general visibility of the Netherlands, France, Germany, Scandinavia and their neighbors can rob the east of the continent of support it could use too. Many of those countries were trapped for decades under communist rule after all, yet steadfastly kept their faith, and I'm sure many could no doubt use support in rebuilding many of their churches too and preaching to their growing flocks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
For our fellow ministries in Europe esp up in our centers in Netherlands, Belgium and France, just wanted to send out a very Merry Christmas to all of you, you're worked very hard this year and we've had a record year for increasing church attendance and conversions from Islam across the continent. Best to all of you and your families at this joyous time of year!

Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Greetings again Baratom,
Thank you for mentioning the great pivotal work of our missions in central Europe and in particular in Kosovo and Bosnia. These have possibly been the most successful Christian missionaries not only in Europe but across the world, as they are achieving the historic milestone of rapidly converting the Muslim population back to their original Christian faith. Years ago a number of clever and historically versed ministers conceived of the notion of using Skanderbeg, a great Albanian Christian hero against the Turks, as the emblem for their efforts, and in part due to such cultural awareness they've enjoyed success. They've also been working hard to provide Albanian-language Bibles as well as in Bosnian, provide native language church services and in general to extend friendship to the local communities. Similar efforts have indeed paid off in converting the Bulgarian, Hungarian and even Cypriot Turkish communities to Christianity. These are indeed excellent places to focus, both by helping to convert migrants from these regions as well as to take the Gospel to these countries themselves, and it gives us all great heart o see them bearing fruit and bringing so many people into the congregations they're establishing.

Reactions: Delanie
Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
Greetings again Baratom,
Thank you for mentioning the great pivotal work of our missions in central Europe and in particular in Kosovo and Bosnia. These have possibly been the most successful Christian missionaries not only in Europe but across the world, as they are achieving the historic milestone of rapidly converting the Muslim population back to their original Christian faith. Years ago a number of clever and historically versed ministers conceived of the notion of using Skanderbeg, a great Albanian Christian hero against the Turks, as the emblem for their efforts, and in part due to such cultural awareness they've enjoyed success. They've also been working hard to provide Albanian-language Bibles as well as in Bosnian, provide native language church services and in general to extend friendship to the local communities. Similar efforts have indeed paid off in converting the Bulgarian, Hungarian and even Cypriot Turkish communities to Christianity. These are indeed excellent places to focus, both by helping to convert migrants from these regions as well as to take the Gospel to these countries themselves, and it gives us all great heart o see them bearing fruit and bringing so many people into the congregations they're establishing.

Wow this sounds great? I hadn't heart of Skanderbeg before but this sounds like an amazing and very well informed idea. I have been hearing the great news that Kosovo and Bosnia are both rapidly becoming majority Christian again. I don't know much of Skanderbeg though, how are they using him to evangelize? Does he have a kind of spiritual discovery story, like the Catholic saints, that helps to draw believers to him from other faiths? Or just lessons in sermons and pamphlets? Would love to inform my parishioners and fellow missionaries more about this to help them get involved!

Upvote 0

Galworth

May 27, 2014
✟16,692.00
Faith
Baptist
One of the branches of our broader mission effort in Germany and France just announced that they achieved the complete conversion of one of the oldest Turkish-German neighborhoods in Berlin. It's relatively small but had long been a kind of "barometer" of the mood of the Turkish community in the country, and after years of steady outreach, kind invitations, prayers and community support, the Turkish-Germans in the group (many born in Germany) began to warm up to the blessings of the Church. Starting around 6 years ago we began to see our first converts, and as of today, we've received the wonderful news that everyone in the neighborhood has now joined one of five local churches, two of them built within the last decade! Thanks to be God and blessings to the newest members of our flock!

Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
One of the branches of our broader mission effort in Germany and France just announced that they achieved the complete conversion of one of the oldest Turkish-German neighborhoods in Berlin. It's relatively small but had long been a kind of "barometer" of the mood of the Turkish community in the country, and after years of steady outreach, kind invitations, prayers and community support, the Turkish-Germans in the group (many born in Germany) began to warm up to the blessings of the Church. Starting around 6 years ago we began to see our first converts, and as of today, we've received the wonderful news that everyone in the neighborhood has now joined one of five local churches, two of them built within the last decade! Thanks to be God and blessings to the newest members of our flock!

Hello Galworth, this is so nice to hear and thank you for spreading the good news! Our group from the outset was mostly involved in Netherlands and Belgium (Dutch speaking area) but we've also had great success in conversion of the ethnic Turkish population there. In fact they have become among the most enthusiastic members of our congregations, eager to bring the word of the Lord to family and friends back home! We've been focusing a little more on the Moroccan and other North African-descended populations of late and there has been great news especially in France on the conversion rate for those groups, so you might be interested in encouraging members of your own group, including recent converts, to try to help. But congratulations in order regardless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Galworth

May 27, 2014
✟16,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Thank you! I was just marvelng at the courage of that young man who after his conversion, set off to speak the people back in his home in North Africa. I have met people who did that, conditions have gotten better for evangelizing there in the last 2 decade or so, I hear that people even village leaders are a lot more open to the Gospel. Especially in Algeria, or areas of Morocco. But still I think, it must take courage to do, not knowing the reaction you'll get. This is why it's so important to have natives of those countries, know the language and culture and the local villages, take the lead. Great, smart idea to reach out to the diasporas in Europe like that, a great way to build an enthusiastic community to take the Gospel home!

Upvote 0

Achilles the Second

May 25, 2018
Tampa, Florida
✟15,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It pleases me greatly to read the testimonials and accounts written here. I wanted to bring a bit of attention to ministry organizations active in Italy, which I believe has garnered less attention than the ministries in Holland, Germany, Sweden or France. Slowly but surely, Italy has been enjoying a revival of its Christian heritage, and this has been due in part to the large number of Americans, Filipinos, Canadians, Australians and even Indian Christians moving here and filling up seats in churches that had been stagnant in some cases for decades, both established and newly renovated ones. "Le chiese" here have been doing better in the past 5 years than in the past 50, and it's in big part thanks to the many Americans and other Christians who've moved there to shore them up.

But we've also been heavily involved in the conversion operations going on in other countries, mostly of the resident Moroccan and Albanian populations. I am Catholic and many of us are also such here due to the country's history, but I want to emphasize that we welcome ministers from all denominations including evangelical Protestant ones, particularly those involved in converting Muslims, and have actively shared information and helped each other. It is time right now to show a unified front to help strengthen this ancient bulwark of our faith, in fact in many ways the origin of the Church itself in the West, and leaving any squabbling over denominational disagreements for later. IT will take the hard work and cooperation of all of us to further promote the revival of the churches in the ancient Italian lands, and to bring even more of the Muslim population into the flock. I extend an invitation to any of you interested to join us. The Italian language is quite straightforward to learn and Bibles in Arabic and Albanian as well as Italian are abundant, and you will plenty of fellow eager ministers by your side.

Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
It pleases me greatly to read the testimonials and accounts written here. I wanted to bring a bit of attention to ministry organizations active in Italy, which I believe has garnered less attention than the ministries in Holland, Germany, Sweden or France. Slowly but surely, Italy has been enjoying a revival of its Christian heritage, and this has been due in part to the large number of Americans, Filipinos, Canadians, Australians and even Indian Christians moving here and filling up seats in churches that had been stagnant in some cases for decades, both established and newly renovated ones. "Le chiese" here have been doing better in the past 5 years than in the past 50, and it's in big part thanks to the many Americans and other Christians who've moved there to shore them up.

