• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please help! Serious anxiety

Danielle Feetham

Apr 13, 2019
Penrith
✟8,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I am so worried because I made a promise a few weeks ago and swore to keep it on my future with my dog. Anyway, earlier this afternoon I broke it. Now I am so worried that God is going to take my dog away from me somehow because I said that to Him that if I broke my promise he could take my dog away. This is giving me really bad anxiety.

I don't even know why I made this stupid promise in the first place. I've been struggling with OCD and intrusive thoughts at the minute so that could be why.

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I am so worried because I made a promise a few weeks ago and swore to keep it on my future with my dog. Anyway, earlier this afternoon I broke it. Now I am so worried that God is going to take my dog away from me somehow because I said that to Him that if I broke my promise he could take my dog away. This is giving me really bad anxiety.

I don't even know why I made this stupid promise in the first place. I've been struggling with OCD and intrusive thoughts at the minute so that could be why.
Welcome to CF. We should avoid testing the Lord our God. Trust in Him.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
don't even know why I made this stupid promise in the first place. I've been struggling with OCD and intrusive thoughts at the minute so that could be why.

Give does not make bargains with us.
Just tell God you are sorry and ask for forgiveness.

As for intrusive thoughts, don't argue or talk back, or try to ignore or suppress them.
Just acknowledge them. Say, " Yes that is right." And move on.

Do talk to your GP about getting help or counseling about intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
If you knew how many promises I made over the porcelain alter …telling God ...I would do this or that if he got me through this night.

I meant it at the time ....but ended up breaking well over 200 …before I actually flipped my life.

God knows and looks at our heart …tell your dog…. everything is ok.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Relax. God knows us all deeply. He knows our strengths and weaknesses.

Talk to God about it in prayer.

Rest assured He loves you and knows your struggles.

God bless you

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

HI.. think about this.. FEAR is NOT of God. So that fear you have did not is not of GOD but the enemy. So that thought you had about GOD taking your GOD.. is from the enemy. So rejoice..why? FLIP what that fearful thought was :)

See Hes not like man.. you just say sorry.. keep going! Sorry it really is that easy :) He loves you ..He is for you.. HE NEVER USES FEAR! God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. This is where no matter how you FEEL.. you are just going to have to believe His word. To believe He is ALWAYS for you never against you. He is never MAD at you.. He loves you.. He is not like man. You are so loved so blessed.. rejoice

• Agree
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0