But we've also been heavily involved in the conversion operations going on in other countries, mostly of the resident Moroccan and Albanian populations. I am Catholic and many of us are also such here due to the country's history, but I want to emphasize that we welcome ministers from all denominations including evangelical Protestant ones, particularly those involved in converting Muslims, and have actively shared information and helped each other. It is time right now to show a unified front to help strengthen this ancient bulwark of our faith, in fact in many ways the origin of the Church itself in the West, and leaving any squabbling over denominational disagreements for later. IT will take the hard work and cooperation of all of us to further promote the revival of the churches in the ancient Italian lands, and to bring even more of the Muslim population into the flock. I extend an invitation to any of you interested to join us. The Italian language is quite straightforward to learn and Bibles in Arabic and Albanian as well as Italian are abundant, and you will plenty of fellow eager ministers by your side.

Pleases me to hear this, there has been great Catholic-Protestant cooperation too in Belgium where our group was stationed, and I'm sure any ministries in Italy would require it to be successful. We have far more in common despite our differences, and we need to rely on each other as we have common goals., especially in areas with a long history of Catholic worship any ministry must be familiar with that traditional, culture and the ideas and wisdom coming from the cathedrals and the worshipers within.

Upvote 0

Galworth

May 27, 2014
✟16,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Pleases me to hear this, there has been great Catholic-Protestant cooperation too in Belgium where our group was stationed, and I'm sure any ministries in Italy would require it to be successful. We have far more in common despite our differences, and we need to rely on each other as we have common goals., especially in areas with a long history of Catholic worship any ministry must be familiar with that traditional, culture and the ideas and wisdom coming from the cathedrals and the worshipers within.

Couldn't agree with you more. Our group has a zero tolerance policy for any ministers or missionaries who try to start fights or undermine other Christian groups in Europe, this means immediate expulsion and revocation of visa sponsorship. Fortunately we have not had a problem with this because all our members and new converts among ex. European refugees or the Turkish, Albanian or Moroccan migrant workers, all agree that is is foolish to allow infighting among Christian groups, when our focus must be on restoring Europe's churches, building new ones and converting all the Muslims in Europe, or encouraging them to leave if they insist on staying with Islam. We work better together, and if this leads to a rainbow of different Christian denominations taking new root in Europe, so much the better, it will give us a greater set of traditions and knowledge to draw from.

Upvote 0

Delanie

Aug 29, 2014
✟9,777.00
Faith
Christian
Couldn't agree with you more. Our group has a zero tolerance policy for any ministers or missionaries who try to start fights or undermine other Christian groups in Europe, this means immediate expulsion and revocation of visa sponsorship. Fortunately we have not had a problem with this because all our members and new converts among ex. European refugees or the Turkish, Albanian or Moroccan migrant workers, all agree that is is foolish to allow infighting among Christian groups, when our focus must be on restoring Europe's churches, building new ones and converting all the Muslims in Europe, or encouraging them to leave if they insist on staying with Islam. We work better together, and if this leads to a rainbow of different Christian denominations taking new root in Europe, so much the better, it will give us a greater set of traditions and knowledge to draw from.

100% with you! This is one of the things I delighted so much working with the converts when I was focussed so much in the Netherlands. We had a lot of converted Turks and Kurds in our group, who fully changed their names and identities to take on Dutch Christian names and surnames and, they were fervent in their new faith. And yet, even though they had been often evangelized and converted to a lot of different denominations, since our ministers (migrated from America and Canada) had come from different churches, they found a way to co-operate and help each other when it came to further mission work to bring their brethren into the church, even when converting entire mosques into churches where there was a choice of what denomination the church would be. The essence of it was being able to see the bigger picture, and respecting that the diversity of the churches was a strength not a weakness, all different paths of coming to understand and worship the Father, Son and Holy Ghost but somehow complimenting each other. So they drew strength from each other, shared ideas and in many cases, we got full conversion of the Dutch Turkish, Kurdish and Albanian communities in many sites to the church. In our experience it was a little harder with the Moroccans partly just due to physical differences that made many of them stand out as a minority in a north European country. But even there, when we achieved conversions, we benefited greatly from the denominational diversity of our ministers.

Upvote 0